Chelsey Shep. Lurcher DofB 05.07.16 Guildford Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
Nurse Flo

Re: Chelsey Shep. Lurcher DofB 05.07.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by Nurse Flo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:26 pm

Who wins the prize for the bestest ears in the whole wide world? Chelsey of course!
D1FD65E7-4A76-4E3E-969E-BF7EDBBC941A.jpeg

nada.c

Post by nada.c » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:41 pm

Chelsey is a dog who takes time getting to know her humans, but once you’ve earned her trust she is very playful and affectionate and wants nothing more than to please you. When we’re out walking, she’s willing to take my direction or allow me to adjust her canny collar or leads without any fuss.

After a longer walk today in the fresher temperature, we had a playful little run around the back field. She loves nothing more than having playtime!

Chelsey needs a confident owner to help her feel secure. And with that the reward would be her undying trust and love in return angel13.gif]
We love walking our kennel dogs! If you'd like to volunteer too:
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/

Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:57 pm

628839F0-E095-4941-AB8D-13F6501129F6.jpeg
Miss Pointy Ears 2018 is still waiting for you to find her!

GailW

Post by GailW » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:14 pm

chelseyaug1.jpg
I know you're not meant to have favourites.....BUT Chelsey is my walking companion most weekends & we've built a great bond. When I first ever met her she gave me a few barks but as soon as she had a sniff and let me lead her out of the kennels she was completely trusting of me, and that trust has continued to grow over the past few months. She can't half pull when she puts her mind to it, and yes, she's a strong girl but that's largely because she doesn't get the exercise she really needs due to being in kennels. On our walks (& runs in the cooler weather) all that nervous energy soon dissipates and she really engages with you. It's been one of the most rewarding experiences I've had; to see an initially nervous girl offer so much love and affection once she knows she's safe and loved back. Chelsey does need an experienced owner but whoever has the fortune to be matched with her will get so much back...& more! And who can resist that beautiful face, and those ears?! Love her! :-)
chelseyaug2.jpg
chelseyaug3.jpg
chelseyaug4.jpg
chelseyaug5.jpg

nada.c

Post by nada.c » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:26 pm

It is really hard not to fall for pretty girl Chelsey! She can be unsure of strangers, but once she gets to know you, she wants nothing more than to share her toys (usually a blanket or tug toy with me) and give cuddles.

On Monday we had some play time in the paddock, where she brought and dropped her ball for me to throw (good girl, Chelsey!). Followed by a walk down the river. Our walk to the river was so we could practice walking past people she doesn't know - she did well walking to heel with me and staying focused on her walk. We then sat by the lock to have some quiet time and to watch the world go by. At one point Chelsey did have a bark at a nice lady and her fluffy Malamute on the other side of the river... but on the whole Chelsey did well on our outing angel13.gif]

17622E0A-BBBA-4E76-BEBE-BA854522470B.jpeg

Play time in the paddock 0028.gif

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
We love walking our kennel dogs! If you'd like to volunteer too:
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”