Neko Akita DoB 08.09.07 - 15.10.18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Neko Akita DoB 08.09.07 - 15.10.18

Post by xxlynne »

Neko78.JPG
Today came the message from Rob Neko's closet friend and carer... Neko's energy was fading and he wasn't willing to take his antibiotics or painkillers.

With love Rob drove Neko to Mark's , who had performed so many ops on his ear but the infection was so deep-seated it was in the brain

...In PEACE
Neko.jpg
Neko's Thread below:
Neko's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within an East London council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Neko is now neutered; chipped and vaccinations in progress. Neko had a severely infected right ear which has been treated under GenAn whilst neutering and is under the care of our vets. Neko came into our Rescue 24.05.18 and was in boarding kennels nr Gatwick but now in foster with another dog, cat and 2 younger children to see how he manages.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Neko's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Neko93.JPG
Neko95.JPG
Neko's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 16.04.18: Lynne Akita Rescue can’t take this boy he is neutered. He’s super super dog friendly..loves them. He’s lovely. But he’s 10. He has run out of time can you offer him a lifeline. Mx ADM
Neko1.jpg
Neko.jpg
Meeting Honey
Meeting Honey
Neko2.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Neko Akita DoB 08.09.07 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

At Last... Neko has arrived. I met him as a huge bear on the operating table with our vet focusing on his ear. Mark said he has a middle ear infection which are difficult to clear up and Neko has been in a lot of pain so isn't going to let anyone near it: Therefore it is cleaned out, is bleeding and was full of puss. Mark has placed him on long acting indwelling treatment and is going to retreat him under Gen An in 2 weeks time.

Poor Neko also had an undescended testicle so had a big op there also. Hopefully Neko will begin to feel better as he heals, as the treatment works and is being kept painfree in the meantime.
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I had my first walk with Niko yesterday. I didn't put a harness on him as he has had an ear infection and I didn't want to hurt his ears putting the hardenss over that big fluffy nogging. He is a strong boy on the lead but as time wore on he slowed and relaxed more. He was enjoying sniffing all the bushes. I took him to the stream as it was a hot day. He loved this and just sank down in the water to cool off.

Neko is a happy soul out walking and just adorable. He enjoyed back scratches while we were out. I hope I get to spend more time with this lovely fluffy boy!
2018-05-26 10.20.26.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

2018-05-26 10.32.00.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

2018-05-26 10.32.01.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

2018-05-26 10.32.02.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

2018-05-26 10.32.03.jpg
April111

Post by April111 »

I took Neko out today. He is a chap! Lovely walk, he isn’t that keen on his head being fussed as advised but he just shakes his head away.
He went and had a paddle, got away from me and just laid down in the stream, came back when I called his name and offered a treat. What a good boy!
Looking forward to walking him again
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I have just seen that Neko is 10. Well having met him I can barely believe it. I thought he was maybe 6 or 7. He certainly doesn't show his age!

Here is a video of Neko enjoying cooling off on Saturday. love4.gif

jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

neko loves the water - on tuesday we went to the stream in the pouring rain and we waded quite a long way up and down the middle of the stream (i was nearly out of my depth wellywize but he would of gone further i think wetsuit needed next time!!!) he really is a water baby - not phased by the rain and mud he walked v nicely hardly any pulling he really is a cracking dog
P1010674.JPG
P1010678.JPG

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”