Lump Advice Please

nina

Re: Advice please

Post by nina » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:02 pm

Have been following Billie, positive thoughts from me. So sorry times are tough at the moment xxxx

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:53 pm

Thank you , trying hard to keep positive. I'm going to to call Anderson Moors Tuesday to ask their advice also , so we are prepared if we need to go that way . But hopefully we won't and the tests taken tonight are all clear :crossfingers.gif:
Thank you all again, I'll keep you posted .
I hope this post is ok on this thread , I didn't know if I should have put it in the rehomed section.
Thank you all again, it really helps to talk xxx

Polpat

Post by Polpat » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:17 pm

I just wanted to say that Anderson Moore's are excellent vets. Two of my dogs have been treated there and the care is first rate. I liked their attitude which was not to leap in and undertake invasive treatment but to consider all possibilities. Good luck.

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:31 am

Thank you.
We do trust Anderson Moors, they were brilliant when they treated Billy a few months ago.
I'm praying we don't have to take him there and it's nothing to worry about .
Xx

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:02 pm

Chris and I have talked this morning and we've decided to call our vets Tuesday and ask her to book Billy in asap to have it removed . In hindsight we wish we'd have said yes last night as she wanted and he would have been in Tuesday morning.
As good as Anderson Moors are we don't think waiting to see them will be best for Billy .
The lump looks bigger and angrier than yesterday and has trebled in size in the short time he's has it, it probably looks worse today because it had the needle aspirations last night but we feel we need to just get it off.
I'll let you know as soon as Billy goes in xx

anne

Post by anne » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:11 pm

Sending positive thoughts through to Billy and family. Such a worrying time for you all. xx

Luella

Post by Luella » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:56 pm

Thinking of you & all fingers crossed. Lucy had a mast cell tumour removed 18 months ago & the prognosis was 'fair to favourable'. She is still her healthy blissfully happy self so there are some happy outcomes. All,thoughts with you

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:03 am

Thank you. I've called the vets and am waiting for a call back
Can I ask where Lucy's was? Our last two staffs had them too, one was a good outcome, the other not , but both were on the leg/ thigh area . I'm concerned more I think because of where it is and getting good margins.
I'll update as soon as I've heard from the vets xx

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:16 pm

Yahooooooooo the results are back and it's not a mast cell !!! It's a tumour, but a benign one , she's going to give him antibiotics and metacam and if it's still there in a month then they'll take it off , but normally they do heal with other treatments! Thank God we asked for a biopsy before they took it off!
I'm going to pick his medication up and also a buster collar to stop him scratching it as this makes it bleed . I can't tell you how relieved I am , thank you all so so much for your support xxx :smiley-bounce016.gi:

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:20 pm

Brillant news :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: woo.gif] woo.gif] woo.gif] so pleased for you ...xxxx

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:30 pm

What a relief for you, sooo pleased that such a positive outcome - lots more fun together thumbs.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:57 pm

Just the BEST news Julie. Hugs all round and special hug to the gorgeous Billy xxxxxx :smiley-bounce016.gi:

Return to “Health, Disease, Vets & Vaccines”