Glynis Shar Pei DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Re: Glynis Shar Pei DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Postby heleny » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:51 pm

21317764_10155216097418052_8888760817911354790_n.jpg
Glynis - calm, beautiful girl

I walked Glynis today after quite a few hours' walking. I had walked the terriers and had been amused, entertained, almost enthralled by their antics and their attitudes and so I definitely needed a calm half hour spent with this lovely lady. Her presence is almost therapeutic - she is so lovely and walks along calmly and with such dignity. It was a real delight and pleasure to spend this half hour with her in the woods.
heleny

Postby KateM17 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:15 pm

Glynis, I adore her. She spotted me as soon as I signed in this morning and barked. Bless her heart, I had decided she was to be my last walk of the morning as I wanted to spend a bit more time with her as I am not able to have her stay over for the next couple of weeks. She was pleased to see me and was quick out of her 'little black shed' (as I call it) and ready to get on her way. She still has an appetite for sausages and very much likes the Lily's Kitchen snack bars! I think I may have to buy some of those for her next visit! I've finally found the Poets Hut and was pleased that my first visit there was with Glynis. She doesn't normally jump up on chairs, but today she showed her agile side and jumped up on the chair and sat albeit very briefly for a quick photo. We didn't stay long as she wanted to get on her walk. She is so easy on the lead and once over her initial 'got to get there' pace, she just trots along nicely taking in all the smells around her. It was hard putting her back in her kennel today and we did go back to see her with more treats (she was in her bed chilling). Luckily for me, Lynne bought her into the paddock to attend the picnic and she met and greeted the walkers/visitors very well (she knows everyone!). She loved the cocktail sausages! She does love attention and it was great to see her curly tail wagging. She is just gorgeous! X
Glynis in the Poets Hut.jpg
Glynis in The Poets Hut
KateM17

Postby KateM17 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:12 pm

Gorgeous Glynis! She was supposed to be my last walk of the day, but ended up being my first and last walk! Yes lucky Glynis had two walks today, how could I not? It's hard signing in and looking over at Glynis, hearing her bark at you and not go and harness her up for a walk. She is lovely on the lead, walks so well, quick at the start but once settled into a nice pace, she will walk and walk and walk, so calm. She passed a couple of other on lead dogs really well, I was so proud of her. A little bark at one, but then she was on her way again. She has her nose into everything, doesn't really like puddles (walks around them) but is happy for me to have to walk through them! She enjoyed her strokes and bum scratch and she is looking so well. Her second walk was a little slower but still a good pace. She knows my car and she took me to it twice. Bless her heart. She joins in with the 'barking banter' and has quite a daunting bark, but maybe she has the hots for 'Hooch' who she can see from her 'little black shed' (as I call it with love!). Glynis needs a quiet life with a little walking routine. I so hope she finds it soon. X
KateM17

Postby heleny » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:13 pm

I feel honoured and privileged that Glynis now greets me as a friend and is always so pleased to see me. She is a gentle, calm, lovely lady who enjoys stepping out on a reasonably fast walk. She is so easy to walk as she never pulls and hardly reacts to other dogs we pass. She is totally lovely but she deserves her own home comforts and the love and companionship of her own special family - I hope that comes along soon.
heleny

Re: Glynis Shar Pei DofB ?2010 Broxbourne Kenns

Postby bizlate » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:37 am

Little Glynis has to be one of the quietest and easiest dogs I've ever walked. I actually got the shock of my life when she broke her silence to deliver an impressive grumbling growl to a placid passing dog (and, later, a cat!). Looks like Glynis has decided that after all she's been through she would now like to keep the humans just for herself, thank you very much! And who can blame her?

IMG_20171009_122446.jpg

I asked kennel manager Adam what Glynis reminded me of as I couldn't put my finger on it... he said a muntjac!! He's not wrong. She is so like a funny little deer with her dainty steps and fawn fur.

IMG_20171009_123536.jpg

You can see how slack her lead is in this video - easy peasy to walk!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

She was sooooo gentle taking treats too...

IMG_20171009_123508.jpg

IMG_20171009_122521.jpg

This is a girl that deserves a chance at happiness after a terrible start. Please fill in a homing questionnaire if you can offer her the life she deserves :crossfingers.gif:

IMG_20171009_122457.jpg

IMG_20171009_122512.jpg
bizlate

Postby heleny » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Thank you for all the lovely photos and write ups on this lovely lady. I so, so wish that she could get her forever home before Christmas so that she could start to enjoy warm, cosy, lovely times - no dog deserves it more. Thank you for walking her and for loving her. :crossfingers.gif: :goodluck.gif:
heleny

Postby Kathys » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:39 am

Glynis2.jpg
Glynis1.jpg

The lovely Glynis during our walk last weekend. She is easy to walk and loves a good sniff in the hedgerows.
She wasn't keen on the treats I had with me - I've bought some cocktail sausages for my next visit!
Kathys

Postby KateM17 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:13 pm

Lovely Glynis x Thank you so much for looking after her. So agree with Heleny, it would be great to see her in her own home, she so deserves it! Please give her a sausage from me xx Kate
KateM17

Postby Sarahk » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:29 pm

Glynis hitched a lift back to Gatwick with me this evening thumbs.gif

She’s looking forward to welcoming old friends :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby Kathys » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:02 pm

Glynis.jpg

Glynis and I had a lovely walk yesterday (and she had plenty of sausages!) before she headed back to Gatwick. I'll miss her at Broxbourne - she is so gentle and easy to walk.
Kathys

Postby Chapmania » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:15 pm

:welcome.gif: back Glynis love4.gif xx
Chapmania

Postby heleny » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:17 pm

Welcome back Glynis. We had a lovely walk today - she was her usual calm, lovely self but got very excited at the sight of a couple of squirrels chasing each other in the trees above her at one point. She is being very patient - let's hope her patience is rewarded and she gets her forever home soon - before Christmas would be great. :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi:
heleny

PreviousNext

Return to 1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS