Lump Advice Please

Julieh

Lump Advice Please

Post by Julieh » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:13 pm

Can I ask for some advice please. Billy has got a lump on the side of his face , we thought it was just where he scratched himself. I'm bathing it as its bleeding , but it's got a lump underneath and my daughter who is a nurse said it does look a bit suspect. Yesterday he also started trying to hump TrIXie which is something he has never done, and he has done it again twice today . Do you think I should get him checked by a vet? Could the two things be connected do you think ?

MandaTK

Re: Advice please

Post by MandaTK » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:54 pm

Definitely see a vet any lumps really need looking and especially if bleeding. Let us know and hugs to you all.

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:41 pm

Humping can be a stress release ....definitely get him to the vet asap ...please let us know how it goes love4.gif

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:40 pm

Thank you I will call them tomorrow. Stress would make sense as since the thunder last week he has taken himself away from us quite a bit, choosing to go in the bathroom where there are no windows . This hasn't been helped by us having a gas leak and having different people in the house and lots of different noises. Tonight I shut the bathroom door so he couldn't go in there , not sure if this is the right way but he did then come and sit with us and he can always go upstairs if he wants.
THe scratch/ lump does look better tonight and seems to have stopped bleeding, fingers crossed it's just a scratch he keeps irritating. I hope he starts to relax again , things are back to normal indoors so he should feel safe.
Thanks again xx

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:00 am

I wonder if he was bitten /stung .....xx fingers crossed he is feeling better soon love4.gif

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:22 pm

http://webresizer.com/resizer/download. ... g&type=jpg
Hopefully you can see this pic . Definitely not a bite , I'm going to the vets tomorrow night , hopefully it's just where he keeps scratching it

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Looks like a cyst ....please let us know what the vet says xxxxx

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:38 pm

Poor Billy hasn't had much luck , so let's hope so, a cyst is easily treatable . In my heart I don't feel it's anything nasty , I'm bathing it in warm salt water to clean it and I'll be happy when it's checked by the vet. I'll let you know how it goes xxx

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:33 pm

Thinking of you and hoping the lump is nothing nasty love4.gif

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:59 pm

We took Billy to the vets tonight (Chris didn't get home in time from work last night) and the vet is concerned it'a a mast cell. She said it's raised, has a lump underneath and is ulcerated on the top. She is doing her Masters in skin cancer and feels this has all the characteristics. She wanted to book him in as it has to be removed, but said there would need to be large margins in case it is a mast cell. I have asked if she would do an aspiration first to see if anything shows as I'm concerned to put him through this if it's not.
She also said that although she is a surgeon she is not an expert in removing these from the face and said she would refer us to Anderson Moor if we would prefer as they have the experts . This is the first time we have seen this vet , our vet has left . She was very good and obviously well trained but she seemed concerned about the amount of margin she could take. she took four samples from him (she accidentally threw one slide away) and our gentle little man just put his head into mine and didn't make a sound smiley-sad010.gif it must have been so sore.
Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I really hoped that she would just say it's a scratch and nothing more and can't believe that this dear little man has to go through another operation, he's been through so much .

Return to “Health, Disease, Vets & Vaccines”