Jethro Mastiff Crossbreed DOB 2011 Waterlooville

Dogs that have found their forever home
Sarahk

Re: Jethro Mastiff Crossbreed DOB 2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Oh Jethro, how I love you boy love4.gif

Always a pleasure to walk this boy woo.gif]
C8607A7E-54BF-4095-A959-75BDE2326DE9.jpeg
The squirrels were out in force today and super cheeky !!! They’d jump through the high branches and make the leaves all drop - just a little bit intriguing for Jethro and many of the other dogs today !!!
12B09358-BEB0-476E-AA9D-D08CE31D6C95.jpeg
A56E41F9-8238-4ADE-A8B4-49B98CF86504.jpeg
Obvs Jethro got cuddles from all the walkers today thumbs.gif
9255D8FD-858A-4106-AD95-78C0205A62AA.jpeg
And thankyou Guildford walkers, I’m sure he pulls much less than he used too thumbs.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Stu

Post by Stu »

I walked Jethro on Monday and it was great to walk with him again. He was his usual self rolling around on the floor to get his tummy rubbed and then off for a brisk walk with Jethro showing his usual attention to detail of everything going on around him in particular things I couldn't see in the hedgerows. I will try to walk him regularly and keep you all posted, walking him and Missie on the same day is better than a week at the gym.
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Jethro enjoyed a trip out today with terry.
A54B3179-5E42-4070-AC3A-4F26AE964730.jpeg
They went to earlswood common and then had a dinner date.....
F0B445AB-41A2-4A00-B850-F8166CF05A4E.jpeg
Jethro as always, a very good boy. Baffles everyone who’s met him why he hasn’t been snapped up. Xx.
6671F9C1-A99A-466A-B777-9F57C0197323.jpeg
S.K.A.D

Re: Jethro Mastiff Crossbreed DOB 2011 Temp Foster Waterlooville

Post by S.K.A.D »

Oh bless him. He sounds such a lovely, friendly dog. Great pictures and video of him in foster on Facebook too. They definitely show how quickly this long-stay dog would adapt to a loving home life. love4.gif
pits

Post by pits »

🐾 Here's a new video about awesome Jethro! He is the most cuddle-loving people-loving dog ever and has recently shown how amazingly good he is in a home, living happily with another dog. He is a people person and only wants someone to cherish and love. Thank you to fosterer Emma for most of the video clips and to the other volunteers who have filmed him.

EmmaD

Post by EmmaD »

Well folks, I have had the privilege of having Jethro come on a foster break with us, he's been with us almost a week but I have to say I almost can't remember our home without him! I struggle every day to get my head around the fact that he has been in kennels for 4.5 years yet has settled so amazingly, so quickly. It's truly tragic.

My first surprise was that Jeth is fully house trained, he hasn't forgotten where he should do his business, huge credit to him! He is so full of love, he's not shy in giving affection and just wants to lollop all over you, whether you are human or canine. He is also a very good boy and settles easily if for example you are working from home, a few gentle nudges to try his luck but if you ignore him, he just goes and lies down quietly, in my case, sometimes in the lounge, or sometimes on the bed near where I'm working.

Jethro has been very respectful of Bella, Bella is a very playful and social woofer, but we know that she can feel a bit unsettled when it's clear another dog is staying for more than a few hours (I fear I have created a bit of a princess), so we are making sure we all do nice walks together and also that Bella carries on with her routine of being out with our dog walker, agility, cuddles in her usual spot to try to help her relax. Testament to both dogs that we've had the most amazing love-ins all together love4.gif Jeth likes to take his time to meet new dogs, he just needs a little space to suss them out and has been very good with Bella - he's so deferent though that when we first introduced Bella (who went straight into play mode) that Jeth tried to jump out the paddock - the big softie. He was soon won over and he's been very good and chilled with her. They've had some nice plays as you can see in Johan's video in the previous post. Bella and I also walk fairly regularly with our friends Seb and Gloria and their dogs, so in the spirit of carrying on as normal with Bella we've done a couple of lovely walks with them, one with Buddy and one with Hughie (exRR!) all the boys were good as gold. Plenty of space and beautiful countryside what's not to love! We're meeting up with his old pal little Lawrie (also ex RR!) on Sunday for a stroll after Bella and Buddy have their agility Christmas party! Time to drag out the Christmas pudd outfit again, might be a little small for Jeth, but no doubt worth getting a comedy picture of!

So what next for Mr Jeth, well, we'd like to hold on to him as long as we can to build upon this brilliant first 6 days - hopefully Auntie Lynne will let us! I've jigged things around so I can work from home and this week we'll start slowly testing how he copes with being left alone for short periods to see what he's capable of. We have a camera we can access live online so we can pop out for 5 mins, then 10, maybe for a cuppa next door, all the while keeping an eye on him to see how he is, and go from there making sure he doesn't get stressed. It would be good to build him up so that we know he can cope for a few hours at a time as I'm sure this will help his chances of getting a forever home. Signs so far are good, I left him in our lounge today whilst I worked in the spare room and he just chilled out on the sofa and was there over and hour and a half later when I went back in to get a coffee. Good boy !!!

If I knew for sure that Bella would settle long term, and that he is able to cope with being left for a few hours so that we could get a dog walker in and be able to go to work, we'd adopt him in a heart beat, but in the meantime we're going to do our very best to juggle stuff around to keep this boy who has melted our hearts out of kennels.

Now follows a ridiculous number of pics and a vid to give you a really good idea of life with the legend that is Jeth!

ps the secure garden is important, Jeth stays on a 15m lead whenever outside with us and we're really careful with doors. We have a 6ft fence and a gate which is 4ft. Jeth for the first 5 days has not tried a thing, he's had plenty of opportunity but had no inclination, even watching people through the gate at the front walk past etc. Today little Tommy (toy poodle) next door was in the garden and Jeth was super excited to hear him barking and could sniff him and he did make a leap for it. Obviously it was fine, but our sociable boy will need a nice high fence in order to roam free around the garden. In the main, he'll be absolutely fine, but ... on the off chance something passes and he wants to say Hi, you'll need to be sure he can't leap over.

GLORIOUS BOY!!! love4.gif love4.gif
car-opt.jpg
making friends-opt.jpg
friends2-opt.jpg
friends-opt.jpg
family-opt.jpg
And now a video where I show myself up to be a complete woos, and Jeth shows himself to completely fabulous :0)
Attachments
walk-opt.jpg
security-opt.jpg
paw-opt.jpg
not shy of a cuddle-opt.jpg
morning-opt.jpg
menjeff-opt.jpg
love-opt.jpg
head rest-opt.jpg
chill-opt.jpg
chill 2-opt.jpg
bromance-opt.jpg
bigboyonhistod-opt.jpg
bella cuddles-opt.jpg
bedcuddle 2-opt.jpg
bed cuddle2-opt.jpg
bed cuddle_opt.jpg
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Just wonderful woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] :smiley-bounce016.gi:
gsdlover

Post by gsdlover »

Thank you so so much for keeping Jethro out of kennels for a bit longer :thanks.gif:

He looks like he's having a wonderful break with you....just heartwarming to see love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

Amazing photos of an amazing Jethro and his thoroughly amazing foster family. Thank you. blob6.gif] blob6.gif]
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Oh Emma and Jethro, you’ve made me cry again even though I’ve seen the pics on Facebook already - simply gorgeous - you are Jethro’s guardian angels for sure - Thankyou and keep the pics and updates coming xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”