Dinner for Dogs

Adam

Dinner for Dogs

Post by Adam » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:58 pm

Hi everyone

Has anyone here tried any of the recipes from "Dinner for Dogs"? It's a book of recipes for meals, snacks and treats for dogs by Henrietta Morrison (founder of Lily's Kitchen pet foods).

I was wondering if you had any recommendations for recipes that were particularly popular with your dogs - or were a total disaster! Perhaps you have some of your own that aren't in the book that you'd like to share.

I just baked some of the oatmeal biscuits with cheese and parsley. They were quick and simple to make, and smell delicious ... if Tizzy doesn't fancy them, I'd be tempted to eat them myself ;-)

sweetpea

Re: Dinner for Dogs

Post by sweetpea » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:29 pm

My lot love Liver cake and pilchard oatcakes .....all fresh and homemade beats shop bought ...you can google lots of doggy recipes. ...my lot love raw carrots and i now replace one day with a carrot each rather than a dentastick ......Good on you for making your own dog treats ...i bake lots and freeze them for another day :nicethread.gif:

Adam

Re: Dinner for Dogs

Post by Adam » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:26 pm

Tizzy will eat carrots, but she's not mad keen - and won't entertain apples at all, so the hunt is on for healthy snacks and treats that aren't full of nasties. Am pleased to say the oatmeal biscuits were a hit (and I managed to keep my dignity in tact by resisting the urge to have one with a g&t!).

Thanks for the freezing tip sweetpea - so many of the recipes I've seen don't last long in the fridge or cupboard. I'm sure Tizzy would try her best to avoid any waste though!

Return to “Food, Diet, Nutrition & Recipes”