GUILDFORD SATURDAY 8th December Rescue Remedies XMAS CHARITY WALK!

We’re always looking for ways to raise money and spread awareness, and welcome your ideas
MrsP

SATURDAY 8th December XMAS CHARITY WALK!

Post by MrsP » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:58 pm

What - Christmas Charity Walk and Rescue Reunion

Where - Shalford Village Hall, Kings Road, Shalford, GU4 8JE

When - Saturday 8th December 10am registering, 11am walk begins

Who - YOU! (and your furry friend)

Plan - Like every other year it will be an ONLEAD walk and will be a £10 donation per dog then a donation of choice for each additional dog. We're doing the shorter route (along the river, round the island and back) just in case it's super chilly. It'll be drinks and snacks in the hall afterwards for catch-ups and cuddles.

Dress code? - Festive finary all the way!

Hopefully I'll have a lovely poster designed by a clever volunteer for us to share far and wide woo.gif]

Jojo18

Re: SAVE THE DATE! SATURDAY 8th December XMAS CHARITY WALK!

Post by Jojo18 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:27 pm

Yes Please Helen, Im sure the Guildford Gang will be putting some clothing orders in .
I shall finally get round to it !!

frankie

Post by frankie » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:14 pm

Oh good I would also like to put in an order . I'll walk one of our dogs hopefully there will be one at Guildford as its a bit of around trip for me to drive from London to Gatwick then to Guildford. Please put me on the list for one .
thanks xxxx

marknsal

Post by marknsal » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:46 pm

we will be coming with Bella and can pick up a dog from Guildford if that is viewed as a good idea at all.

Luella

Post by Luella » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:56 am

We will be coming with Lucy all dressed up in her Christmas outfit. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Will bring some sausage rolls

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:52 am

My sister is making lots of quiches as she did before. They were a great hit. Will see you all Saturday! x

Moonflete

Re: GUILDFORD SATURDAY 8th December Rescue Remedies XMAS CHARITY WALK!

Post by Moonflete » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Aiming to come with Mally for some tea/cakes and to support. Won't make the walk sadly as working until 11.45 but will head over to the hall as soon as we can.
:icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
The Rescue Doghouse:
Mally & Gertie (Patterdales); Minxy, Jellybean & Lola (Mini Schnauzers); Charlie (Schnauzer/Bichon).
Rainbow bridge:
Meg, Light & Kali (Mini Schnauzers); Eddie (GSD/Collie); Tom (Patterdale).

Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:44 pm

The homing team have nabbed me for a meeting tomorrow so unfortunately I won't be able to make the charity walk.

I was hoping to bring along some fabulous micro fleece RR scarves, available at £10.00 each. I have 29 of these amazing items available (Luisa grabbed the first limited edition number) so if you would like one please email me at froggiesmiles@me.com. I will arrange to get them to the kennel of your choice or post out to you for an additional £2.00, they'll be with the first 29 people to order in time for Christmas. There are 10 each of black or red and 9 of grey.
Scarves.JPG
As a reminder I can also order the following items although they probably won't be here in time for Santa to deliver

Polo Shirt £12.00
Polo Shirt with rear embroidery £15.00
Lightweight hooded sweatshirt £17.00
Sweatshirt £19.00
Full Zip fleece £20.00
Shell Gilet £22.00

Hope you all have a fab walk and sorry to miss it xx 0028.gif

sandy

Post by sandy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:53 pm

I rehomed Georgia (ex RR) in May 2015 and we both had a fantastic time at the Charity Walk from Shalford Village Hall in December 2015. I couldn't make the next Shalford walk. I was so excited about tomorrow's walk, catching up with Lynne and all of the lovely people and dogs I met the last time and letting you all see how Georgia is now. However........as luck would have it, Georgia vomited this morning, and again early afternoon, and I am in the process of steaming the chicken breasts and boiling the rice for tonight's small meal. She is absolutely fine in herself, and it is probably just one of those things, but I would never bring her tomorrow, just in case, thinking about the safety of all the other dogs. I will be looking after Georgia and keeping an eye on her. But, oh, I am so sad we both will not be there tomorrow. Soooooooo sad!

I will make a Christmas donation on the forum in lieu of the donation I was going to make tomorrow. I will be thinking about you all tomorrow. I would have loved to have seen all of the lovely dogs waiting for homes and being walked by the fantastic volunteers and also the homed ones making their reunions.

Best wishes to all and have a FANTASTIC time.

Ros

ball1.gif ball1.gif

MrsP

Post by MrsP » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:16 pm

MASSIVE THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR HELPING/ATTENDING/DONATING TODAY!

We raised £811 on the day and I'm assured there is more to come online/via Paypal etc (so not sure if I'll ever know the final total!)

It was super lovely that so many people came out and gave their time & hard earned pennies so close to Christmas.

LOTS OF FESTIVE LOVE TO YOU ALL! (Eva has promised us some gorgeous photos in the not too distant future)

Return to “Fundraising”