Homechecks

sweetpea

Homechecks

Post by sweetpea » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:20 am

I visited a lady last week to carry out a homecheck for her to foster.on behalf of another rescue....on paper she looked perfect and she seemed to be a nice person over the phone ...but there were lots of things that didnt add up whilst i was at her home .......it actually made me shudder to think this lady could have taken a dog in if there had been No homecheck. ..thats why i think homechecks are so important :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:

Julieh

Re: Homechecks

Post by Julieh » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Very true.I carried out one once and straight away knew it wasn't right. We had to remove our shoes they had a white carpet and the dog was only in the kitchen. They were interested in a really big staff as there's was not well yet he looked fine and they were looking for a replacement for when he went! Unbelievable.

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Julieh wrote:Very true.I carried out one once and straight away knew it wasn't right. We had to remove our shoes they had a white carpet and the dog was only in the kitchen. They were interested in a really big staff as there's was not well yet he looked fine and they were looking for a replacement for when he went! Unbelievable.
OMG that is terrible .......xx

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:12 pm

It really was. I just hope that he didn't get accepted by another rescue.
I wish follow up checks could be done too, I always say I'm willing to do them but never get taken up with the offer. I always think that once a dog has been re homed thata when you really see what it's life is going to be like and it'll be good to make sure they're ok.not always possible I know but we can hope one day .. xx

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:55 am

I do follow up checks for 3 rescues after 3 months love4.gif

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:29 pm

That's brilliant, wish they could all do that.:-)

cobden28

Post by cobden28 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:22 pm

White carpets, or plain coloured carpets in a light colour, aren't the best choice for a dog owner as they show up every single muddy paw print and little 'accident' :( .

Unfortunately I was landed with a plain beige carpet in the living room of my flat when I moved ion here and with the best will in the world and a Dyson vacuum cleaner I have to call in a professional carpet cleaner once a year to keep the carpet looking respectable. If I had the time and the money before I'd moved in here I'd have replaced the pale beige carpet in the living room with vinyl flooring and washable rugs - which are much more practical for a dog owner.

Return to “Rescue, Fundraising & Animal Welfare Chat”