Dayna (Gaynor) Rottie DofB ?2007 - May 2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
SarahW

Dayna (Gaynor) Rottie DofB ?2007 Wimborne Dorset

Post by SarahW »

Oh this is wonderful news. I met Dayna a couple of times at John's in New Romney. She is a dear sweet dog and I am so glad she can now enjoy home comforts in her own forever home. So pleased for all. :thanks.gif: :thanks.gif: :thanks.gif: :havefun.gif:
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
gsdlover

Post by gsdlover »

Fantastic news woo.gif]
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Perfect woo.gif]
Bandit&Dayna

Post by Bandit&Dayna »

Hello everyone. Well we've modified her name because I kept saying it wrong, so she's now Dayna :D Two hour drive home and she was brilliant until 15 minutes away and was sick and horrified with herself bless her. Bit of an upset tummy, but not surprising. 5 Days in and it's like she's been here forever. She is an absolute poppet. She seems to love Bandit and he considers her an annoying sister :dog-75.gif: But both really settled now. We've been out for quite a few walks and she's really relaxed, jogging along on a long lead. We put her in a muzzel, which she is fine with so she's been able to say hello to a few other dogs on the walk, she really wants to play with them all. She tries to make Bandit play with her by play jumping and then runs around the garden, she just makes me smile all the time. We are completely in love already and so please you recommended her to us. love together.gif]
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

Wow what FANTASTIC news! So happy for the wonderful Dayna .... thank you so much Ruth and Gary and, of course Bandit for giving this great big hearted dog a proper home and a happy life ahead! :thanks.gif: :goodjob.gif: :havefun.gif: woo.gif] :goodluck.gif:
xxlynne

Re: Dayna (Gaynor) Rottie DofB ?2007 Wimborne Dorset

Post by xxlynne »

Dayna is a wonderful name for a wonderful girl. So pleased you have joined the Forum all smiles here love4.gif
Bandit&Dayna

Post by Bandit&Dayna »

Hello All, well it's not even 3 months yet and Dayna has well and truly made herself at home and we love it love4.gif . Even Bandit thinks she's not so bad now, well sometimes, just like any brother and sister. Although she's older she's like a hyper little sister to him, follows him everywhere, but is independent too, she's happy to go into another room to sleep or out in the garden on her own. It's great to watch her wander around the garden, she even gets a gallop going on occasions and finally did a half roll yesterday. She has started going out with our dog walker twice a week with one or two others and she loves it. These are both dogs we have know for about 3 years and well behaved. She's allowed to run with her long lead on the ground and when in the closed in field she chasing up and down with them. Bandit and his mate play fight. They got excited wresting and barking, so Dayna gets in between them and barks (she never barks) and both just stepped back like naughty boys, soo funny. Bentley and Dayna both had muzzles on (not Bandit) so was safe, but there was no malice there, just told them off woo.gif] we now know who the boss is. Our walker is also a trainer and is doing a clicker course, so is taking Dayna for recall training, under the banner of teaching old dogs new tricks, so that will be interested. I never got the hang of clicker training, but I'm sure Dayna will enjoy the extra attention and treats. I could talk about her for hours, she just gives us so much pleasure. I've added some pictures, she's building muscle well, but can't get the hang of steps, doesn't ever seem to have grown into her feet, just as well we live in a bungalow.
fb64.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
Pack on the prowl
Pack on the prowl
Showing of their coats in the snow
Showing of their coats in the snow
Waiting for end of walk treats before getting in the car
Waiting for end of walk treats before getting in the car
Dayna at the back
Dayna at the back
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

She looks amazing :thanks.gif: :goodjob.gif:
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Wow amazing photos. She looks so well . Thank you x
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Wonderful to see and hear about the lovely Dayna (Gaynor) and to learn that she and Bandit appear to be getting on well together. Thank you for giving her such an exciting life and an ability to learn new commands and experiences with her dog walker/trainer. I do hope her benign tumour has disappeared totally now....it was almost gone when she left here at the beginning of the year.

Best wishes to you all from us all in New Romney

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”