Toby (Mr Toberlone) Red Fell Terrier 2003 -2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Toby (Mr Toberlone) Red Fell Terrier 2003 -2018

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Apr 14, 2008 8:23 am
Toby12.jpg
Toby left me today....he has struggled with his health and several times on trying to wake him I had been concerned if I could. He was diagnosed with a rapidly growing tumour in his anal gland and bowel. He travelled to the vets paws on the dash board but his frailty meant I had to secure him...but watch the journey he did...travel was always an anxious thing for Toby but today his curiosity was inspired..Such a lovely journey with 1/4 of it in my lap as I drove. WEE both had no idea this would be our last time together but when the call came it would have been cruel to bring him around as he was so concerned about his dignity. LOVED / LOVE YOU to BITS Toby only wish I could have spent more time with you than I was able to do Ever in my heart
Toblerone.jpg
Mr Toblerone
Mr Toblerone is sweet; he's nutty; he’s irresistible. Toby is 4-5 yrs old & not yet found his special home. He has attitude - male terrier charm allowing him to simply amble his way through the goings on. He has become so loving he now needs a family who he can have a deep soppy relationship with.

Key criteria. Keen on any kind of furry & 6' panel fencing without ‘stepping stones’ to confine him to barracks. Toby needs to be safe & secure- & kept on an 8 metre lead outside. He shows his teeth when he really doesn't need any help thank you & providing you respect him & distract with a treat- he is fine just melts. For this reason not to live with children; supervised around visiting children (but adores them) just for guarding ‘precious moments’. He adores doggie company. We find him an easy dog to manage just terrier experience & sense of humour to charm him & he’ll charm you. Fostered in Richmond

Mr Toblerone is a flavourite..such a dear and meets everyone with absolute delight dogs and people.

Enquiries only answered with completed questionnaire

Toby's thread has been relaunched as it became too long and complex.

mod6

Re: Toby (Mr Toberlone) 4-5 years Red Fell Terrier Richmond

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:28 am by Dee

Some very wonderful news to share with you all.

The family who originally took care of Toby have been in touch and Lee (youngest son ) and his friend took part in a sponsored bike ride and raised £132.50 which they would like to donate to Rescue Remedies!!

How amazing are these 2 young lads. Such an amazing amount of money to raise and for them to do this with Toby and our rescue dogs in mind i had tears in my eyes when reading the email.

Here are a couple of the pictures of the young stars to share with you all :

I am going to do a thread just for these boys but thought it appropriate to have it on Toby's also as he was the inspiration    :D  :D  :D
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:52 am by Mow

That is so amazing, how lovely to see young lads do something for our doggies :D they, and their familys, should be very proud! xx
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:34 am by xxlynne

Toby has had 4 days now in which his guarding of precious items has been quite extreme... to the point where he slept in the greenhouse Saturday as we could not enter nor distract him. At the time of guarding..he stands over his precious item..bowl of food; or pigs ear..and as you approach he is loudly growling and showing all his teeth moving closely over his item. If you move an object towards him he will attack it eg broom handle..curiously can surrender his 'prey' to another dog but would bite human. He makes his signals very very clear but have noticed for the first time in this latest phase he actually is weeing himself with the stress of the situation. It is very real for Toby.

I have to say I am really questionning of Toby is homeable for this reason. We can manage him but really think it would take a very special family and circumstance to cope
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:12 am by xxlynne

Toby had a wonderful day giving the 'welcome the guest regime' with Bono and allowed him to chill out and think nice place nice dog..very loving all day as usual then got access to the back shed when we had discovered at 9.30 Scooby had gone over the top (of the fence). Would Toby come out of the shed..so 11.30 last night I whispered good night and left the back door open. Pleased to say I met a wiggly bummed dog when I came down this morning -stretching out of the dog bed..."well ofcourse you dirty stop out!"
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:55 am by xxlynne

Ok OK Ok you told me so...we can not resist the charms of MrT. We had wished more for him but he is such a delicate soul who needs just the right environment finely tuned to his variances. So with great delight on our part Mr T will have to settle for a life of transitory dogs to welcome in; play with and then warn off if they are in anyway interested in his 'bone'

PS He has just been mixed with the dogs having spent the night in the greenhouse 'guarding ?not sure what but there was no way we were going to get in and him out last night!
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:23 am by Jane
Congratulations Lynne and Lorenzo
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:00 am by Dee

OK - hands up all those that DIDN'T see this one coming???????

LOL

Congratulations to you all xxxxx
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:49 am by Mow

Congratulations on your latest squeeze
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:54 am by SharonR
Bet you had a good nights sleep though! Congratulations.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”