Dayna (Gaynor) Rottie DofB ?2007 - May 2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Dayna (Gaynor) Rottie DofB ?2007 - May 2018

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Gaynor7.jpg
Unfortunately we have said goodbye to our beautiful Dayna this weekend. The cancer she'd been carrying for a long time eventually travelled to her lungs and she could no longer fight it. Although she has only been with us 3 months she is going to leave a big hole in our lives. Right up to the end she was making me smile. I am so grateful to have had her, she brighten my day, everyday. Ruth & Gary and Bandit
Dayna.jpg
Dayna's thread below:
Gaynor59.JPG
Gaynor's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a North London council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Gaynor is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Gaynor was in foster to build her weight up and latterly was mixed with other dogs in the house. Gaynor is now in boarding kennels awaiting her new family.

On arrival

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Gaynor's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Gaynor47.JPG
Gaynor57.JPG
Gaynor's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Adam in Broxbourne asked us to help Gaynor who was found stray in a dreadful state
Skin & Bone
Skin & Bone
Dull awful coat
Dull awful coat
Enlarged backside
Enlarged backside
Bones showing thru coat
Bones showing thru coat
Sad... tearful on meeting
Sad... tearful on meeting
Lovely temperament
Lovely temperament
nhelyer

Re: Gaynor Rottie DofB ?2007 Gatwick Kenns

Post by nhelyer »

Oh bless you Gaynor [cry.gif] ... But safe and loved now in the RR family xx
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Heartbreaking, poor little girl [cry.gif]
Thank god for RR
Toops

Post by Toops »

Poor little girl, how can people be so cruel? You're safe now Gaynor and will know nothing but love.
The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. Samuel Butler
staffylevi

Post by staffylevi »

As in the words of Gloria 'Gaynor' you will survive...!! Gaynor you will flourish and blossom with all the nurture and love you are going to receive from your new RR family. Welcome lady! love4.gif
Doin' it for the staffies ...
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Poor love. You will soon be in better health and flourish in the care of RR. Xx
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Bless her heart. How can people live with themselves? :welcome.gif: to the family Gaynor. Plenty of TLC coming your way sweetheart love4.gif xx
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Gaynor spent the day with our vets yesterday. They diagnosed a vaginal tumour which they dont think they can/ is wise to remove. Our vet Mark is going to spay her on Thursday and said once her hormones settle the tumour should shrink down. John Fowle & Sylvie is going to take her home after the her op. and provide her TLC over the next few weeks.

She is much more settled already and laid a soft stool on return from the vets which was a celebration factor for me as opposed to yellow liquid. She is eating well and receiving visitors with a lowered head to received gentle strokes.
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

I took Gaynor for a slow wander up to the poet's hut today, she's is an absolute darling. She loves having her ears tickled, gives gentle kisses, wasn't too keen on getting onto the sofa beside me but after I couple of invites I lifted her up and she accepted more rubs and strokes. The fact that I could lift her shows how underweight she is. We strolled back to the kennels and on the way she spied one of the kennel cats, total focus on it so probably not for a cat friendly home!
Toops

Post by Toops »

I met this little love in her kennel today and it broke my heart and I just wanted to cry. She is so shy and gentle but we did share some lovely cuddles and she gently leaned her head on my chest for more love. Bless her little heart, she certainly didn't deserve what has happened to her. [cry.gif]

So glad to hear that John and Sylvie are going to be taking her home with them. :thanks.gif:
The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. Samuel Butler

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”