My Living Room Smells of Dog!

cobden28

My Living Room Smells of Dog!

Post by cobden28 » Sat May 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Over the past couple of days I've been told by two separate people that my living room smells of 'dog', which does surprise me because I groom Aristotle & Cherub regularly so their coats are tangle-free and flea-free. But because they're not in a position to roll in noxious substances they only get a bath two or three times a year when they go to the groomer.

Has anyone else been told their home smells of 'dog' and if so what if anything do you do to neutralise the doggy whiffs? Even if I do add dog shampoo to my list for Pets at Home tomorrow, does anyone have any ideas as to how I can neutralise any whiffs of dog on the carpets and soft furnishings of my home?

Liv500

Re: My living room smells of 'dog'!

Post by Liv500 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:39 pm

Febreeze febreeze febreeze

Its not the dogs probably who smell - its the sofas and the carpets. I jsut febreeze everything. Its magic stuff.

cobden28

Post by cobden28 » Mon May 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Febreeze now added to my online grocery list for this week - thanks for the advice :D .

Milliemoo

Post by Milliemoo » Mon May 23, 2016 1:35 pm

I use White vinagar to clean up and neutralise urine (works wonders) and bicarbonate soda sprinkled on my rugs overnight then hoovered throughly the next morning. I've tried everything over the years but these work and are cheap!

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:35 am

roflmao.gif When you have 3 or 4 dogs in your house difficult for their coats and breath and everything else that comes with dogs not to give off a odour

Personally Im convinced I am a 'born again dog. as I have always suffered from being very hypersensitive to smells. I wash my floors with rain water or capture the waste water from my washing machine rinse. If my hubby uses chemicals in the bucket I'm immediately nauseous. The worst of worst smells to me are chemicals and artificial odours of fruit. We are all still using too many chemicals and we wonder why our children suffer from Asthma, eczema and hayfever etc. The key to a good immune system is for our bodies to be challenged and learn to fight invaders, not shield our bodies from that. My mothers generation were the peeled potatoes; white flour; aluminium foil and clingfilm bridgard, daily chemicals down the toilet sinks and drains, as they attempted to rid the world of bacteria.

House smells of dogs Millmoo? Regular cleaning of dog covers, washable rugs, windows open first thing and through the day as weather permits to keep airflow. Your house is spick and span so perhaps just a non doggie person picking up the obvious. Oh and buy yourself buy a coffee machine and bake your own bread Simples!

Return to “Equipment & Toys”