Jethro Mastiff Crossbreed DOB 2011 Guildford Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
xxlynne

Jethro Mastiff Crossbreed DOB 2011 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:15 am

Current Status: Available
Jethro035.jpg
Jethro's Story: Jethro was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forward to offer a Rescue place to save Jethro's life. Jethro has been with our rescue since 2014. He is a lovely, friendly boy, who needs a secure home with large dog experience. Jethro is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. He is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst he awaits his new family.

Jethro is bright, full of fun, and trains well. He engages with commands and has been learning to walk with a slack lead after his initial enthusiasm of being free from his kennel. Jethro is curious, and ventures forward to understand, meet and engage. Jethro isn't leapy and has quite a settled energy, which is masked within the hype of kennels. Jethro loves to explore with his loved people. He is capable of getting over a high fence, but would only do this if he was intent to re-engage with company and was bored. We found him in a Jack Russell's kennel one morning, both of them pleased as punch! Jethro could live with another dog.

Jethro is a large Mastiff cross with a ready smile and intelligent engagement shining through his eyes. He is very gentle around people, and settles walking with other dogs. He meets other dogs well given slack and walked on by. Jethro's walks are about sniffing, exploring, and cuddles, whenever there is a rest moment. Jethro is devoted to his 'owner/ handler' so very popular with our kennel walkers. A great guy in every way!

Jethro needs a family with large dog experience who will connect with him through voice, to settle Jethro and encourage him not to pull. He needs a secure garden and exit management, as Jethro is intelligent and may try to follow his people if they leave. Care will be needed with lever doors. This lad adores companionship but settles in own company.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Jethro93.jpg
Jethro33.jpg
jethro27.jpg

Jethro's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
19th July 14: Lynne can you squeeze this boy in he is due for PTS on Monday and they will. I'm sinking in Staffies & I know you are too.
"Hi Michelle, Hope you are well. We have dog tested & he seems dog friendly."
Jethro1.jpg
Jethro.jpg

xxlynne

Re: Jethro Large Crossbreed DOB 2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:20 pm

Jethro5.jpg
Spent the day with Jethro at my side today. Travelled in the passenger seat, he did over react slightly when Marlie jumped in the back seat crate I stern no! from me and he was "sweetness and light" touching noses with Marlie throughout the journey. He does have an element to initially over act to dog noises or dogs walking passed the dog mobile but again one word from me and he was self corrected. We travelled around the North circ. and M25 over the Dartford bridge and waited whilst I dropped dogs off at the vets. We went on to the kennels and patiently waited whilst Marlie had time out in the paddock and a walk after before Marlie went into his kennel. Jethro then went into the paddock to enjoy 'freedom' ...the day was hot
Jethro4.jpg
Jethro3.jpg
Video: Short Glimpse

Video: Another Short Glimpse
Jethro6.jpg
Jethro7.jpg
We then went to another vets and Ben the vet checked Jethro over and gave him his first vax. When we got to the kennels Jethro made an attempt to jump a 9 ft gate and I thought you know something Jethro you would make a good go for that and then I remembered I had been aware he was sizing up the 6' fencing in the paddock...hum I wonder how Jethro was found stray?! Held him firmly walking down the kennels with dogs either side half way through I was able to let him touch noses with each dog behind their door. Big friendly chap who will listen, and has good manners. He isn't overtly licky but enjoys closeness

PS Probably Georgi's litter brother identical and found some part of London

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Jethro had a lovely walk with Tim , Rachel and Friday crew only to travel over to Godstone and find himself having a nice sleep at the vet to awake to find a little difference 'below' and 2 blue socks where his dew claws used to be. Bemused he is sleeping the 'neutering episode' off. Bless

Tim

Post by Tim » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:03 pm

We took Jethro for a short walk before taking him over to Godstone (he was very good in the car, sitting at Rachel's feet ) where he then had a nice runaround in the paddock.
he's like a gentle giant and is so friendly :biggrin.gif:
untitled-0002.jpg
untitled-0014.jpg
untitled-0055.jpg
untitled-0035.jpg
Sitting patiently for a treat
untitled-0017.jpg
Tummy tickle time
untitled-0032.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/

xxlynne

Re: Jethro Mastiff Crossbreed DOB 2011 Godstone Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:55 pm

Jethro has been interfering with his ex-dew claws so I had to rush him to our vets yesterday. He is now on AntiBs and they are being kept clean with salted water by the kennel staff; vet review again Friday. Had a lovely run in the paddock still a little too enthused approaching dogs but alwayss playful when encountering them through mesh or doorways. He loves to hear 'Good boys' he listens intently and after awhile you can secure a little lick as a means of appreciation :oops:

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:52 pm

Jethro is doing so well. Dew claws now fully healed; a trip to the vets on 18th Aug when he had his stitches out and 2nd vaccination...always a sign our dogs are ready for their homes..Jethro so is

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:47 pm

Jethro helped me show news walker Hazel the ropes today, a very good boy he was too :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:41 pm

Jethro and I enjoyed a lovely walk yesterday. We set off down the bridleway and in the first field to the left there was a fox stood staring at us both ! Jethro and the fox both stood still staring for a while and then the fox shot through the hedgerow at the side of the field, that got Jethro interested and he was keen to investigate ! Focus back on his walk and past said hedge and who's there staring at us again ... Yep, Foxy Loxy !!! Not so long a staring match this time and the fox shot back the other way through the hedge ! Jethro was distracted easily and we continued on our walk, what next, 2 horses in the field on our right interested to see what we were doing !

For the horses Jethro sat bolt upright, taking it all in, watching their every move but sitting still as a mouse !
image.jpg
image.jpg
Thankfully after that there were no more interruptions to our walk ! We continued to the field and Jethro lapped up some affection, sitting on my lap, pretending he was a little dog !!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Beautiful face has our Jethro...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Indeed a beautiful boy through and through :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Jethro captured by photographer Daniel as few weeks ago
Jethro51.jpg

chinquest

Post by chinquest » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:16 pm

I officially met Jethro today, such a calm polite boy in his kennel, if he could he'd have put his harness on himself! Then into our paddock for a release of energy, Jethro isn't into fetch yet so, tired of running back and forth (me not him) I tried throwing out treats for him, he got the idea though wasn't brilliant at finding them :biggrin.gif: Then we were off for walkies , Jethro is quite strong on the lead. His collar broke during our walk so we headed for the RR room to find a replacement and Jethro was once again the very calm polite boy. He gave me the impression he'd be very easy to train, really lovely friendly boy full of energy outside and very calm and polite indoors.
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”