Jethro Mastiff Crossbreed DOB 2011 Waterlooville

Dogs that have found their forever home
pits

Re: Jethro Mastiff Crossbreed DOB 2011 Guildford Kenns

Post by pits »

Here's the great looking Jethro earlier. It was the first time that I'd properly really met him and he's such a big softie, and was mad about sitting or just lying there and getting attention and belly rubs. Please consider Jethro if you're looking to adopt!
jethro1 small.jpg
jethro2 small.jpg
jethro3 small.jpg
jethro4 small.jpg
pits

Post by pits »

Here's some more photos of Jethro. Thank you to Faith for helping with the photos
f1 small.jpg
f2 small.jpg
f3 small.jpg
f4 small.jpg
f5 small.jpg
pits

Post by pits »

Here's a short new video about the great Jethro who would so really love his own home, and he's shown repeatedly how sweet, gentle and affectionate he is with his humans.

pits

Post by pits »

A new video about Jethro! He has loads of great points about him, his love of cuddling, his skills with being around other dogs - he could live with a confident bitch, he has a heart of gold, he loves humans, he will adore his future owner to bits. Do consider Jethro.

Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

When Jethro and I are not exploring the local nature trails we often pop into the paddock for a game of football.
Jethro is a clever boy and used to prefer playing with the boomer ball alone , but recently
He understands the term "my turn" and shares the ball so we can enjoy a game of football together. He has much better ball skills than I !!

It's been a great bonding game, and has taught Jethro, and other dogs I've used it with that they don't need to keep the toy or ball to themselves, or guard an item through concern that it may be taken away, but instead teachers them the joys of sharing alongside human interaction .
Gareth.C

Post by Gareth.C »

I've been walking Jethro for a while now and like most of the walkers at Guildford I am a huge fan! Jethro is quite big and very strong but he is a complete softie. When you walk past Jethro's kennel he doesn't bark or carry on, he presses himself against the wire in the hope that you'll give him a scratch. Once you go into his kennel he is straight onto his back for a belly rub.
IMG_4028.JPG
Out walking he is strong on the lead but he is also responsive to commands - unless he sees a squirrel! He passes dogs without a problem and loves swimming so much that if you aren't careful you will end up in the water with him.
IMG_4026.JPG
IMG_4021.JPG
It's really sad to see Jethro has been in Kennels since 2014 as he so clearly loves peoples company - please consider giving Jethro a home as he would repay you with years of affection and gratitude!
Gareth.C

Post by Gareth.C »

Jethro came for a sleepover with Jenn and I this Saturday to get away from the cold kennels. You wouldn't think Jethro had been in kennels for four years as he has retained his house manners and is very responsive to lots of commands. Photos don’t do Jethro justice - I'll be uploading a video tonight!
FUSN5586.JPG
Once we got Jethro home we coaxed him into the bath with some treats. He obviously wasn’t too happy it but he did a great job of listening to us and putting up with it.
CRRD0500.JPG
After we towelled him off he had a brief zoom around the flat, smelling everything but he quickly found his spot next to me on the couch and did the classic jethro roll straight onto his back for a belly scratch where he stayed for most of the weekend.
XQZF1106.JPG
Jethro is a larger dog but even in our small 1 bed flat he was more than manageable. He is very energetic out on his walks but in the home he is much calmer and just wants to be close to his people. I have never met a dog as affectionate as Jethro, it is really heartbreaking to think of him stuck in a small kennel for 4 years when he is so desperate for human contact.
SZMA2706.JPG
As others have already said Jethro is strong on his walks however he is intelligent enough that with consistent training this could be improved - also just being in a home setting where he has more room to move around and more stimulation throughout the day would help him to slow down and enjoy walks.
MEBD3832.JPG
I don’t think his tail stopped wagging the entire weekend and he was so happy to have company and a couch - the lucky people who adopt jethro will be repaid with years of love from a dog who would really appreciate it.
ADJE1815.JPG
Gareth.C

Post by Gareth.C »

Jenn and I took Jethro for a walk late on Sunday afternoon. It was very sad to see that Jethro was quite depressed in his kennel and at first he didn't want to get out of bed. After a bit of a fuss and some treats he got himself up and harnessed but it wasn't with his usual excitement.
BITH5202.JPG
Once he was out he perked up a bit but by Jethros standards it was a very slow and slack lead walk (without any prompting). Jenn walked staffie Missy and they both walked really nicely together.
TRRO4686.JPG
After his walk Jethro was his usual affectionate self and it when it was time for us to leave he stood on his back legs with his arms around Jenn and his face pressed into her ;(
JESP8917.JPG
Jethro craves human company and really has spent far too long in the kennels. Please consider giving him the life he deserves and rescuing him from kennels - he really would be the most grateful, loving dog a family could have.
VFSE1649.JPG
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Jethro thoroughly enjoyed his road trip with Terry yesterday - he was a very good boy - so was Jethro..... 0002.gif]
C0F86BB0-AF6C-4D82-A18C-7CAE8A943427.jpeg
D5572C44-FFA2-4656-81DD-E17A5F98C443.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”