Felicity Lurcher DofB ?2015 Kingston upon Thames Foster

Our remarkable Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing! Find Lurchers, Collies, Spaniels, American Bulldogs, Mastiffs, GSDs, Rotties, Shar Peis, Boxers, Akitas, Huskies, Malamutes and other breeds and crossbreeds here!
aloepeter

Re: Felicity Lurcher (New Mum) DofB ?2015 Kingston upon Thames Foster

Post by aloepeter » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Now that the puppies are weaned it's possible for Felicity to leave them long enough for a short walk. She seems unsure about traffic, pushchairs and some people but she's sure what she wants to do with squirrels! Today we went down to the river. It was really hard to get a complete picture because Felicity likes to stay very close (bless her!) but that fabulous nose is worth a closeup … love4.gif
cg01.JPG
cg03.JPG
cg04.JPG
cg02.JPG

Weebs

Post by Weebs » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:06 pm

:heidy.gif: :heidy.gif: :heidy.gif: :heidy.gif: :D icon_rendeer.gif icon_rendeer.gif

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Huge :thanks.gif: Peter and Pat for all that you are doing. I am so very sorry to hear about the lost pups. Felicity looks so well now. It is nice for her to have a break from mummy duties and have a walk. What a truly beautiful, gentle girl love4.gif xx

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:38 pm

So the update is we have 8 stable thriving pups. 4 Large Pack 1 and 4 small Pack 2. Mum is spending her time away from the pups and doing well. Peter has booked her in for spay on Friday, December 28th and her first vaccination. Felicity will then be ready for her life and new family

theflowerarranger

Post by theflowerarranger » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:40 pm

:thanks.gif: peter! Merry Xmas felicity!! I’m always watching for your progress. Thanks Lynn’s for updates xx

aloepeter

Re: Felicity Lurcher DofB ?2015 Kingston upon Thames Foster

Post by aloepeter » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:33 am

Felicity has now recovered from her spay. It has taken rather a while (hence, all the old bed linen in the pictures) and she has also had to overcome her trust issues. Leaving her at the vet's - even for just a few hours - was, evidently, an act of betrayal. Well, we're back on track and she likes me. Just as well, really, because she's sleeping on my bed every night (or am I sleeping on hers?). Felicity also makes it clear that she tolerates Pat and casually intimidates the boys … even Alfredo. It's possible for us all to share the sitting room but not for long and only under strict supervision. The occasional look she gives Harpo (and puppies) is not to be encouraged … so Felicity is still in my bedroom.

Life with Felicity is never dull. She is very affectionate – in a sighthound sort of way – an eager thief, glamorous and a little bit zany. Think a mix of silent movie star and Rod Hull's Emu. Out in the wider world she is both timid (lack of experience?) and “keen” (plenty of experience?). I adore her but there's no way she can stay here indefinitely. As an only pet – no, as a princess - Felicity will be superb!

flz04.JPG
Every inch a lady …

Flz01.JPG
… well, perhaps every other inch!

flz02.JPG
"And …?"

flz03.JPG
"… darling, of course it's mine!"

flz06.JPG
Sure, it took two goes but … the second time Felicity didn't even wait for me to get out of bed before she started!!!

fklz05.JPG
Star turn

theflowerarranger

Post by theflowerarranger » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:33 pm

:thanks.gif: for lovely updates and all the hard work with her, she looks so well. I check daily for felicity updates as I love lurcher breeds

gsdlover

Post by gsdlover » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:27 pm

Peter and Pat, thank you both so much for everything you have done (and continue to do) for Felicity and her pups :thanks.gif:

I'm guessing It is no easy job caring for a litter of pups and their Mum....you have both been amazing and RR are very lucky to have you as such amazing fosterers.

I hope that Felicity finds her home as quickly as her babies love4.gif

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES OTHER BREEDS”