Obi (Obama) Shepherd x Staffie DOB ?2006 Maidenhead

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Obi (Obama) Shepherd x Staffie DOB ?2006 Maidenhead

Postby xxlynne » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:34 pm

Current Status: Homed

Obama51.jpg

Obama Needs: stability and security to move forwards into his new life. Obama has a focus for tree branches and shrubs which is quite intense and he needs not to be encouraged and desensitised to respect them! Broken canine as a result but our vet advised to leave it but be aware of its sharpness. Unsure if Obama would share his space, toys, with another dog..so suggest only pet.NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Video: Obama arrived today a little down in mood
Known background: Obama was found stray unchipped and not reclaimed in East London. He had an untreated flea allergy which is much improved but it will take time for his fur to grow back on his back. Now neutered, and fully vaccinated. Currently in kennels in Guildford.

About Obama: Cool dude! Obama walks well and meets other dogs well but may becpome fluttered by a busy intrusive off lead dog. Calm in the house and certainly housetrained. Very connected to his people. Travels well in the car.

Obama is an older boy we thinking 8 years young but this maybe judged by his gentle energy and could be younger. Beautiful orange brindle coat which has improved since arrive. He may need regular flea treatment as he has had an allergy on entry. Yes Obama is namesd due to his presidential bearing...he has charism and is a wow to all who meet him.

Visit Obama's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for £175 donation at the time of adoption, as we can't support so many dogs without funds. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Obama91.jpg
Obama90.jpg

Obama's Thread below: Watch steady progress within our loving care.
Original Referral Details: A rescue friend contacted us to see if there was anyway we could help with 4 Brindle dogs who were running out of time.

We took Obama in today...yes he has a very presidential air. In silhouette you will see the Shepherd, not so easy to see when you see him in his Staffie brindle coat..

Obama4.jpg

An older GENTLE man who did come alive when he spotted low lying tree branches and he managed to get 2 down but my no, as you'll hear at the front of the video dissuaded him against.
Obama1.jpg
Obama6.jpg
Obama2.jpg
Obama3.jpg
Obama5.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Obama Shepherd x Staffie DOB ?2006 Godstone Kenns

Postby Hoonercat » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:12 am

Looks like Buddie :smiley-gen132.gif:
Hoonercat

Postby Tim » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:41 pm

We met Obama yesterday...a very chilled out dog indeed and such lovely markings
untitled-1419.jpg

untitled-1424-1.jpg

untitled-1450.jpg

Very very gentle when taking a treat
untitled-1420.jpg

untitled-1440.jpg

chillin out after a game of football - how relaxed does he look :)
untitled-1436-1.jpg

untitled-1433-1.jpg

Time for a tummy tickle
untitled-1429.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Postby susanfenton » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:57 pm

What an absolutely lovely dog. Quiet, gentle and kind with everyone: kids, adults and other dogs. I've posted some pics and more commentary on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/6767979 ... 4/?fref=ts
susanfenton

Postby Elliesmum » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:53 am

Met this well behaved Gent at the Funday, where he was relaxed among the crowds and I think he even went to sleep. Loved him, my two fav breeds as well! Looks like he gets on with all people and dogs.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs.
Elliesmum

Postby nhelyer » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:30 pm

I also had the pleasure of meeting the lovely Obama at yesterday's Fun Day. Definitely a boy with a presidential air about him! :biggrin.gif: I couldn't believe how relaxed and happy he was amongst all the people and dogs at the Fun Day. Such a chilled and well mannered boy who hopefully will be in his own (maybe white!) house soon.
nhelyer

Postby Rummibailey » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:51 pm

Oh Obama! If you don't find a home soon I'll be in shock! We spent quite a bit of the Funday in your company and hardly noticed you were there! As I am used to quite lively dogs, his calm back nature was a very pleasant change and certainly perfect when you have his leads in one hand and working on the tombola stall with the other! Only issue was when he steadily disappeared under the table to say hello to the people and dogs on the other side - never with an issues!

He did fall asleep at the end of the lead 3 times by the end of the day, and I think he must have slept well last night! He had so many admirers and I think he would make such a lovely calm family pet - certainly no trouble at all!

(I think Luisa has a photo of Obama and my girls which she'll hopefully share at some point!)
Don't Breed and Buy while Thousands Die in UK dog pounds
Rummibailey

Postby SarahW » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:47 am

I have walked Obama twice now both times with other dogs and he is a treasure. He has an amazing calm energy about him. He is also a really stunning boy in the fur with the most mesmerising eyes *swoon*!
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.eu/f...lun%20...%20tionnaire/
SarahW

Postby gsdlover » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:22 pm

Obama joined Curly, my Mum & myself on the Kit Wilson sponsored walk on the Ashdown Forest today :biggrin.gif:

I was aware that there would be a lot of dogs about so I wanted a quiet, calm dog for my Mum to take. He was absolutely perfect in every way, from the moment he left his kennel until we got back :D

He is easy to harness, easy to get out of the kennel block, got straight in the car and lay down in his crate and we didn't hear a peep out of him for the whole journey.

I can only say positive things about him - his dog and people skills are excellent - no reaction whatsoever to any of the dogs we passed, and after sensible intros to Curly and Charlie the chocolate lab they were all walking along next to each other which was lovely to see.

Just as an aside, whilst Mum was in the car park with him waiting for Curly and myself, she said that two of the cats were milling around and he took no notice of them.

We met horses on the forest, again with no reaction, so I really think, that although Obama is more mature he is a fantastic all rounder who will make a fabulous first dog for someone as he really is so easy :biggrin.gif:
gsdlover

Postby gsdlover » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:06 pm

image.jpg
gsdlover

Postby gsdlover » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:07 pm

image.jpg
gsdlover

Postby chinquest » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:19 pm

another photo of Obama from today
obama.jpg
chinquest

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed