Ruby Red (Sherry) Staffie DofB ?2007 - 2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
jules

Re: Sherry Staffie DofB ?2007 Surbiton Temp Foster

Post by jules »

Thanks Niki for keeping her out of kennels. Lovely update showing us all how good she is in the home. She really does deserve her forever home, fingers crossed that it comes soon. X
Niks

Post by Niks »

Saturday afternoon for Sherry has consisted of a nice walk, a pate filled Kong and snoozes on the sofa (rather on me!!) with her best friend Belle.

IMG_4012.JPG

IMG_4011.JPG
Davidoneill

Post by Davidoneill »

IMG_0124.JPG
One of the nicest dogs I have ever met. I didn't know anything of Sherry's history before meeting her on Saturday. What I can say is that I spent a couple hours with her and she is a great dog and even better company. We took a gentle walk - by gentle Sherry although on a lead never once pulled on it. Amazing. Even if I stopped she instinctively stopped herself - without the lead even straining - I have never known this before - and by the end of our trip shes was walking by my side.

Having read previous posts I am so pleased to say that Sherry seems to have gained energy since being fostered by Niks :goodjob.gif: - and what better compliment can there be to know that Sherry was ambling quite happily for well over an hour. We stopped by a picnic table for half an hour or so and Sherry showed that she really enjoys human company (including listening to poetry). She does not jump up, she merely leans against your legs alternately, and after you get to know Sherry she likes to walk as close to you as possible - not in front or behind but by your side.

Oh and with regards to other people and dogs, Sherry takes it all in her stride - there was a labrador that came running straight at us from 50 yards - false alarm it was simply returning to its owner. No reaction. Same with children.

I cannot speak highly enough of Sherry - she is a lovely companion and has so much to offer and definitely deserves a forever home.
IMG_0116.JPG
Niks

Post by Niks »

Since we got home after her lovely long walk Sherry has been snoozing happily with her little friend Belle...So far only getting up for her dinner which she gobbled down before sneaking upstairs for a cheeky lay down on my bed!!
During the last week or so Sherry has found a new lease for life and her personality is shining bright- she's such a fun dog and a joy to be with. Her energy levels have increased and she seems to enjoy a little sing song and dance around the kitchen - She is such a happy girl!
Sherry is so so easy in every way... it occurred to me a couple of days ago that I am yet to hear her bark! Whoever gets to adopt Sherry is going to be very lucky xx
IMG_4146.JPG
IMG_4145.JPG
Davidoneill

Post by Davidoneill »

Lovely pictures - I didn't hear her bark either, but her tail was wagging a lot and she has no fear of mud! 0093.gif
jules

Post by jules »

Lovely update on Sherry, oh and that last picture with Belle - cuteness overload. Thank you for showing what a good allround girl she is. What a top companion she would make. Come on forever home she's waiting for YOU. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Niks

Post by Niks »

Sherry and our staffie Merlin are relaxed in each other's company now!
Here's a few pics of Sherry doing what she does best!! Xx
IMG_4179.JPG
IMG_4178.JPG
IMG_4177.JPG
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Just wonderful! Obviously Sherry has tremendous dog skills to make your staffie feel relaxed around her. On first meeting her, I was bowled over how easy going she was. Absolute darling.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Lovely photos, especially like the middle one of the 3 amigo`s! love4.gif
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Reserved, gorgeous girl. Who wouldn't want you? :goodluck.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group: