Bingo Staffie DoB November 2008 - 31st August 2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies_2

Re: Bingo Staffie DoB 11.2008 Maidstone Kent

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

grizzly61bear 29 Jan 2010 05:58 pm

I have sent you a message, what size Gentle Leader do you think Bingo might require?

Bud is delivering some liver cake tomorrow, hopefully, so it could coincide with the gentle leader and solve the problem! :lol:
Rescue Remedies_2

Bud 30 Jan 2010 06:17 pm

Went to see the lovely Bingo and family....what a handsome looking dog. His coat is shiny and he looks like he may have put some weight on...he was very pleased to see me and we had our usual Staffie hugs and kisses. He did a lovely sit and lay down for piece of liver cake. I think the Bingo family love him very much and with some patience he is going to be a great dog. He is very keen to learn and still young enough to train. I hope we meet up for a walk so that Spud can meet Bingo, he could learn alot from Bingo...
Rescue Remedies_2

grizzly61bear 30 Jan 2010 10:33 pm

Thank you Bud. He was pleased to see you. We will walk together and Bud wil be fine. I knowe you have more issues than me with other dogs , but the problem is still ethe same, dont' want anyone to go off on the Staffie owners/dogs route. I am sure Bud, one day, with a friend liek Bingo will not worry......we will get there... I have asked for the Burham location...speak soon
Rescue Remedies_2

grizzly61bear 26 Feb 2010 08:31 pm

Sorry I have been so lapse. Thank you, the gentle leader worked a treat, long term though it does not stop him pulling when you revert to normal collar, but walking now is a dream.
I have little control with the leader when he decides to jump up but I am sure he will grow out of it. He loves to play with all his acquaintances on the heath and on Tuesday once I let him off on the heath, we walked through the woods with others, off lead, he was really good. Now I will have to hone his recall skills. Generally he is good, but he gets that "I'm far too busy to take notice of you" attitude and would not come back this morning when his friend decided he had to go to work, so he nicked Spike's frisbee and just kept circling, darting out of the way when you went to get his collar. He is such a happy chappy wagging his tail from a long distance when he sees dogs and owners he recognises.
Today he met a lovely young staff/lurcher cross, slender frame, lovely looker, who had also been on PTS when she was 4 months old, she was being chased round the woods by her companion, a corgi, it was fun to watch.
Down side, he has previously wee'd on the beds, only once, including mine which did not go down well as it was near the pillow!!
I was far too embarrassed to tell you at the time, but I am over it now.
Tried to get him a coat as he hates the rain, alas the girth strap did not go round him enough, the size bigger gave 2 straps and he would not pee with the coat on. Any suggestions (I do not like making him a laughing stock, but it has been so wet, I thought we both might benefit) but I need it easy to get on and off as my knees aren't what they used to be.
Did Bing have a name tag on when he was found? Or did prev owners take it off before he was released into the big wide world? Just trying to work out what he might have been called in his previous northern life.
Rescue Remedies_2

Gilka 08 Mar 2010 03:01 pm

I've just double checked his poundie picture and he went in with a collar but no tag... .
Rescue Remedies_2

grizzly61bear 20 Apr 2010 07:12 pm

Hello all, Bingo has been the best behaved dog you could want. He continues to impress me and has taken to sunbathing in the garden.
I had an operation and had to get someone to walk him during the day, she fell in love with him too. He is the friendliest dog I have come across. He loves to meet dogs and people alike. What a gem.
Thank you so much for bringing him into our lives
Rescue Remedies_2

Bud 22 Apr 2010 02:24 pm

wow you seem to have every thing under control now. I am so pleased to hear that you are all setled now...he is the most fab dog I have ever met....well done you
Rescue Remedies_2

grizzly61bear 17 Nov 2010 09:48 pm

Bingo is now 2, as mad as ever, can't believe it is nearly one year ago that we first met him at your Gatwick kennels. He is lovely, here is a pic of him doing what he loves best, snuggling up in anyone's bed but his own!! Thank you for bringing him into our lives, for all the work you do, for all the happy staffies you have helped. :P
Rescue Remedies_2

grizzly61bear 17 Nov 2010 10:06 pm

Rescue Remedies_2

xxlynne 17 Nov 2010 10:28 pm

Bingo has a rather 'sheepish' look in his eyes.. but definitely 'at home'..brilliant update

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”