Gizmo Partially-sighted Staffie DOB 07-06 - 2017

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies_2

Re: Gizmo Partially-sighted Staffie DOB 07-06 Bicester Oxfor

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

Sylvia 25 Sep 2010 12:42 pm

hello everyone Gismo here,
As some of you may know I moved into my forever home on Wednesday & I am having great fun, I am running rings round my new family & enjoying every moment of it,
On Wednesday I fooled them both by making out that I am a good boy all the time & don't get up to mischief & do as I am told all the time, That is until bedtime came around, Sylvia went to bed first while Paul decided to settle me down for the night, no chance says I, Going to bed without me just isn't an option, Paul said absolutely no dogs in bedroom so I made him stay downstairs with me (he'll soon learn).
On Thursday I was up with the lark so I just had to get Paul up at the same time didn't I, even though he kept complaining that his shoulder hurt after spending night on sofa with me (serves him right) he took me for a good walk before he went to work, After that I was really good for Sylvia while we went out & about doing Sylvia type things.
Then at 5.30 Paul came home & I was really pleased to see him & he played with me for a while ( not long enough really but still need to give him time to get used to me), We all had our dinner then we went out for a really long walk to try to tire me out ( Ha no chance), Sylvia told Paul that Rachel my foster mum had phoned to see if I was OK & that she'd said they should let me go to bed with them, NO CHANCE said Paul, he should be worn out by now so he will be fine (he he he ).
Fast forward to Friday morning & after another night on the sofa Pauls shoulder is still aching & I've got a new name, Paul gave it to me, it's "Little Sh-t", do you like it ?.
Anyway to cut a long story short I spent last night on Paul & Sylvia's bed & we had a really good night sleep, Well except for Sylvia, she ended up in the spare room as she couldn't cope with 2 Snorers, Hey Ho that's life, I cant please everyone all the time now can I, Sylvia's going shopping today to buy some earplugs so I think that means I won, What do you think ???? :roll: :D
Rescue Remedies_2

SharonR 25 Sep 2010 12:53 pm

PMSL, sounds to me like they have been slam dunked Gizzy, well done that boy! Add people training to your skill set! :D :D :D
Rescue Remedies_2

MozartsGirl 25 Sep 2010 01:30 pm

Great to here news of Gizmo and how he's doing!! I remember that snoring well... :lol:
Looking forward to seeing some photos when you have time too. Love to you!
Rescue Remedies_2

Sylvia 18 Oct 2010 10:23 pm

I know its been a long time coming but Giz keeps us soooo busy we haven't had time to update.
Gizmo has settled in well & I am sure he knows that he will be here forever.
He does everything at 100 miles an hour and refuses to miss out on anything no matter how boring, he has only had one accident in the house and that was the day he arrived.
He now sleeps downstairs thank goodness as I don't think I could have stood his snoring for much longer, we are working very hard with basic training which seems to go well one day but he forgets everything he has learnt by the following day, I swear he is a Labrador in disguise.
And I know he cant see very well but he never ever misses the cat, we cant seem to stop him chasing him, the poor cat sleeps in the downstairs loo now & his food is in there as well, we leave the window open in there for him & have put a cat flap into the hall so at least he can come in & get upstairs to get some peace,
Giz is constantly sticking his head through the flap to see if he is in there, Any advice on this would be gratefully recieved.
He is full of mischief & keeps us constantly on our toes, then he will snuggle up & look at you with his teeny weeny eyes rolling around trying to get you in his teeny bit of vision & acts like butter wouldn't melt.
Even with all this I don't think we have EVER laughed so much, Giz is an absolute delight and we cant imagine ever being without him, We are totally in love.
We do have photo's & will try really hard to get some up in the next few days.
But until then Thankyou RR for giving us the opportunity to share our lives with him by saving him in the first place
Sylvia & Paul
Rescue Remedies_2

adlersparker 19 Oct 2010 07:41 am

What a lovely update. So happy Gizmo is doing well, is he still on the bed :lol: hope you have some earplugs.
Rescue Remedies_2

MozartsGirl 28 Oct 2010 05:06 pm

I just got back from a long trip to Australia this morning...trying to keep my eyes open...saw this update on my dear friend Gizmo & it made me SO happy!! Thanks Sylvia & Paul for letting us know. Pictures would be wonderful, when you can. Sorry about your cat (Baby?) Alice used to do the same to my old cat...I just took heart in the fact that cats are so adaptable & get out of danger quickly! Hope the sleeping downstairs is going well, I remember my nights on the sofa with him so well, bless him. So happy that you're all in love and getting on so well. Special stroke to Giz & love to you xx :lol:
sylvia taylor

Re: Gizmo Partially-sighted Staffie DOB 07-06 - 2017

Post by sylvia taylor »

by sylvia taylor » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:23 pm

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Our darling partially sighted Staffy Gizmo who we got from Rescue Remedies in 2010 died on Sunday 01 October Almost out of the blue in the morning He started panting a lot so we took him to see the emergency vet & they carried out scans, x-ray's & blood tests, (he was so good they didn't even have to sedate him). They couldn't find anything obviously wrong & he didn't have a temperature so they put him on antibiotics & he came home. At 10 pm that evening his breathing got worse so we phoned the vet again & they said to take him outside in the fresh air to see if that would help & he just died in Paul's arms.
We are both devastated & we don't know what to do with ourselves, Gizmo was our darling little man & we don't know what happened, it was so unexpected & we keep crying, the house is so empty, we were both brought up with dogs & have had rescue dogs for years but we have never had a Staffy before & I can Honestly say he was the best we have ever had.
We miss you Gizzy
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

by sweetpea » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:55 pm

So sorry for your loss and what a shock for Gizmo to go so quickly.....take comfort in knowing he wouldnt have suffered and passed away at home ecompassed with love ....huge hugs for you xxxx
Run free at rainbow bridge dear Gizmo smiley-sad010.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

by xxlynne » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:22 pm
Gizmo9.jpg
gizmo8.jpg
I remember Gizmo so well. When I took him to the vets to have his cherry eyes operated the vet I used then called me when he was under GenA to say yes Gizmo has cherry eyes but he has very little sight as his is myopic ie tiny eyes from birth. 'Im not sure it is fair on mine to bring him around from the Gen A. My mind immediately went to my own Staffie Mackie who was very challenged physically, and with his eyes also. I discuss his predicament with Dee and we both agreed we coulkd do it find him a home who cared for him. We found that home but also before so discovered he has impaired sight but was able to manage.

Thank you for caring for him Sylvia and Paul these many years ...so sad he had to leave you
Ladylou

Post by Ladylou »

I am so, so sorry to hear about your boy but thank you for giving him the home and love that you did. Run free Gizmo. love4.gif love4.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”