Dog Fighting

cobden28

Dog Fighting

Post by cobden28 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:30 pm

Not a pleasant subject I know, and one which everyone on this forum will be totally against, I'm sure, but I've just been told this morning 'straight from the horses' mouth' as it were, that it does go on in the local area - but strictly underground of course.

Was talking to my next door but one neighbour over the garden fence this morning as I was hanging out the washing; neighbour is a senior receptionist at the vet's surgery that I go to and she says that they see some horrible things in their surgery. Apparently the fighters breed their dogs and only keep the puppies that they want, with the rest just being dumped in a box somewhere. The lucky ones get dumped at the door of the vet's surgery where my neighbour works, which also happens to be the local veterinary hospital (where Cherub the toothless Pom goes to).

Isn't it terrible what some folk do to dogs?

Julieh

Re: DOG FIGHTING

Post by Julieh » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:25 pm

Absolutely heartbreaking blu1.gif I think this is the worst abuse that needs to be stopped ! People need to look out for signs and report them . These poor dogs will do anything to please their 'owner' and their trust is betrayed over and over again.
I don't think the authorities and the police do enough to try and stop this :-(

cobden28

Re: DOG FIGHTING

Post by cobden28 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:04 pm

I don't know any more than what my neighbour - receptionist at my vet's surgery - told me. Obviously they have to stitch up the damage from these vile events, and take care of the dogs dumped on their doorstep.

Return to “Legal Questions & Chat”