Possible Secure Dog Field RH2

ChrisE

Possible Secure Dog Field RH2

Post by ChrisE » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:53 pm

I regularly look on a Facebook page titled Dog Walking Fields - securely fenced, private, off lead dog walking areas. As the title suggests this is in relation to secure fields in the UK that can be rented especially for dogs that cannot be allowed off lead in public areas. Up till now there haven't been any listed in my area (Redhill RH1). However today someone has posted on their page to say that they moved into a property in Leigh, Surrey (RH2) with 5 acres of land. They are gauging interest to see how many people would be interested in renting out a part of their land, which would be fully fenced and secure, for the use of dogs who cannot be off lead in a public area. I for one would be very interested so that we can give our dog Kiki a place where she can have a good run around safely and also with freedom. I have posted a message to this effect. So far 9 people have shown interest.

If anyone seeing this post would be interested in renting out a field in that area could you please go to the link below (if you are on Facebook) and post your interest. I would imagine if there are enough people interested that the owner of the property will go ahead with securing the field.

https://www.facebook.com/dogwalkingfiel ... fy_me_page

If you are not on Facebook please let me know if you are interested and I can indicate on their page the number of people interested. If you know of anybody who might be interested please do pass on this information.

gsdlover

Re: Possible Secure Dog Field RH2

Post by gsdlover » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:21 pm

I've posted an interest for the possibility of taking one of the kennel dogs.

ChrisE

Post by ChrisE » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:34 pm

gsdlover wrote:I've posted an interest for the possibility of taking one of the kennel dogs.
Thank you. That would certainly be a good idea for one of the kennel dogs. I so hope this becomes a reality.

petergable

Post by petergable » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:17 pm

Just looked at Facebook re the dog walking field in RH2 and the guy who owns it says he is definitely going ahead with the secure dog walking areas; looking at around 6 weeks before it is ready. They have to erect the fencing, car park, etc.

Judging by the posts on this proposed site, there has been plenty of interest. May be need to check with them how high the fencing is going to be. 0028.gif

ChrisE

Post by ChrisE » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the update....that is brilliant news. I have been getting notifications when posts are added to this thread but haven't received a notification yet on FB. I will go and have a look now.

:thanks.gif:

Tim

Post by Tim » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:29 pm

We'd definitely be interested, must have a look at FB
Thanks
Tim & Rachel
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/

ChrisE

Post by ChrisE » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi Tim/Rachael - the more the merrier. I have just looked back on FB and seen the land owner's post. They also have a website.....on looking at the site it seems that they are also into doggie day care and more. It seems that the secure dog walking field is in addition to this and they are hoping to be up and running with the field in around 6 weeks once the fencing etc has been put up.

I know Kiki would just love this and would definitely make up for her only being able to go on walks on lead.

SarahB(froggs)

Post by SarahB(froggs) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:37 pm

I have posted an interest too. I have been looking for a long time for a secure dog field in our area. Thank you for putting it on the forum!

ChrisE

Post by ChrisE » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:16 pm

Thanks Sarah. The reason I posted this was the thought that other people might be interested especially as there are many rescue dogs like our Kiki who are unable to go walking off lead. I've bookmarked their website....also if you go to the bottom of their website homepage there is an option to sign up for their newsletter to keep updated on what they are doing. They also have a Facebook page under 'Silverlee doggy day care'.

Return to “Services & Care Arrangements: Boarding, Kennels, Walking, Sitting & Exercise Fields”