Didn't he do well!

cobden28

Didn't he do well!

Post by cobden28 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:59 pm

Aristotle, my Pekingese, passed his KC Good Citizen Dog award at Bronze level on Sunday night :D !

Silver award, here we come - onwards and upwards!

chinquest

Re: Didn't he do well!

Post by chinquest » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:24 pm

Well done Aristotle :smiley-bounce016.gi:
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire

montyjack2

Post by montyjack2 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:04 pm

well done x :biggrin.gif:

cobden28

Post by cobden28 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:53 pm

Now he's passed the Silver test :D - the next level up - as well, last Sunday evening 29th November. I've decided we're going to 'go for gold' so I've asked when the next classes for the Gold award are going to be.

The attached photo is Ari and myself with his certificate and rosette :biggrin.gif:
29 NOV 15.jpg

montyjack2

Post by montyjack2 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:51 am

well done to you both, very proud looking mum there x x x

cobden28

Post by cobden28 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:41 pm

Aristotle's second class at Gold level was yesterday 17th, and the standard is much higher than at Silver level. A lot of the exercises are based on off-lead heelwork and whilst Ari walks well on a lead, the opportunities for safe practice of off-lead walking round where I live are virtually non-existent. Unless we walk up and down the length of my garden perhaps?

Not been able to practice any of his Stays either this past week because I'm in the process of decorating my main bedroom and everything usually kept in there has been shifted out to the landing of my flat which is where I usually practice with Ari, so very limited space there at the moment, too. Distance control and the Sendaway is proving tricky for him too, and he hasn't a clue about what a formal retrieve is all about. But a visit to the local Pets at Home for a suitable-size training dumbbell is on my 'to-do' list...and we WILL get there in the end, although perhaps not in time for the next Gold test which we're told is at Easter.

Then to start at Bronze with Cherub...if I can do something first about her giving the initial impression when she sees another dog that she'd like to commit murder! She barks like fury when a strange canine approaches and there's dogs of all shapes and sizes at our training classes, so her barking would be a nuisance and a distraction to others attending.

Return to “Behaviour & Training”