Digby Boxer x DofB 02.2015 Guildford Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Re: Digby Boxer x DofB 02.2015 Gatwick Kenns

Postby CoraMc » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:30 pm

Digby really is as handsome as his photos suggest! He is a very energetic boy and looks for ways to please you. At first, this might be overly bouncy but with the right guidance, he'll learn what you are looking for and do all he can to do this for you. I have loved his company for a few walks; you are greeted like royalty in his kennel with many bounces, however he's easier to harness that you might expect as he just loves being in your company. While other dogs are distracted exiting the kennel block, Digby has one thing on his mind - being out on a walk with you, his new best friend! He moves with ease that belies his size and strength, checking you're close with him amongst the noise going on!

Once out, I've found Digby's best attention is focussed on his walk so he's not distracted. When doing so, he walks very happily along with you and sets a good pace but does overly pull. He likes to take in his surroundings and checks with you regularly. I found him to be fairly treat oriented and this means he is even more keen to please, wanting to make you smile or offer a tasty something for him to snack on.

Digby is looking for a forever home to stand by him and continue to invest in him. In return, he'll bring bundles of life, character and joy and love you with every fibre of his adorable being!! Heart fill with love.gif]
CoraMc

Postby Debbie(tarakisha) » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:37 pm

Had a nice walk with the very handsome Digby today love4.gif we started our walk off well in the woods but came across Corrina with Manny, who got a bit excitable on seeing Digby looming forward, Digby himself got rather excited too. Digby needed calming down after this and once again we enjoyed a nice walk thumbs.gif Lovely boy love4.gif
Debbie(tarakisha)

Postby Chris86 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:38 pm

I always love saying hello to Digby as I pass his kennel as he usually props himself up and greets you with a bone or toy in his mouth, it's very entertaining just to watch him thumbs.gif

I walked Digby for the first time today accompanied by Sarah. Such a lovely boy, very good in his kennel being harnessed and equally as good down the kennel block. Very strong boy at first with all the excitement of going walkies but it didn't take too long to settle down, while you can feel him exploring the full length of the lead it's no too taxing on the arms :D He had a great time with his nose to the ground taking in as many smells as possible, very invested in his walk and exploring. Throughout his walk he was a model of calmness though you can see that cheeky thought going through his mind when he turns back to check in, "Is it time to bounce and play yet!?" We crossed paths with a dog walker with quite a few off lead dogs which picked Digby's bouncy energy up - the great thing with Digby is his responsiveness to voice and specifically at being asked to sit even in the middle of a high energy/lead-grabby moment. While he was excited at seeing the dogs and where they'd disappeared to it was so easy to wind back his energy and bring his focus back which meant we could continue our walk in a calmer manner. Even when his energy picked up again a little later he could be brought back down and distracted out of the moment.

Digby is a lovely big teddy bear of a dog who with some guidance seems to flourish love4.gif
Chris86

Postby Debbie(tarakisha) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:54 pm

:nicethread.gif: Chris..... missed seeing him and you all today but sounds like Digby charmed you love4.gif
Debbie(tarakisha)

Postby Sarahk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:50 pm

Digby getting encouragement from Chris to be brave and go over the stile !!!
IMG_7372.JPG
Digby was brave and hopped over !

Enjoying his walkies ...
IMG_7373.JPG
IMG_7374.JPG

Digby's 'sit' is superb and it helps ground him if he's getting excitable :D
IMG_7375.JPG

"Ofcourse I shake hands, it good manners you know !!!"
IMG_7376.JPG
especially where treats are involved winkwink.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby Chris86 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:39 pm

I took Mr. Digby out with Debbie this afternoon and he was on his very best behaviour! He was calm throughout his whole walk happily trotting along and checking back in with that big cheeky puppy face. A couple of moments where you could see Digby's excitement building but he's so responsive to voice and especially to being asked to sit that it never amounted to anything. He's just a big softy who needs a bit of guidance to help release his energy in the "right" way, without redirecting onto leads or becoming overly bouncy. He's such a playful boy and doesn't seem to have any bad intentions in him, he just doesn't release how big a boy he actually is! thumbs.gif
Chris86

Postby Chris86 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:29 pm

I think Digby decided he went a bit easy on Debbie and me on Friday, we did have a few lead grabby moments but it's actually all quite predictable. I haven't known him for too long but it's easy to see the situations that trigger his playful moments, it's also easy to see when his mind is ticking over and when those moments he lead grabs will occur. That being said, Digby is such a sweet natured boy who just has so much excitement he wants to let out. He loves to see people and his tail wags at the speed of light as he wants to greet them. If only he knew how big a boy he was!
Chris86

Postby Debbie(tarakisha) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:47 pm

Digby is such a lovable hunk and, as Chris and I know, he means nothing but excitement in his "moments". Given his unsettled past, it's no surprise as he is adjusting to life outside the environment he has been used too. Digby really wants to please, that is so apparent. Bless his heart love4.gif
Debbie(tarakisha)

Postby Sarahk » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Digby out with Chris again last Friday :D
IMG_7601.JPG
IMG_7602.JPG
IMG_7603.JPG
:D
Sarahk

Postby Deborah » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:43 pm

Digby introduced me to Gatwick today. Sarah said you like big dogs, we'll walk Digby together as he needs two walkers. Sarah said he is part boxer, part horse and I see that! He's huge! Apparently he's not been on a walk in a few days and he had a couple of naughty moments, bouncing up on Sarah, playing tug with his leads. I don't think I was very helpful - sorry! Later he showed me the beautiful sit he's been working on. We brought a teddy out on our walk, he does seem to like his toys. I've just read through his forum and it sounds like naomi has done a wonderful job with him, giving him a chance at life, and there has no sign of him mouthing. He's come a long way, I can imagine a dog his size mouthing would be pretty scary. And he seems very at home in Gatwick, after his walk he was pretty chilled, lying down in his kennel. He's in good hands. He's certainly got the wow factor. On the positive side, when he was walking, not playing he didn't pull, pulled far less than my other two walks. I'll be following dibys progress.
Rescue animals are not damaged they have just experienced more in life. If they were human we would call them wise.
Deborah

Postby Sarahk » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:30 pm

I enjoyed Digbys company last Friday and today thumbs.gif
IMG_7701.JPG
IMG_7717.JPG
Sarahk

Postby Pegmilly » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:07 am

IMG_2452.JPG
IMG_2453.JPG
IMG_2454.JPG
IMG_2455.JPG
IMG_2456.JPG
IMG_2457.JPG
My date with Digby got off to a funny start yesterday. Debbie, who I was walking Digby with, turned up wearing exactly the same clothes as me!!! Digby didn't mind our fashion faux pas and greeted us both with a lovely happy dance and bottom wiggles. He was easily harnessed and off we went. Debbie held the leads - and although Digby did pull, once we got to the open field, he settled in to a nice pace. We had a couple of moments of silliness, lead grabbing, but there is not an ounce of malice behind it and was easily distracted with a soft toy. He listened very well to leave it and sat instantly for a treat. The only reason he sometimes needs two walkers is if those walkers are softies (weaklings 0002.gif]), like me and Debbie. He's a strong boy - not a naughty, unmanageable one. He's puppyish in his ways but doesn't realise his size. Digby loved his cuddles and kisses from us and being told what a good boy he was - and he was a very, very good boy on our walk.......but off lead in the paddock he excelled himself - almost brought tears to mine and Debbie's eyes (I told you we are softies). We were expecting some silliness, over excitability and had braced ourselves. How WRONG were we?!!!!! He was calm, responsive, playful but not for a second was he ott. Even when Keith came in to the paddock, digby just went over to say hello nicely. Watching Digby run around then just lay down next to us was the highlight of my day. I think it done Digby the world of good as well - when I passed his kennel a little while later, he was curled up, fast asleep in his bed. Xx
Pegmilly

PreviousNext

Return to 1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS