Brighton marathon

Projects that not only need supporting with donations, but also by spreading the word!

Brighton marathon

Postby RosC » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Hi
I am attempting the Brighton Marathon again on Sunday. Despite the heat I hope to make it round! If you would like to sponsor me that would be great - instead of having a drink with me afterwards, why not donate the money to rescue remedies!
Thank you :thanks.gif:
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/RosClark

wish me luck :goodluck.gif:
RosC

Re: Brighton marathon

Postby xxlynne » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:27 am

Good luck Ros thinking of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xxlynne

Postby johnfowle » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:37 am

Wow!! It's mighty hot today, Ros....lots of sun cream, water and Ralgex for when you get home.

We all send you our good wishes....especially Shadow who, at this moment, is sunning himself in the garden!!!

Love from all the Mob in New Romney.
johnfowle

Postby RosC » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Thanks John, I wish I had been sunning myself in the garden along with Shadow yesterday!
It was an extremely hot day for the time of year and unfortunately the heat got to me near the end and I felt so nauseous I had to walk the last few miles. A bit disappointing as I had been doing really well up to that point but I did manage to run the last little bit (.2 of a mile that felt like 2 miles!) and crossed the finish line woo.gif] woo.gif] :smiley-dance017.gif:
Thank you to all who sponsored me, it certainly helps keep you going knowing that people believe you can do it! I will keep the sponsorship page live for a week so if you want to donate knowing that I finished please do as I need to round up my other sponsorship money before having a total amount raised.
The only good thing about having walked the last 3 miles of it is that I can at least walk today - don't think I will go for a run though lol.gif
RosC

Postby gsdlover » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Well done Ros...yesterday was too hot for running :cool.gif:
gsdlover

Postby Elliesmum » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:35 pm

Thank you for your massive effort Ros :goodjob.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs.
Elliesmum

Return to Appeals and Sponsored Events