Jenny Staffie DofB ?2005 - 02.05.18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Jenny Staffie DofB ?2005 - 02.05.18

Post by xxlynne »

Jenny26.JPG
Sadly so sadly Jenny had become increasingly frail and had trouble getting out of her bed over the last 48 hours. Today her family were with her when she was given Peace... sadly missed by her family and canine companions
Jenny.jpg
Jenny's thread below:
Jenny's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place. Jenny has now been spayed and found to have pyometra (womb full of puss which is often fatal). Now chipped and fully vaccinated. Jenny is an older lady who has just had mammary tumours removed and a lump on her leg. Jenny is now in foster with a lovely welcoming Mastiff

Jenny playing the cough at the end is because she has a tube down her 2 days ago when she had her lumps removed

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Jenny's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Jenny39.JPG
Jenny13.JPG
Jenny40.JPG
Jenny's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 14th Aug 2017: Adam who runs a pound in North London asked us to help Jenny. She came into us 16th August 17 and went into the vets 17th Aug.
jules

Re: Jenny Staffie DofB ?2005 Oxted Spay Recovery

Post by jules »

Welcome Jenny, lots of TLC coming your way to help in your recovery. love4.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

This was the first time Jenny had been in the paddock very excited and laboured in her breath. The vet found her to have pyometra when she spayed her the next day. She is settling now in weekend foster..
Jenny5.JPG
Jenny4.JPG
Jenny3.JPG
Jenny1.JPG
Jenny2.JPG
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I collected this darling girl from the vets yesterday afternoon, she really is a heart stealer, to try and imagine what she's been through of late in particular and then to see this happy go lucky and happy go licky sweet sweet girl who adores people and seems totally unperturbed by other doggies, wow dogs are amazing love4.gif

Jenny was a big hit at the vets and it was the end of the day when I got there and the vet nurse had been giving Jenny some fuss when I arrived, well Jenny didn't want to leave !!! I tempted her outside and we shared a nice journey home and Jenny was delighted to explore the garden, still a bit woozy and wobbly but very happy :D

After a snooze she started to feel more herself and enjoyed her dinner (she needs feeding up bless) and I got lovely snuggles sat on the sofa :smiley-gen132.gif:

Little miss perfect over night, a teeny little girl who makes the most lovely snuffly staffie noises, she is perfectly house trained, not a single accident since her arrival, loved her brekkie this morning and easy to give her her meds hidden in some naturediet ! She really is such a happy girl, here's a video of her happiness and her waggy tail thumbs.gif

She came with me to the kennels today and rested in the shade in the large crate in Charlies car - plenty of opportunities for short walks and lots of cuddles with all the walkers, good as gold, I can't fault her love4.gif
Jenny delighted in arriving home this afternoon and we enjoyed some fun time in the garden that's when I took the video above, sitting down for a cuppa I was showered in staffie love and kisses when I sat on the sofa ! She's sleeping now next to me on the sofa and looks so content - angel13.gif]

We're going to have a lovely weekend love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Time for some photos of this sweetheart, definitely young in spirit is this gorgeous old dear love4.gif
IMG_7326.JPG
IMG_7327.JPG
IMG_7328.JPG
IMG_7329.JPG
IMG_7331.JPG

She was a sleepy head when she arrived home from the vets on Thursday, recovering from her op and anesthetic ...
IMG_7313.JPG
IMG_7314.JPG
IMG_7315.JPG
IMG_7316.JPG
Bed time !
Bed time !
IMG_7318.JPG
And cuddles/snoozes after my day walking the other dogs at the kennels :D
IMG_7319.JPG
IMG_7320.JPG
IMG_7321.JPG
IMG_7322.JPG
Then enjoying the evening sunshine in the garden love4.gif
IMG_7323.JPG
IMG_7324.JPG
IMG_7325.JPG
Jenny was great again overnight and is definitely a get up late kinda girl ! Think she would have lazed forever on my bed this morning ! But get up we did and post brekkie snooze and then enjoyed a sunny walk before jumping in the car and heading up to my folks near Milton Keynes.
IMG_7332.JPG
IMG_7333.JPG
IMG_7334.JPG
Jenny travelled brilliantly up the motorway and has thoroughly enjoyed having 3 humans at her beck and call rather than just me !!!

Love this sweet darling, such character and spirit for an oldie, Jenny epitomises the happy staffie :D
Heart fill with love.gif]
Precious2003

Post by Precious2003 »

Just reading about this gorgeous girl, I hope she gets a warm loving home. I can just tell she is a sweet little soul. Thank you Lynne for rescuing her she is gorgeous xxx angel13.gif]
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I can't say it enough, Jenny is such a sweet happy girl, she exudes love and happiness and makes us all giggle and smile :D be it her waggy tail, her big staffilicious infectious smile, her bowed back legs, little happy hop with her rope toys, staffie chatter or more of a chunter !! or her sweet dreams leg twitching, love is written in her eyes and all over that beautiful face of hers love4.gif

Jenny had a toy box awaiting her at mum and dads and with the lovely sunshine we spent some time in the garden, the rope toys were her fave thumbs.gif
IMG_7339.JPG
IMG_7335.JPG
IMG_7336.JPG
IMG_7337.JPG
IMG_7338.JPG
IMG_7340.JPG
IMG_7341.JPG
Smiling :0)
Smiling :0)
Cuddles for me, the first photo after a face full of kisses xxx love4.gif
IMG_7343.JPG
IMG_7344.JPG
IMG_7345.JPG
love4.gif

We went to a local garden centre for a cuppa this afternoon, Jenny travelled in the back with me and loved watching where we were going through the middle of the front 2 seats !
IMG_7346.JPG
Good as gold wandering round the garden centre and sat on my knee in the cafe, a small pup a couple of tables away, both dogs so very well behaved and paid no attention to each other, instead focused on loving their people :D Jenny got a fuss from one of the waitresses which ofcourse she lapped up ! Very proud of you Jenny love4.gif :goodjob.gif:

Jenny has hardly slept all day and it caught up with her in the car on the way back to my folks...
IMG_7347.JPG
That is until she found another toy she rather liked and then went on to de-fluff it (it was already half de-fluffed !!)
IMG_7348.JPG
IMG_7349.JPG
IMG_7350.JPG
But sleep did finally win over zzz zzzzz zzzzzz love4.gif
IMG_7351.JPG
IMG_7352.JPG
IMG_7353.JPG
IMG_7354.JPG
Cuddle with my dad :0)
Cuddle with my dad :0)
IMG_7356.JPG
love4.gif angel13.gif] love4.gif
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Jenny love4.gif Gorgeous girl. Looks like she is having a wonderful time with you Sarah. Let's hope that her stay in rescue will be a short one :crossfingers.gif: xx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Found a few more pics from my phone...

Jenny on the way up to my folks in the passenger seat thumbs.gif
IMG_7362.JPG
And saying hi to my mum...
IMG_7363.JPG
IMG_7364.JPG
Instant hit on both parts !!! Mum gives very good back scratches says Jenny :D
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Jenny rather likes Mum and Dads sofa, it's a reclining sofa thumbs.gif
IMG_7365.JPG
Lots of room she says and her head doesn't fall off the edge like on mine !!!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”