Buddy Greyhound DofB 21.04.16 Guildford Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
YasminAA

Re: Buddy Greyhound DofB 21.04.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by YasminAA » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:33 pm

In a day of firsts, walking Buddy was top of the agenda! He was very enthusiastic upon me entering his kennel, all paws on my shoulders and wanting to be a made a fuss of. After some greetings, I harnessed him and off we went; once out, he was eager to lead the way but without any excessive pulling. He would look back to see where I was very occasionally. He was absolutely unphased when we went past a field with a horse in it. He was busy sniffing out the world around him. We did not pass any other dogs. We took a nice long walk and he was confident, but certainly not over-excitable. We passed a couple of runners, and despite me pulling over to ensure Buddy and they had some space between them, he did try and greet them by trying to jump up. However, I simply kept him on a slightly shorter lead and he was fine with this; we set off again without any problems. Buddy was calm when we went back into his kennels. He likes his treats!

A video of him walking nicely on our walk today.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

YasminAA

Post by YasminAA » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Second walk with Buddy today! He was not as enthusiastic with greeting me this time, but still put his paws on my shoulders. He was excellent on exiting kennels and did not bat an eyelid at the other dogs. Once out, he walked nicely next to me. He did not react to any other people or dogs, although loves approaching people to try and say hello. He is so funny because at times he looks like he is giving a toothy smile! Buddy showed me today that he loves water when he took me for a walk by the river. He jumped in and bounded around in the water, making sure I got nice and wet. He then sat and looked at me for a treat.

I noticed today that Buddy is nervous around trains as he cowered anytime he heard one.

No videos today but will make sure to get some more this week!

Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:45 am

This boy is Amazing I collected Buddy from Gatwick, After a quick cuddle intro he happily jumped in my crate for the drive back to Guildford.
I kept checking the mirror as I didnt hear a sound from him, He laid down and didn't move the entire journey.
On arrival at kennels Buddy jumped out and enthusiastically met any walker that was passing by .He gives Big cuddles, wraps his legs around you and throws a face lick in if your slightly distracted !! .He's so loving and affectionate, walks very easily on the lead, happily past cyclists and joggers .
He would love to play with other dogs if he could as he jumps excitedly and play bows as some walk by . When he's walking past dogs he's very well behaved. Lovely boy hopefully won't be with us for much longer.

dymphnae

Post by dymphnae » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:47 pm

My first walk with Buddy today, what a joyful boy. Very good with other dogs we met along the way. He loves cuddles and meeting new humans, he's gentle and well behaved. Let's hope he soon finds a family and sofa to call his own.

FranB

Post by FranB » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:39 am

I spent some time with Buddyin the paddock yesterday. As others have said, he is so loving when you go into his kennel and clings onto you. He was lovely to harness and very calm on the lead. He has the most beautiful soft coat, like velvet. He was happy to amble about and then when I sat down he tried to climb onto my knee. Such a gorgeous boy. love4.gif

dymphnae

Post by dymphnae » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:37 pm

Conny and I took Buddy and his kennel 'twin' Carter out for a lovely riverside walk today. Buddy is keen to say hi to new people but will happily settle to one side when asked. He is much loved by people who want to meet him and have a big hug with him. He's interested and playful with other dogs, and was great company for his mate Carter. Would be a lovely fun family dog.

nada.c

Post by nada.c » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:48 pm

Buddy was a star at today’s Doggy Olympics in Teddington - with volunteer Charlotte, Buddy won 2nd prize in musical hoops. Well done Buddy!

Buddy was also a hit with every dog and human he met angel13.gif]

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
We love walking our kennel dogs! If you'd like to volunteer too:
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/

nada.c

Post by nada.c » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:52 pm

14C06B9E-4502-4561-B7F9-B0E31EEF1EB4.jpeg
Buddy showing off his rosette
We love walking our kennel dogs! If you'd like to volunteer too:
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”