Lepto 4 Vaccine

xxlynne

Lepto 4 Vaccine

Post by xxlynne » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:41 pm

I asked after a Staffie who we werent able to help... "oh Lynne she went to another Rescue had a Lepto4 vaccination and is now in the vets fighting for her life. I'll been flooded with people experiences of losing dogs to this vaccine. It seems s especially detrimental to large breeds eg Akita and Husky's so many dogs have died due to organ failure."

Lepto 4

MrsP

Re: Lepto 4 epidemic

Post by MrsP » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:10 pm

I'm a member of a Facebook group for local dog people and there's been a ridiculous amount of posts about this vaccine. It's awful, I can't believe vets are still administering!

JenG

Post by JenG » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:21 pm

Thank you Lynne - I have shared this link on my facebook page and our local dog community page. Its very concerning indeed.

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:21 pm

All mine had it and thank goodness they are fine

Wander Woman

Post by Wander Woman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:08 am

Just for some balance, here are a couple articles that show that WSAVA objected to the Telegraph article from last July. The Telegraph did publish a retraction at the bottom of its article after they misrepresented what WSAVA said. The articles below also have some important data included.
https://www.vetsurgeon.org/news/b/veter ... 40015.aspx
https://www.vettimes.co.uk/news/medias- ... rue-wsava/

One of my dogs has had it and was fine. The other has not had it due to his vet phobia. I wish he had had it because he killed a rat several days ago and I feared that he might become infected.
"The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" - Jeremy Bentham

gsdlover

Post by gsdlover » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:39 am

I have Roxie done homeopathically....i know there are pros and cons of everything but i was told that the conventional vaccines were probably a contributory factor of Herbie's CDRM (along with a lot of other conditions) so its not a risk i want to take.

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:56 am

Trouble is if your dog is insured and you dont have up to date vaccines the insurance isnt always valid ...i spoke to my vet many years ago about yearly vaccines and all ge said was he would always vaccinate his own dog and i must admit having nursed dogs with parvo some not making it ...my dogs are vaccinated until they are 10 and then we dont insure them after that as the premiums are extortionate we put money in a separate savings account for the dogs :smiley-chores002.gif:

gsdlover

Post by gsdlover » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:21 am

sweetpea wrote:Trouble is if your dog is insured and you dont have up to date vaccines the insurance isnt always valid ...i spoke to my vet many years ago about yearly vaccines and all ge said was he would always vaccinate his own dog and i must admit having nursed dogs with parvo some not making it ...my dogs are vaccinated until they are 10 and then we dont insure them after that as the premiums are extortionate we put money in a separate savings account for the dogs :smiley-chores002.gif:
I believe that the insurance is valid unless it is a condition that would have been covered by the conventional vaccines? My dogsitters are happy with the homeopathic option as well. There are definately fors and againsts. I have a friend that has had the same dilemma with her baby and she has decided not to vaccinate her. My old cat had her vaccinations as a kitten then none after that and i finally lost her last year aged 20 years....it was only in her last two years of life that she even had to visit a vet....

Wander Woman

Post by Wander Woman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:45 am

I'm with you on this, sweetpea. Not only because insurance companies will find a reason not to pay out, but also because, by and large, vaccines are scientifically proven to be safe and effective at protecting both pets and humans against some truly terrible diseases. Vets (and doctors) will always vaccinate because of this. Years and years of scientific study and research go into vaccines and other medications.

There will, of course, be some side affects or allergies related to vaccines; there are risks with everything in life. But these make up such a tiny minority that the overall greater health of a population must be considered as the most important. Vaccines have virtually eliminated some diseases. Some diseases are making a come back due to the current lack of immunization. This endangers an entire population. The rewards of vaccination - not just for our own animals but others' animals too - far outweigh the risks.
"The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" - Jeremy Bentham

sweetpea

Re: Lepto 4 Vaccine

Post by sweetpea » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Double check your insurance as my friend put in a claim last week for her dog ...broken rear leg ...nothing to do with vaccines but because she titre tests instead of yearly vaccines her insurance Will not pay for the broken leg ....they changed their terms and conditions last year and told her it was her place go read the terms and conditions before renewing her insurance so worth checking .....

Return to “Health, Disease, Vets & Vaccines”