Bids, Grants & Fundraising

There are many ways you can help us with our work. Browse this section & see if anything suits you - we are always appreciative of support in any form.
Sub-forums:

Bids, Grants & Fundraising

Postby terrierlover65 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Why can't we try writing bids to receive grants from charitable organisations. I typed 'funding for dogs from charitable organisations' into my search engine and came up with quite a few. Have a look and see what you all think. Could it be possible. There are quite a few and it all can't be going to Battersea. Not that I begrudge them.

There may be members of RR who already have the skills to write bids and also the time in which to do it. Have a look via your search engine and maybe we can all have a chat about it? All the best, Terrierlover65 (Jackie)
terrierlover65

Re:Bids, Grants & Fundraising

Postby terrierlover65 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:30 pm

WWW. fundraising.co.uk/animal welfare is worth a look. I am not suggesting that we use them to write bids as they charge for their services however, there is a forum where other small registered charities pass on info about from where they received funding.

I also thought that crowd funding on facebook could be a possibility. We could ask for help with something specific like 1 years kennel fees for 70 dogs.....people can be very generous...........terrierlover65 Jackie
terrierlover65

Re: Bids, Grants & Fundraising

Postby heleny » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:05 pm

It's worth seeing how an organisation like Cats' Protection do this. They put out appeals on face book for specific things (as has been suggested here) eg. They had to hand rear two little kittens recently and they asked for funds towards that, also they wanted to replace their drinking bowls and they asked supporters on face book for funds for that. People are very generous and were eager to donate.
heleny

Return to How YOU Can Help!