I'm in Print - Dog Licensing/Dangerous Dogs Act

cobden28

I'm in Print - Dog Licensing/Dangerous Dogs Act

Post by cobden28 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:08 am

In the December 2016 edition of 'Dogs Today' magazine there's an article on whether we should replace the dangerous Dogs Act with a licensing system. There's quite a few points of view expressed that are either for or against this idea, and only three who say 'maybe'. I'm one of the three who say 'maybe'.

What do others in RR think of the idea of replacing this act with an up-to-date licencing system? If this did happen I feel such a change would be pointless without dog owners being required to hold some sort of third-party insurance to cover themselves in the event of any possible future claim.
:dog_running-186.gif: 0028.gif :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:

Vikki

Re: I'M IN PRINT - DOG LICENSING/DANGEROUS DOGS ACT

Post by Vikki » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:38 pm

I haven't read the article so don't know the specifics but anything that gets rid of BSL must be progress. My pet insurance includes injuries to public anyway. I guess even with licensing you need to rely on responsible owners going through correct procedures but if it means well cared for dogs of type who have never done anything wrong apart from look a certain way could live out their natural lives legally then I would be all for it.
If it wasn't for my dogs, my house would be clean, my purse would be full but my heart would be empty

Return to “Legal Questions & Chat”