VIP Card Pets at Home

Schemes that support us without costing you an extra penny.
staffylevi

VIP Card Pets at Home

Post by staffylevi » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:19 pm

Did you know that if you shop at Pets at Home and have a VIP card you can earn points (money) for the charity of your choice!!!

As a member of the VIP scheme, you'll get great benefits for you and your pets. You'll receive exclusive discounts on everything from food to health products, as well as helpful hints and tips so you can ensure that you get the best for your pets.

Collect Lifelines and support animal charities...

VIP benefits don't stop there! Simply swipe your card at the till to collect VIP Lifelines which will help you and your fellow VIP members to send much needed support to the animal charity of your choice so long as it's a charity nominated by the store to benefit from the scheme.

When you shop in PAH your points automatically go to the registered charity for that store but you can change all that and set your card points to go to the charity of your choice provided that charity has been nominated to receive points and is on the store's list. If it isn't then you can always ask the store manager if it's possible to add. Click on the link below and follow instruction to change your charity.

https://vip.petsathome.com/Club.aspx?source=site

Come on guys change those points... :)
Last edited by staffylevi on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doin' it for the staffies ...

anitas

VIP Card Pets at Home

Post by anitas » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:58 am

Spookily enough I contacted Pets at home VIP section a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to change who my points go to but saw that RR wasn't one of the charities to choose. I asked them how we could get RR on there as it is a local charity & close to mine & many others hearts.

They have recently replied saying that when the scheme was set up last year each store chose 4 charities to benefit from the VIP scheme.

I have asked them when each store reviews their chosen charities as there are a lot of charities out there with huge pressures so it would be good to share the benefits out.

When I hear back I'll let you know!
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals"

staffylevi

VIP Card Pets at Home

Post by staffylevi » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:43 am

anitas wrote:Spookily enough I contacted Pets at home VIP section a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to change who my points go to but saw that RR wasn't one of the charities to choose. I asked them how we could get RR on there as it is a local charity & close to mine & many others hearts.

They have recently replied saying that when the scheme was set up last year each store chose 4 charities to benefit from the VIP scheme.

I have asked them when each store reviews their chosen charities as there are a lot of charities out there with huge pressures so it would be good to share the benefits out.

When I hear back I'll let you know!
Anita, I have since checked this out more thoroughly and it would appear that each store chooses a certain amount of charities to benefit from the scheme; Hertford store (our local) as chosen RR to be part of this scheme. I believe it is down to the store manager's discretion as to which charities are chosen to benefit just as it is to which charity is 'partnered' with them.

So as RR are part of this scheme in Hertford I will try and 'nobble' as many people as I can!! :D
Last edited by staffylevi on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

staffylevi

VIP Card Pets at Home

Post by staffylevi » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Just to reiterate...

Support Adoption for Pets (SAP) is a different company to Pets at Home (PAH) but they do manage certain schemes for PAH ie. their fundraising drives which happen at certain times throughout the year in store (round to a pound, etc...), the damage stock scheme, grants, and being added to their rescue directory on their website to help animals looking for new homes.

I have just spoken to SAP and have been informed clearly and concisely that although they manage the above schemes for PAH ultimately the final decision lies with the store. For example: Charities 'partnered' with PAH. A store can have as many charities partnered with it as they wish; they will take into consideration the size of the store, location and the size of the rescue, etc... but please note there is little point in us as a charity partnering with lot's of stores if we can't get in store and fundraise on a regular basis.

The VIP scheme again is down to the store as to how many charities are registered for it within that store; they will always have the big charities registered like RSPCA and Cats Protection. In order for us to get registered for this scheme you will need to approach the store but there is little point in registering with lot's of stores if we don't use them on a regular basis. It is far better to build a rapport with one or two stores rather than a whole bunch off stores we have little or no connection with.

A COUPLE OF POINTS FROM THE T & C's FOR VIP SCHEME:
17. 300 Lifelines will be converted into a £1 Pets at Home gift card which will be donated to your chosen charity on a quarterly basis (at the end of March, June, September and December) which can be used by the charity to pay for goods in Pets at Home stores or grooming services. If you have not chosen a charity, your Lifelines will be donated to a default charity, which shall be selected by Pets at Home and communicated on the VIP website http://www.petsathome.co.uk/VIP from time to time.

18. To choose your nominated charity from the list of charities approved by your local Pets at Home store, or to change your nominated charity at any time, or to find out how much has been donated to charity by the VIP scheme, go to http://www.petsathome.com/VIP and log into your account. Changes to your nominated charity will take effect at the end of the quarter.

19. Lifelines cannot be exchanged for cash and will have no value until converted into a gift card for the relevant charity at the end of each quarter.

staffylevi

Good News... VIP CARD PETS AT HOME

Post by staffylevi » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:26 am

Good News... :biggrin.gif:

Dear Marie,
Your local Pets at Home store in Hertford has nominated your charity to participate in our Pets at Home VIP Club. The VIP club was introduced a couple of years ago and has been a huge success. It operates in very much the same way as a loyalty club for our customers, let me explain;

What is the VIP Club ?
Our Pets at Home stores across the country are asked to nominate three local charities that they either already support in some way or would like to start supporting. Those charities are then ‘linked to that particular Pets at Home store. Our Customers that have chosen to have one of our VIP loyalty cards are then asked to choose one of those charities to support. Each time that customer shops at Pets at Home they earn ‘VIP lifelines’ for that particular charity and once a quarter, we turn those lifeline donations into a cash donation for your charity. There are no catches, no hidden meanings, simply us helping you continue the invaluable work you do. We have 600 charities now participating and since we launched, we have donated £1.6 million pounds.

It can take a number of weeks for your rescue to be added to the VIP club but once this has been completed you will be notified in order for you let all of your dedicated supporters know that you are on the scheme and how they can choose your charity to be the beneficiary of their Lifelines.

Charities on the VIP club receive Lifelines in the form of a Pets at Home gift voucher which is emailed directly to the rescues every quarter, to spend in store on the pets within your care.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask, you can get I touch with me on the details below.

Kind regards

Michelle Smith – Charity Partnership Coordinator| Marketing Team | Pets at Home Ltd

the lakes

VIP Card Pets at Home

Post by the lakes » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:23 pm

I tried to get the Letchworth store to add them to the list but they were helpful and gave me a number to contact. I phoned that and was directed to another web site. I wrote an email asking for my card to be linked to RR and got an email in reply that they are not the ones that deal with VIP points but would forward the email to the VIP Club person that deals with charity requests. This is the email I received today in reply.

Good morning Susan,

Many thanks for your email inquiring about how to change your chosen charity to Rescue Remedies.

This particular charity is not currently part of the VIP Club, however, we are just in the process of adding them as they have been nominated by our Hertford Pets at Home store. All new participating charities will be added in January 2015, so in the new year, all you will need to do is log on to your VIP account via our Pets at Home website, select the “choose charity” option, from the Home store drop down box, select the Hertford store, from the charity drop down box, select Rescue Remedies and that it!

I don’t have a fixed date in January when your preferred rescue will be visible, but keep checking, they will definitely be on there soon.

Kind regards

Michelle Smith

VIP Charity Partnership Coordinator

0161 486 3680

So it looks like from January 2015 we can all select RR and our card number will direct it to the Hertford store RR and we don't actually have to go to that store.

I hope that is how it works out as it will be great to have all spends at Pets at Home in any store in the country going to RR.

staffylevi

VIP Card Pets at Home

Post by staffylevi » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:35 pm

the lakes wrote:I tried to get the Letchworth store to add them to the list but they were helpful and gave me a number to contact. I phoned that and was directed to another web site. I wrote an email asking for my card to be linked to RR and got an email in reply that they are not the ones that deal with VIP points but would forward the email to the VIP Club person that deals with charity requests. This is the email I received today in reply.

Good morning Susan,

Many thanks for your email inquiring about how to change your chosen charity to Rescue Remedies.

This particular charity is not currently part of the VIP Club, however, we are just in the process of adding them as they have been nominated by our Hertford Pets at Home store. All new participating charities will be added in January 2015, so in the new year, all you will need to do is log on to your VIP account via our Pets at Home website, select the “choose charity” option, from the Home store drop down box, select the Hertford store, from the charity drop down box, select Rescue Remedies and that it!

I don’t have a fixed date in January when your preferred rescue will be visible, but keep checking, they will definitely be on there soon.

Kind regards

Michelle Smith

VIP Charity Partnership Coordinator

0161 486 3680

So it looks like from January 2015 we can all select RR and our card number will direct it to the Hertford store RR and we don't actually have to go to that store.

I hope that is how it works out as it will be great to have all spends at Pets at Home in any store in the country going to RR.
Great stuff! The store manager, Alann at Hertford store who nominated us is a sooper dooper guy and has helped us with lot's of stuff for the rescue and hopefully a partnership with the Hertford store is on the cards too! Watch this space... :crossfingers.gif:

chinquest

VIP Card Pets at Home

Post by chinquest » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:50 pm

Well done :)
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire

the lakes

VIP Card Pets at Home

Post by the lakes » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:38 pm

This is a follow up from my thanking Michelle.

Morning Susan,

You are most welcome, I know only too well the importance of supporting local rescues, I too have one rescue dog and 2 rescue cats and I’ve seen first-hand how every penny counts!! To confirm, once you have changed your home store to the Hertford store which will allow you to choose Rescue Remedies, you can shop in any Pets at Home store, from Dundee to Devon and your lifelines will always go to your chosen charity.

As mentioned, just keep checking through January to see when your charity gets added, we will of course let the charity know as well!

All the best, have a lovely Christmas.

Regards

Michelle

So it seems that we can all make Hertford our home store and choose rescue Remedies once it appears on the list.

Yipee

staffylevi

VIP Card Pets at Home

Post by staffylevi » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:50 pm

A massive thank you to Alann at the Hertford store for the nomination. :thanks.gif: :smiley-gen078.gif:
:smiley-eatdrink004.gif: Alann.

So people keep your eyes peeled; keep checking the shortcut below and change change change your charity to RR in January... let's turn those points into pounds... the more you shop the more we get!! :smiley-gen013.gif:

https://vip.petsathome.com/Club.aspx?source=site

Oh! And be sure to spread the word!! :D

Return to “Free Money”