A Salute to Our Volunteer Dog Walkers / Befrienders

There are many ways you can help us with our work. Browse this section & see if anything suits you - we are always appreciative of support in any form.
Sub-forums:
Rescue Remedies

A Salute to Our Volunteer Dog Walkers / Befrienders

Post by Rescue Remedies » Fri May 30, 2014 9:57 am

As with our fosterers, our volunteer dog walkers are the life blood of our Rescue. We buy kennel space which costs £7-£8 per day, per dog. This is very cheap when you consider this involves often 2x meals; let out to paddocks; bedding, care and attention. Our voluntary dog walkers offer our dogs a break from the tedium. They give them fresh air and a sense of life and love. Our voluntary dog walkers also build relationships with our dogs giving us their insights into the needs for our dogs and progress our dogs towards gaining skills and building trust.

We are so grateful... dog walks aren't mentioned on the diary, as the more incognito walkers would be left out... but please note our dog befrienders help our dogs get through their time in kennels/ rescue and out the other side!

Interested in Walking our kennel dogs? Please submit our Volunteer Dog Walker Application Form

Rescue Remedies

Re: A Salute to Our Volunteer Dog Walkers / Befrienders

Post by Rescue Remedies » Fri May 30, 2014 9:59 am

As a newbie walker I just wanted to say...I have loved every Saturday morning I have had walking RR's dogs.

I have met some truly wonderful dogs. I have learned their stories and fallen for a few along the way (Copper and Amos come to mind!)!

But also I have met some wonderful people who you just know you are going to like because they love all the dogs.

So thanks for making me feel so welcome and giving me a skip in my step every Saturday morning for the last three months! SarahW

Rescue Remedies

Post by Rescue Remedies » Fri May 30, 2014 9:59 am

SarahW:129966 wrote:As a newbie walker I just wanted to say...I have loved every Saturday morning I have had walking RR's dogs.

I have met some truly wonderful dogs. I have learned their stories and fallen for a few along the way (Copper and Amos come to mind!)!

But also I have met some wonderful people who you just know you are going to like because they love all the dogs.

So thanks for making me feel so welcome and giving me a skip in my step every Saturday morning for the last three months!
We wouldn't be without you Sarah - you are a great addition to the team :)

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:11 pm

As someone who has also been walking for a few months, I have to tell you that I have felt honoured to be a part of these wonderful dogs' lives. It is true, you do get drawn in and attached, especially as I have done a very temporary couple of fosters. I love walking up to those little faces and wagging tails and as heartbreaking as it is sometimes, it is so worth it, knowing you might be making their lives a tiny bit better. As mentioned earlier, I have also found the company of the others at the kennel wonderful, they are a great bunch and I thoroughly enjoy going to Godstone. I must visit Gatwick soon and familiarise myself with things there.
If you are thinking of joining as a walker, please come and join us, it's brilliant.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:14 am

Time of the Year when we salute our boot troopers who befriend our darlings in their kennels and show them the wealth of human emotions of a positive quality on which they can learn and trust and allow them to gain a sense of worth perhaps for the first time since they were fussed over as must have puppies.

Thank you to all our walkers who are there familiar to us all at the kennels and on our Forum singing our dogs praises...and

Especial thank you to our friends who work with our dogs at the kennels for caring way beyond your job descriptions and pay grades!

Our dogs depend on you all as do we to lighten their emotional load and prep them for happy times

xxlynne

Jojokate

Post by Jojokate » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:16 pm

I've been walking these adorable dogs now for 7 months and it's truly the highlight of my week.
My job is mundane and boring and not at all rewarding so saturdays can't come quick enough!

I adore spending time with our 4 legged friends , building trust bewteeen us, giving them the confidence to shine and giving them the freedom to enjoy time out of the kennels which can be so soul destroying.
Can't praise RR enough for the commitment lynn and the volunteers puts into it. If I could do this full time I really would. I'd be in my element !

Here's to many years of spending time with dogs in need and seeing them find their forever homes smiley-sad010.gif

Return to “How YOU Can Help!”