Animal Cruelty

AndyS

Animal Cruelty

Post by AndyS » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi all,

Just saw a poster at my local station about a campaign being run by Battersea Dogs Home about increasing the sentencing for people found guilty of animal cruelty and asking people to email their local MP.

I didn't know, but the maximum current sentence for animal cruelty is 6 months, but you can get 5 years for fly tipping!!!

If you go on http://www.battersea.org.uk/notfunny and there is a link to email your MP. All you have to do is put your name and address in and it creates an email to your local MP, you then click send and it's all done for you.

I'd try an encourage as many people as you can to do this. Thanks everyone.

Vikki

Re: Animal Cruelty

Post by Vikki » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:36 pm

Good share. I knew the sentences were shockingly inadequate but wasn't aware of this current campaign. I'm always signing things about this with other organisations but a Battersea campaign might just get enough publicity to see a change. :goodjob.gif:
If it wasn't for my dogs, my house would be clean, my purse would be full but my heart would be empty

Wander Woman

Re: Animal Cruelty

Post by Wander Woman » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:06 pm

Thanks for posting! I have contacted my MP using the link and their automated letter send! Make your voices heard, people! :nicethread.gif: thumbs.gif
"The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" - Jeremy Bentham

Return to “Legal Questions & Chat”