Zayla Shar Pei 2008 - 2.2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Zayla Shar Pei 2008 - 2.2018

Post by xxlynne »

26th February 2018: Today we mourn Zayla's passing into Peace
ZaylaDuke25.JPG
Zayla & Duke's Story : Found stray/abandoned in an evicted flat with their puppy. Puppy homed by the receiving kennels: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place after 1 year in kennels. Zayla & Duke are now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Zayla & Duke arrive into our care Saturday 21.1.17

Zayla and Duke are your typical husband and wife, they are a lovely pair of dogs that deserve to find their forever home after being left abandoned in a council property, nobody is 100% sure on how long they had been on their own before they were rescued!! They share a bed in their kennel and love each other dearly. We feed them separately on complete biscuit, they love to run in our enclosed fields and come back when called (once they have finished doing what they want lol) both dogs are fully vaccinated, flea and worm treated, neutered and micro chipped, we really need help with finding these guys a home. As much as it breaks our hearts to try and move them on, nobody has shown any interest in these dogs for a long time (months and months) it's not fair on them,they are really not good with cats xxxxx Lucy
ZaylaDuke41.JPG
PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Zayla & Duke's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
ZaylaDuke28.JPG
ZaylaDuke60.jpg
Zayla & Duke's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 29.12.16: These 2 dogs were abandoned in their home by the original owners, they had their puppy with them at the time also. The responsible council took ownership of them, when they changed the locks on the property, meaning that the rspca couldn't therefore get involved. Social Services then placed them at a boarding kennels and after a certain amount of time we're going to put them to sleep through no fault of their own. The kennels disagreed with this and tried and tried to find them all homes, the puppy was the only successful dog. Zayla & Duke have shared a kennel together for over a year waiting for a home/ Rescue place though some Rescues have tried to find them their home. They have been neutered and vaccinated. Louise x
Zayla
Zayla
Duke
Duke
xxlynne

Re: Zayla b. 2008 Duke b. 2011 Come to Gatwick Saturday

Post by xxlynne »

RosC

Re: Zayla b. 2008 Duke b. 2011 Gatwick Kennels

Post by RosC »

When Zayla and Duke arrived there was quite a welcoming committee waiting for them! Lucy put their leads on and out they hopped. We were greeted by 2 really lovely, friendly dogs. Zayla in particular was very affectionate and gave me lots of kisses. Duke seemed more interested in his new surroundings. Ben and Andrew were waiting to take this pair for a walk so harnesses on and off they went. (Hence no photos)
Apparently they were both very well behaved although more interested in the new sights and smells rather than their walkers which is understandable really given it was their first look around (no offence meant to Ben and Andrew lol.gif )
They are a really devoted pair and I think will be very popular with the walkers so hopefully not long to wait for photos and you will all see how gorgeous they are :please.gif: They both have squidgy little faces and Zayla even has little wrinkles on her tail - so cute love4.gif
RosC

Re: Zayla 2008 Duke Sher Pei 2011 Gatwick Kennels

Post by RosC »

Me and Sarah walked Zayla and Duke today. They had their eyes done yesterday so were both wearing the dreaded cones which we managed to make a real fuss about taking off lol.gif Both dogs were very patient though and didn't mind us being near their faces even though their eyes were tender. They both seem to enjoy a good stroke and cuddle love4.gif
When we had finally got them harnessed up we set off and I have to say they are really well behaved dogs. They did pull a little at first but this soon wasn't a problem. They potter along together, Zayla went straight under the stiles but Duke, even though he is much smaller, had to have a think about the best way to get through!
We only met one dog whilst out but they did not react to her going by so appear to be quite sociable. in the kennel block they took no notice of the other dogs when we went in and out. They really enjoyed being out and about on their walk.
Back in the kennel I had the task of getting the cones back on again which seemed easier than getting them off! Duke just stood there and let me work out what to put through what. Zayla was not quite so keen to have it back on again but with the distraction of a couple of treats it was on without a fuss.
Lovely pair who are very close to each other but it is clear that Zayla wears the trousers :D
Zayla on the left and Duke on the right
Zayla on the left and Duke on the right
IMG_0929.JPG
I think Zayla knew I had treats!
I think Zayla knew I had treats!
xxlisaxx

Post by xxlisaxx »

Me and Stu took Zayla and Duke out today what an adorable duo, they still had there cones on but didn't make a fuss when we took them off, really easy walking them through the kennels. They pulled a little at the start but soon calmed down away from kennels. We bumped into Barry and Timmy Tim on the way back with no problems they just had a look then walked straight on. Back at the kennels we thought we would have trouble getting their cones back on but with a little encouragement with a sausage it was easy peasy, what a delightful couple xx
Lynds

Re: Zarla 2008 Duke Sher Pei 2011 Gatwick Kennels

Post by Lynds »

sooo squooshie!
sooo squooshie!
These two are so super cute and a real lovely couple.
We have walked them for the last two weeks.
They are both so soft and gentle.
From the back Zayla reminds me of a lioness and Duke is like a little squooshy fox. I really look forward to seeing them. Even when they have cones on...
Part dogs, part lampshades...
Part dogs, part lampshades...
Tim

Post by Tim »

Managed to take a quick photo of these two lovelies just as they were going out on their walk
DSC02848.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

This devoted couple have just had their eyes done. Entropian eyes are endemic with Shar Peis and poor Zayla & Duke are currently in the thick of their recovery. They were kennelled together as they are so devoted to one another, however both their eyes have become infected so sadly yesterday Zayla had to have her eyes redone and is on strong antibiotics, a very large Buster collar and separation. Duke goes back to the vets today as his eyes are infected but fortunately the wounds have not opened up as Zayla.

Hopefully over the next 2 weeks they will heal and be able to share again in the mean time they will share walks and their kennels are are next to each other with a long visual grid so they can feel as close as they can be.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Duke's eyes were examined by our vets yesterday and they cleaned them up, removed his stitches and he was soon riding in Stuart's car heading back to kennels. Duke has been separated from Zayla to allow her eyes to heal. Steve offered us 5 days foster for one of our dogs and now has Zayla relaxing at home having lots going on taking her mind beyond missing Duke and her painful eyes. Our gratitude to Steve...but then we know the pleasure is all his... and hers
Zayla35.jpg
Zayla49.jpg
DS Rees

Re: Zayla 2008 Duke Sher Pei 2011 Gat Kenn Temp West Molesey

Post by DS Rees »

Zayla is having a lovely relaxing time. She loves relaxing on the sofa and her walks along the river too.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”