Digby Boxer x DofB 02.2015 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Re: Digby Boxer x DofB 02.2015 Gatwick Kenns

Postby CoraMc » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:30 pm

Digby really is as handsome as his photos suggest! He is a very energetic boy and looks for ways to please you. At first, this might be overly bouncy but with the right guidance, he'll learn what you are looking for and do all he can to do this for you. I have loved his company for a few walks; you are greeted like royalty in his kennel with many bounces, however he's easier to harness that you might expect as he just loves being in your company. While other dogs are distracted exiting the kennel block, Digby has one thing on his mind - being out on a walk with you, his new best friend! He moves with ease that belies his size and strength, checking you're close with him amongst the noise going on!

Once out, I've found Digby's best attention is focussed on his walk so he's not distracted. When doing so, he walks very happily along with you and sets a good pace but does overly pull. He likes to take in his surroundings and checks with you regularly. I found him to be fairly treat oriented and this means he is even more keen to please, wanting to make you smile or offer a tasty something for him to snack on.

Digby is looking for a forever home to stand by him and continue to invest in him. In return, he'll bring bundles of life, character and joy and love you with every fibre of his adorable being!! Heart fill with love.gif]
CoraMc

Postby Debbie(tarakisha) » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Had a nice walk with the very handsome Digby today love4.gif we started our walk off well in the woods but came across Corrina with Manny, who got a bit excitable on seeing Digby looming forward, Digby himself got rather excited too. Digby needed calming down after this and once again we enjoyed a nice walk thumbs.gif Lovely boy love4.gif
Debbie(tarakisha)

Postby Chris86 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:38 pm

I always love saying hello to Digby as I pass his kennel as he usually props himself up and greets you with a bone or toy in his mouth, it's very entertaining just to watch him thumbs.gif

I walked Digby for the first time today accompanied by Sarah. Such a lovely boy, very good in his kennel being harnessed and equally as good down the kennel block. Very strong boy at first with all the excitement of going walkies but it didn't take too long to settle down, while you can feel him exploring the full length of the lead it's no too taxing on the arms :D He had a great time with his nose to the ground taking in as many smells as possible, very invested in his walk and exploring. Throughout his walk he was a model of calmness though you can see that cheeky thought going through his mind when he turns back to check in, "Is it time to bounce and play yet!?" We crossed paths with a dog walker with quite a few off lead dogs which picked Digby's bouncy energy up - the great thing with Digby is his responsiveness to voice and specifically at being asked to sit even in the middle of a high energy/lead-grabby moment. While he was excited at seeing the dogs and where they'd disappeared to it was so easy to wind back his energy and bring his focus back which meant we could continue our walk in a calmer manner. Even when his energy picked up again a little later he could be brought back down and distracted out of the moment.

Digby is a lovely big teddy bear of a dog who with some guidance seems to flourish love4.gif
Chris86

Postby Debbie(tarakisha) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:54 pm

:nicethread.gif: Chris..... missed seeing him and you all today but sounds like Digby charmed you love4.gif
Debbie(tarakisha)

Postby Sarahk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Digby getting encouragement from Chris to be brave and go over the stile !!!
IMG_7372.JPG
Digby was brave and hopped over !

Enjoying his walkies ...
IMG_7373.JPG
IMG_7374.JPG

Digby's 'sit' is superb and it helps ground him if he's getting excitable :D
IMG_7375.JPG

"Ofcourse I shake hands, it good manners you know !!!"
IMG_7376.JPG
especially where treats are involved winkwink.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Previous

Return to 1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS