Prince Rottie DofB 01.08.01 - 06.02.18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Prince Rottie DofB 01.08.01 - 06.02.18

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: HOMED
Prince89.jpg
6th Febraury: Julie called tonight to say she had just lost Prince he had gone into heart failure and died Peacefully in her arms with her parents present. She is devastated...
Prince.jpg
Prince's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a North London council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Will be neutered; chipped and vaccinations in progress

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Prince's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Otto1.jpg
Otto36.jpg
Prince's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Adam in Broxbourne has asked to prepare Prince for and find him new home "Rottie boy, older dog, weak back legs, but can still get himself up and about. Seems dog friendly. Found stray 23rd Dec 17 xx Adam
Otto33.jpg
RosC

Re: Prince Rottie DofB 01.08.01 Gatwick Kenns

Post by RosC »

Prince is an extremely gentle, friendly old boy. His hind legs are incredibly weak but we enjoyed lovely cuddles and he really should not be in kennels at this stage of his life.There must be a warm, quiet home out there with a comfy blanket for Prince to rest on.
anne

Post by anne »

You could not meet a nicer natured, gentler dog than Prince. He is lovely. He was pottering out of the kennels with the kennels girls at lunch time to stretch his legs and get some fresh air. He is gentle and kind and very accepting of help. I just hope we can help him to walk easier to make his life easier and happier.
DSCF1588.jpgprince.jpg
DSCF1594.jpgprince.jpg
DSCF1595.jpgprince.jpg
DSCF1597.jpgprince.jpg
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:goodluck.gif: Prince You so deserve to be out of kennels and in a loving warm home xx
xxlynne

Re: Prince Rottie DofB 01.08.01 Rugby, Warwickshire

Post by xxlynne »

Prince was very regal today in his welcoming his audience with grace. We eventually persuaded him to rise from the grass and walked to greet and was gently lift on to his soft throne to travel to his new home.

The homing trumpets blew as Prince drove away in his craddle of love & care with Julie & her parents who have always rescued and help Rottie over decades
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

How wonderful, love and respect to Prince’s new family and ofcourse to Prince too xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

Amazing and thank you xx
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

That's beautiful.
Rescue Remedies

Post by Rescue Remedies »

A lovely message from Julie. love4.gif

Well his lordship is here, fast asleep and snoring on his duvet in the sitting room. He travelled back really well, and had a drink and gravy bones at a pit stop. Both Prince and Beagley seem very relaxed and comfortable together, and they are both laid near each other zzzzzzz. OMG my rabbit called Elliot only came running over to see Prince, and when Prince lay down, Elliot only jumped straight on him, and Prince didn't bat a eyelid, or react to him at all. I forget about just how bold the rabbits are with dogs.

Twice so far, Prince has started making these really loud kind of talking noises, and I thought he wanted to go out, but he didn't and actually wanted a fuss, and rolled on his back to have his tummy rubbed lol, and then he managed to get himself over to me for another fuss, so I think he knows I am the person to go to. I must admit his back end is much, much weaker than I was expecting, and it is really difficult to get him walking and keep him upright, but don't worry, I'm on the case so to speak. I'm hoping that even just the change in his environment will help a lot, with being much warmer, and softer surfaces to get about on. I'm going to have a look on line tonight to find him a harness to wear on his back, that I can also hold onto, to support him and keep him upright, because with my own injuries I found it really difficult to get him back up once he had flopped in the garden, and was trying with loads of different things such as towels, and even a pair of my leggings, to slide under him, and then use to pull him up.

Prince and Beagley had biscuits while I had a drink when I got home, and then even Bob and Elliot (rabbits), wanted a biscuit as well and so the four of them all sat together eating their biscuits, with me supervising lol. He loved the chicken for his dinner, that I had cooked them this morning before leaving, and he ate a really good amount himself. I think he would have eaten more, and he is very thin bless him, but I think it might be better for him to have say four smaller meals a day, and build him up that way.

Lynne was delighted when I mentioned my friend who has a horse rehabilitation yard with a pool not far from me, and I think that when the weather is warmer, it would really help Prince to go swimming, to help build his muscles up, and so I have spoken to her, and she has said I can take him and swim him for free, between 1-2pm when they stop for lunch. There is also a fab heat lamp room they go in to dry of after swimming, and then they go into a massive loose box that is covered in sand to have a roll, and so I am really looking forward to taking Prince there and seeing how much he enjoys it. I will take lots of photos so you can see his antics.

I realise that Prince is very elderly and that I may not have him for long, but then again, people sadly loose puppies at a few weeks or months, and so we never really know how long we are going to have them for, but I definitely think there are still things worth doing for Prince, that will help his mobility, which will then enable him to do and enjoy life more.

So here's to Prince, and forwards and onwards to his new adventures x
Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

Thank you so much Julie for taking Prince home and a wonderful update :nicethread.gif: I met Prince the day Lynne brought him in and I have to say he is absolutely an amazing boy love4.gif :havefun.gif:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”