Raw Food and Natural Food Recommendations

RosC

Re: Raw Food and Natural Food Recommendations

Post by RosC » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:20 pm

I feed Shadow Natures menu frozen food and he seems to be fine with it ( he has quite a delicate stomach ). Several different flavours for variety. I also give him meat from the supermarket and the odd bone. Don't have a storage problem so pick up from PAH - I'm lucky that is is only 2 mins away. This doesn't seem to cost too much per day and he is happy to eat it - usually eats the Natures menu first!

Fran

Post by Fran » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:45 pm

Nutriment - Camberly are very good (they used to own Natual Instinct). My friend and I share a order of 80kg and get 30% off but of course you need a big feezer. I have been to there factory for a walk around and was very impressed.

Wander Woman

Post by Wander Woman » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:24 pm

Thanks for your advice and recommendations, everyone!

Yes, freezer space is definitely an issue. So the ability to buy locally on a weekly/fortnightly basis (without large delivery fees or my own fuel costs) would be better for me than on a monthly basis. I suppose in the end what someone chooses all comes down to freezer space, prices, quality, the dog's preference, and the convenience/hassle factor for each person's particular situation and location. I might end up trying a couple/few more or a combination of a couple. Wolf Tucker and Honey's (formerly Darling's) are other brands I have run across too. The Natural Instinct/Nutriment events back in 2013-2014 made for 'interesting' but sad reading. I think the sister of one of the NI founders started Nutriment.

http://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/ (formerly WhichDogFood.co.uk) also helped in my search for info, as the site has a filter to search for raw foods and there are often detailed reviews.

Once again, thank you! Benny thanks you all too! :biggrin.gif:
"The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" - Jeremy Bentham

Rummibailey

Post by Rummibailey » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:40 pm

The facebook group 'Rawfeeding rebels' is a great resource and they have a list of suppliers amongst much more!

http://www.rawfeedingrebels.com/suppliers-raw-food-uk/
Don't Breed and Buy while Thousands Die in UK dog pounds

Wander Woman

Post by Wander Woman » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:11 am

:iagree.gif: Great reference site! :thanks.gif: !!
"The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" - Jeremy Bentham

Ruthi

Post by Ruthi » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:57 pm

I don't come here that often, but had to butt in here.

I have a friend who has recently moved to Sway, and I have tried the butcher's food. Its fine, but probably not a long term option except for emergencies. Sue feeds raw, and mostly makes up her own. If you would like to have a chat I am sure she would be delighted to.

I don't think she ever met Benny, but its a long time ago so I am not sure! In fact its so long ago that I can't remember what I was feeding in those days. It might have been Landywoods, or might have been Natural Instinct.

Wander Woman

Post by Wander Woman » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:32 pm

Thanks for the information on Sway Butchers, Ruthi. That's good to know!

After finally running out of Landywood's food, we have been trying out Nurturing by Nature (thanks, chinquest!). They are a Poole-based company, so they are local to me. I have also found a couple small, independent pet supply shops that carry it for the same price as buying direct. So I can go and pick up however much I want, as well as ordering through the pet shop, without paying a delivery fee. It works for me, and it seems to work for Benny too, as he loves the food! :lol: It's early days - only been buying from them for a week, but as long as the quality is consistent, and the price is right, then it seems for the time to be a good choice. If, for any reason, I need to move to another brand or diversify, then I have all the great info everyone has shared. Thank you!
:thanks.gif:
Ruthi wrote:I don't come here that often, but had to butt in here.

I have a friend who has recently moved to Sway, and I have tried the butcher's food. Its fine, but probably not a long term option except for emergencies. Sue feeds raw, and mostly makes up her own. If you would like to have a chat I am sure she would be delighted to.

I don't think she ever met Benny, but its a long time ago so I am not sure! In fact its so long ago that I can't remember what I was feeding in those days. It might have been Landywoods, or might have been Natural Instinct.

Doglets

Post by Doglets » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:22 pm

I have recently discovered NaturesMenu Country Hunter, and my dogs absolutely love it. They are such fussy eaters, and any other food I have given them they wouldn't eat unless I added a bit of cheese or sausage, but they absolutely wolf down NaturesMenu. I buy it in tins and in a dried version from Waitrose, so it is not cheap, but they are tiny dogs (5, 6, and 7 kilos) so they don't eat huge amounts. I have found that Jack's itchy skin has improved, and also this food has helped with the perennial dog problem of wind - with three of them in the bed we are delighted with this improvement :mrgreen: !

staffylevi

Post by staffylevi » Tue May 15, 2018 6:50 am

We have just become suppliers of Benefit Natural offering a delivery service to certain postcode areas. Take a look at our website at http://www.lillysdiner.co.uk for more info. We also have a fb page.https://www.facebook.com/lillysdiner1/
Thanks for looking.
ps. If link doesn't work first time press again... then should be fine.
Doin' it for the staffies ...

Return to “Food, Diet, Nutrition & Recipes”