Max Pynn Patterdale 1.6.2005 - 12.12.2015

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Max Pynn Patterdale 1.6.2005 - 12.12.2015

Post by xxlynne »

Max 1/6/2005 - 12/12/2015
MaxCody.jpg
MaxCody.jpg
I was always a cat person until you came into my life at 4 months old. You didn't have a great start in life and you had your issues but we loved you completely.
You suffered more than your fair share of poor health including major back surgery last year.
You were always Mummy's boy and gave so much love. Your eyes said it all. Your Dad loved you too even though his favourite name for you was Dog!
The girls were 10 years old when you came bounding into their lives. You really did grow up together.
Our home is empty without you. Your beds are still out, I cannot bear to move them.
The love you gave us is beyond measure. The way you would rush to greet us when we came home, the way you followed me around the house like my shadow.
Life is going to take some getting used to without you Buddy.
Thank you for being my best boy.
Your Mummy loves you Fiona (Max & Cody's Mum)xxx

Half of my life was spent with you and I am so thankful to you for making me feel so happy. Before we got you I wanted you every year, you were my birthday candle wish, and the numerous letters I left on my parents bed asking for a dog just like you.
There are no good enough words to describe how truly special you were, nor how adored you were; not just by me, but your whole family and everyone who got the pleasure of meeting you.
You have been so strong, especially since your serious op, and I am so proud of you, but now its time for you to rest in paradise, you deserve it.
You will always be in my heart and I will never ever forget you, I promise.
I love you so much Max
Georgia xxx

When Mum and Dad told me we were getting a Patterdale pup, I was so excited! I was thinking of all the toys he could have, the adventurous walks we'd have and imagining all the fun times we'd enjoy, now with our 5th member of the family.
However as time passed and our little pup grew into a handsome devil, I started to realise having a dog was not what I thought it was.
It wasn't just about having a companion, or a dog to go on walks with, it's about a dog giving you something to love, and someone to care for, and adore, and for you to feel like you would do anything for them, no matter what.
We sure did this for bear! I don't know how many dogs get hand fed ice cubes!
Maxy Mouse was definitely one of a kind,
The way he showed you affection was like no other,
The way he'd touch the back of your leg with his nose when you were preparing his food.
The way he used to greet you at the door, everyday he would give you the warmest welcome.
The way he would kick his leg, when he was lying down, as if to say "ADORE ME!"
Over the years max you have taught me so many life lessons, I thought a dog could never tell, but the hardest lesson you've taught me was how to say good bye.
The truth is I've spent hours trying to put my feelings into words, and its not possible to explain to anyone how much we all loved you.
Max you were my brother by blood, my best friend and the best dog I could have asked for.
I hope you're getting all the leg thing a dog can ever need up there!
May you rest in peace Buddy, you will remain in my heart.
I love you Max
Chloe (Zach's Mum)xxxx
xxlynne

Re: Max Pynn Patterdale 1/6/2005 - 12/12/2015

Post by xxlynne »

Max, you shone out as a special boy who captivated your family and kept them on their toes.

So sad you needed to leave but knowing you're always close
FionaP

Post by FionaP »

Dear Max
I can't believe it's a year today since you had to leave us. You had been so poorly with pancreatitis and while you were recovering your back started to fail again. You were in pain daily, we tried everything with the support of our lovely vet Jemma. We couldn't let you suffer anymore. Still feel so guilty, but to keep you going would have been unfair on you.
Thank you for starting our love of patterdales, we certainly learnt a lot from you, you were not perfect but nor are we and we made a devoted family.
You loved us with every ounce of your being and we adored you in return. Thanks to the love we had for you we now have Cody and Zach in our family.
Crying today because you are gone, smiling because you lived.
Love and remember you forever
Mummy xxx Candle.gif
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Anyone who has heard you talk about Max, or has read what you have written about him, can see the love you all have for him even though he is no longer here with you. The imperfections that all of us have are what makes us interesting and are what teaches us to love and accept difference. Your loss of Max brought Cody home and opened a space for Zach to find his home. Both of those things are a lovely epitaph for Max.

Glass raised for all of you in East Kent tonight.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
FionaP

Post by FionaP »

Thank you for thinking of us yesterday David, and for your beautiful words
FionaP

Post by FionaP »

Yesterday would have been my boy Max' 12th Birthday. Think of him often and still miss him so much
FionaP

Post by FionaP »

Dear Max
Two years ago today we made the heartbreaking decision to let you go. Think of you often, you were my gorgeous boy, my first dog and my buddy. So sad you had to leave when you did. Having Cody back in our lives has helped enormously but there is still a Max sized hole in my heart. Love you buddy xxx
Max 2nd anniversary 2.jpg
Max 2nd anniversary.jpg
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Thinking of you and your family Fiona. Little Max was obviously so loved and the apple of your eye. Losing a dog is heartbreaking and goes on for such a long time because dogs give us endless joy and unconditional love in a way only a dog owner can experience and enjoy. xxxx love4.gif
FionaP

Post by FionaP »

Thinking of you today my lovely boy, three years since we lost you.
love you always
Mummy xxx
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Sending lots of love Fiona to you and your family xxx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”