Syrus Staffie x DOB 2006 - 05.18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Re: Syrus Staffie x DOB 01.01.07 Feltham Foster

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Lovely to see you June, Syrus was delighted with his ham bone and ball-both demolished, he says Thank You please come and see me again soon!

Syrus loves football, and would love a family to play with and to enjoy his skills, he can dribble and drool the ball. Also very good in Goal!

Today we had a meeting in Canterbury, Syrus is brilliant in the car! No concerns despite being stuck on the M25 for toooo long. Here he is when we had a pitstop.

Time to get in the back and he looks pretty happy to continue the journey!

Checking the Sat Nav, and Syrus confirms we are on the right route

Syrus settles in the back instantly. He serenely observes the world from the window then stretches out for a snooze with his beautiful face resting on the centre console between the front seats. Wonderful boy, we are really enjoying his company, he is such a delight :love4:
Rescue Remedies

Syrus is such a love a true companion would suit a doggie person who needs their heart uplifting...a true friend. So lovely to see him enjoying life
Rescue Remedies

:) dear Syrus has proved himself to be such a brilliant boy.

Other dogs offlead:
Syrus and I met Lynne on Sunday, no photos - sorry! there were several off lead dogs in close proximity and he was unfazed. he did not pull, lunge or show excessive interest. He is very connected and responsive to voice command. There was on offlead pointer chasing balls very close to us and Syrus sat and watched. When the Pointer came very close Syrus did jump up, not sure if he wanted to play ball too!

Lynne then went and got dear little 14y.o Brandy terrier from home and we walked together, at one point Syrus did seem very interested and I regained his attention and he thoroughly enjoyed rolling on his back in the long grass and snuffling along.

On being left:
We have slowly been building up the time Syrus is left, from 10 minutes to 1.5 hrs.
This morning he was left home alone for 4 hours after a 20 minute walk, and he was delighted to see Aaron at 2pm for a lunchtime stroll and was left again with a filled kong and the Discovery Channel on until 5.30pm. No mess, no incidents nothing. Fabulous boy!
Rescue Remedies

It was lovely to meet Syrus on Saturday. What a teddy bear!

Rescue Remedies

Quick clean up

Syrus really enjoyed himself yesterday with my grandson!! no photos to capture the happiness on both their faces but I will remember next time and post them on his thread. Such an adoring sweet boy and so obedient. :love4:
Rescue Remedies

This captures Syrus...sweet, loyal and adoring of little ones and grown ups. A gem of a boy, someone is missing this beauty in their lives...
Rescue Remedies

Ooooh what a brilliant boy Syrus is with children. Here he is with my grandson last week. Syrus drops when told and waits politely for the toy/ball to be thrown. He also loves playing running games with children but is so connected and gentle he never barges into them. He does not become over excited, he respects and loves respectful children. Enjoys their company and cuddles so much. Love him!

Rescue Remedies

Syrus popped into the office to help with some paperwork, here he is on the way to the Park for some fun with Aaron before it got dark.

Syrus is such a sweet connected boy, on his outings he is just great! Aaron keeps an eye out for off lead dogs and takes a different direction, and any on lead that walk close by Syrus ignores and glances up at Aaron and trots on. We feel he felt threatened by other dogs and was nervous before he came into RR and with a calm, confident walker by his side he is fine. Aaron told me he was on the Heath earlier on a narrow path and a lab came around the corner on lead and Syrus was ok, no growls or lunging. The lab came forward for some nose to nose and no grumbles from Syrus.

I have walked Syrus along the towpath in Ham and there were many dogs that day, also off lead running around, I stayed with Syrus to the side and he sat and watched them playing ball. Possibly he didn't get enough out and about regularly in the past but now he is out every day along the high st and parks and he is fine! Brilliant in the car too, attach the seatbelt clip to the harness and he looks out of the window then settles for a snooze.

There was only one concerning moment when Aaron took him out for his evening stroll last week and a massive dog came around the corner - no lead :shock: Syrus was shocked and went rigid - Aaron calmly told Syrus 'walk on' and turned around the other way. Fortunately the owner arrived and said 'nah mate he's alright wiv other dogs' a big soppy lump clearly but Syrus wasn't to know that! So well done Syrus I'm certain a lot of dogs confronted with a huge dog would have reacted.

Syrus is polite, well mannered, clean in the house and not demanding of your attention. If you do give him your time he is so sweet and grateful, a lovely boy indeed.

Aaron takes him out for half an hour in the morning and then 15 minutes at lunchtime then out for a longer playtime around 5.30pm. Sometimes they incorporate time in the basket ball court playing ball so Syrus can really enjoy off lead time in safety and security from off lead dogs. Syrus is more than happy trotting by your side enjoying his snuffling and investigating and loves making his bed when he gets home, pawing and rearranging to his satisfaction, then he flops down with a contented sigh.
Rescue Remedies

Syrus is enjoying his meals of naturediet and stuffed kong, he also loves a raw ham bone. He will demolish a tennis ball in minutes if someone isn't playing ball with him...and this gives him great satisfaction. He then picks up all the pieces! Typical Staffie also loves to shred sticks..

Luisa

Post by Luisa »

Syrus and grandson early evening sunday. Both loving each others company!
syrus 5.jpg
syrus 1.jpg
syrus 2.gif
syrus 3.gif
syrus 9.gif
syrus 4.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”