Maria Mastiff x DOB 2009 - 12.07.19

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Maria Mastiff x DOB 2009 - 12.07.19

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Originally posted Wed Nov 20, 2013 by xxlynne
Maria79.JPG
Hello Lynne, I rescued Maria the Mastiff x from you just over 3 years ago and I just wanted to let you know that sadly she passed away yesterday: As I know you looked after her for for a long time after rescuing her, me and my sister are devastated but she enjoyed a loving home and attention and affection til the end. Just wanted to let you know She grew to be the best dog once she was settled and had many many great charateristics. She will be truly missed.Lee x
Maria1.jpg
Maria's Thread below
Current Status: Homed

Maria needs a family around her supporting her as she gains confidence with dogs out and about: An extender to give her scope to smell & explore. Maria meets most dogs well with supportive encouragement needs stewardship to avoid gushing off lead encounters. Maria has a sensitive digestive system which is reactive to stress but does settle. Maria would enjoy being an only pet. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Maria meets Roxy

Known background: Maria was abandoned in boarding kennels by her owner. We took Maria on 4 months later, homed her for 3 month period but returned as her owner was meant to be on temp. crutches but became long term disability & could not manage her outside. Maria is spayed, chipped and fully vax'd. Maria is currently in boarding kennels in Chessington with overnight and weekend stays see her thread as an only dog.

About Maria: Ava Maria! Amazing girl who is calm & settled in herself and a perfect companion. Excellent people skills. Maria loves routine, with regular walks, she shines. She settles when left and travels well in the car, ideally on the front seat harnessed. Maria loves to cuddle up and enjoys lounging on the sofa or playing with her toys - she self-entertains which is a joy to observe.

Maria is a 6 year old Mastiff x with a rich brown brindle coat with white chest and toes. Maria is best suited to a good quality diet. Maria has been in kennels too long. Maria needs support outside with dog encounters most find her easy to manage. She loves being in a home environment. Maria is calm within the familiar. A large dog experienced family who can support her around dog encounters Miss Perfect!

Visit Maria's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for £175 donation at the time of adoption, as we can't support so many dogs without funds. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Maria06.JPG
Maria45.jpg
Maria58.jpg
Maria88.jpg
Maria's Thread below: Watch steady progress within our loving care.
Original Referral Details: Maria was abandoned in kennels in May, We were approached to see if we could take her in, in July 13.

We arranged for Maria to be spayed today. She bled a lot under Gen An. and so went home with Scott her best friend at the kennels to support her recovery. Maria is our in our care and we are arranging weekend foster to help her further.
mod1

Re: Maria Crossbreed DOB 2009 Chessington Kenns

Post by mod1 »

Posted by: SarahK Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:22 pm

Scott and Kelly brought Maria over to me tonight for a weekend of further recovery. Huge thanks to Scott for being her best friend at the kennels and particularly looking after her in her hour of need last night and taking care of her today. Maria loves him to bits and the feeling was clearly mutual, see the pics...
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Maria is doing well, at the moment she's laying on the sofa next to me with her lovely soft head on my lap :biggrin.gif:
She's a very special girl, that I can tell already, very special :smiley-love029.gif:

She has a very soft and cuddly nature, very friendly and loves attention. Her coat has a wonderful shine, she's one gorgeous gal
It's going to be a lovely weekend, I hope she'll feel stronger by the day and lucky me is going to get lots of cuddles
mod1

Post by mod1 »

Posted by: SarahK Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:51 am

Scott warned me, Maria does great cuddles
4.jpg
These were last night as we got to know each other, Maria still with her bandage and wound dressing on...
5.jpg
6.jpg
I was very quickly smitten with her gentle ways and love of all things snuggly and cuddly
7.jpg
You can see how shiny her coat is and she has fabulous colourings...
8.jpg
And I can say Maria is the best ever hot water bottle I've had the pleasure to foster, did she snuggle up close in bed, head on my shoulder or on the pillow, she was also very good in never attempting to get to her wound, left it alone completely, good girl Maria :biggrin.gif:

This morning we travelled to the vets, great in the car, sat still and watched the world go by enjoying my reassuring strokes .
How pleased were we when Mark, our vet, was so very pleased with her progress
Off came the bandage and dressing and starting to heal well, no further dressing required, but as I was heading off to the kennels to walk the other dogs I had to do her the injustice of popping home for a tshirt to pop her in just to ensure she didn't try and get to her wound, very smart she looked too ;)
She's got her energy back and enjoyed a run around the garden despite me reminding her she was supposed to be taking it easy ! So I decided the car was a good place for her to rest as I walked the other dogs, she was an angel, good as gold, cuddled up on the big cushion and furry blanket I'd put in the car for her, popping her head up every so often to check on me as I walked by ! Lots of loo breaks and fresh air and a chance to charm everyone else !

Back home this evening she's again been a dream. I can confirm 100% housetrained! And more cuddles for me, little miss perfect Maria
9.jpg
10.jpg
This is one special little (well not so little!! ) lady who will bring hours and hours of joy to some lucky family, right now she is snuggled next to me, head on my arm, snortling and breathing deeply in happy happy sleep, sweet dreams marvellous Maria

Love you lots xxx
mod1

Post by mod1 »

Posted by: SarahK Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Maria is so soooo sweet
11.jpg
Was happy today to rest again in the car as I popped to the kennels and to the shops. She does love her zzz's, didn't want to get up this morning, she was too comfy lying on the bed with her head on the pillow ! When not on the pillow, she would rest her head on my shoulder, how could I get up and disturb her ;) so, a lie in for us both ... again, like having Maria as my excuse !!!
12.jpg
13.jpg
Like I said, we popped to the kennels for the photoshoot so watch this space for the beautiful pictures of this gentle gorgeous girl

Back home, a fun run around the garden, then back inside, Maria does like to follow me around and as I don't want to disturb her it means I don't get an awful lot done at home !!! Oh well, there's a lot worse than Maria cuddles !!!...

Leaning in, she really thinks she is a much smaller dog than she is !!!
14.jpg
But a very good hot water bottle !!! :smiley-gen132.gif:
mod1

Post by mod1 »

Posted by: SarahK Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:12 pm

And more...
15.jpg
16.jpg
I stopped ear stroking and look, I got a gentle paw on my leg to remind me that wasn't allowed and I should start again
17.jpg
mod1

Post by mod1 »

Posted by: SarahK Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:01 pm

An excellent 'sit' before dinner is served
18.jpg
mod1

Post by mod1 »

Posted by: KimTwickers Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:50 pm

So so pleased Maria is doing well, I've had the pleasure of meeting Maria during her stay at kennels whilst walking other RR Dogs. I can't see her on the home page yet but I am sure she will find a great home soon. Scott loves her to bits and does a great job caring for her and walking her as often as he can. So pleased she's getting some home comforts after her op ... how on earth could anyone abandon her!?
mod1

Post by mod1 »

Posted by: SarahK Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:44 am

Maria is doing very well, I could see just how much Maria loves Scott too when he brought her over, he has really kept her going all these months in kennels and Maria will never forget that :)

Maria is certainly loving catching up on her sleep, I'm trying to persuade her it really is time to get up now but she's just pops her head under the covers so that she can pretend its still nightime !

I'm wondering whether it still is my bed, I think Maria has claimed it !!!
19.jpg

Sorry about her 'nightie', that's the tshirt she wears when I can't watch her all the time to ensure she doesn't get to her stitches !! I wasn't going to do her the injustice of photographing her in it but this morning her snoozing antics have made me laugh so much that I had to share !

This girl thrives on home comforts, so hoping for a home of her own soon.
mod1

Post by mod1 »

Photoshoot Posted on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:27 am

Maria1.jpg

Maria2.jpg

Maria3.jpg

Maria4.jpg

Maria5.jpg

Maria6.jpg
mod1

Post by mod1 »

Posted by: SarahK Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:17 am

Maria and I have had a lovely lazy day

She's been good as gold and her wound continues to heal well, we've taken it all very easy so as not to over exert her but she's enjoyed a nice (short) walk today and we've had a few short playtimes with tennis balls in the garden much to her delight
And in between loads of cuddles, snoozes and facewashes !!!

Here some tennis ball playtime inside from last night ...
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
And after all that play, what's required...
32.jpg
Snoozles ofcourse !

I have to say she played very gently with the tennis ball, most of the yellow fluff is still intact !

I have a bit of a cold today and every time I cough or sneeze it makes Maria jump and she does a very good 'concerned' look bless her (or maybe it's concern that I've interrupted her beauty sleep more like !!!)

I have to get back to work tomorrow so sadly can't look after Maria due to long hours, it would be wonderful if a foster place came forward for her, she really does thrive in a home and gives back love 100 fold, and a very easy dog too, she's been no trouble at all, an absolute pleasure helping her back on the road to full health

Video : Maria playing with her tennis ball inside

Enjoy the video, sorry about the end, Maria jumped onto my lap and gave me a face wash which wasn't conducive to videoing !!!

Video : Maria playing tennis ball outside !!
Showing off more of her gentleness, a truely delightful guest who will be very welcome whenever I am home :love4:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”