Fireworks Advice Please

Re: Fireworks Advice Please

Postby Debbie(tarakisha) » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:11 am

We gave Rosie another dose of Sileo this evening and she slept throughout the fireworks, so although I prefer the natural approach normally, I definitely recommend trying it thumbs.gif
Debbie(tarakisha)

Postby pits » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:05 pm

For what its worth I found this:

"Simply place the center of the scarf across the dog’s chest and cross the ends over the shoulders. Next, cross those ends beneath the chest and bring back up, tying in a secure knot away from the spine.

The scarf should be snug, but not constricting. Like the ThunderShirt, the slight pressure around the body (like a constant hug!) is supposed to deliver a calming effect, or at least take the nervous edge off. This DIY option is on hand in a pinch, and could very possibly save your pup from unnecessary discomfort."

efe316e4ef16e64a0c7857276325c2f4--organize-elsa.jpg
pits

Postby Arkaye » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:48 pm

Dear All,

Thanks for your concern about Basil: he's much more in control of himself now, so didn't evacuate at inopportune times at all. He hated the pops and bangs of the fireworks (we also cursed them - they seemed to go on for night after night and still seem to go on even now). However, he is now calm and has adjusted his rhythms to ours.

Celebrating one year with Basil!

R
Against the 'jaw-locking' nonsense purveyed by 'judge' Judith Sheindlin, which gives breeds an undeserved bad image.
Arkaye

Previous

Return to Behaviour & Training