Tom Pickle 2002- 2016

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Moonflete

Tom Pickle 2002- 2016

Post by Moonflete »

image.jpeg
Back in 2006 I made the journey down to Dorset to meet a young farm Patterdale that needed rehoming. We did the meet and greet with my GSD and mini schnauzer in torrential rain before heading home to consider whether we were right for him. Well, we were, and Tom joined us aged 4 as a young lad who was full of the joys of Spring and loved life. He also loved my garden, sneaking under the bedcovers and clearing my gate to take himself off on trips around the woodland in which I live! He loved his life here, his agility sessions and hay making time when he got to ride on a friends tractor. He also loved watching me train a friends pony and ratting in their barns! A country boy through and through he kept everyone entertained, had a mighty feisty side, but a real softy at heart.

Sadly the past 2 years he struggled with a compromised immune system and sporadic demodex which at times made him rather bald and down. Amazingly, I managed to control things with herbs and diet so that minimal drug & chemical intervention was needed. Slowly his sight and hearing left him but he still pootled round, enjoyed his food and really until his last day lived happily and pain free.

On Monday 18th July, very sadly he gave me the signs that it was time for him to leave this earth and join my other 4 legged friends over the bridge. Run free Tom, and love life over there as much as you loved life with us all here. 0028.gif
sweetpea

Re: Tom Pickle

Post by sweetpea »

Bless him ....he sounds like you gave him the perfect life ......
Run free Tom Pickle whole again over rainbow bridge Kiss of love.gif
Hugs for the family you have left behind bighug.gif
xxlynne

Re: Tom Pickle

Post by xxlynne »

TomPickleHomed.jpg
Tom Pickle was a magnificent Patterdale...admired by all a terrier gent to his paw tips. Ali I feel for you and your pack... You have lost 2 of your treasures Tom Pickle and Eddie over the past 15 months...very very hard to come to terms with other than what a wonderful Journey they had with you a precious life and safe in their old age to protter out their days

Some earlier pictures
Tompickle3.jpg
Tompickle2.jpg
TomPickle.jpg
Moonflete

Re: Tom Pickle 2002- 2016

Post by Moonflete »

One of my favourite pictures of Tom with Minxy & Gertie taken in Feb 2014.
image.jpeg
Moonflete

Post by Moonflete »

Happy Birthday Tom, you'd have been 15 today. We all miss you, but have a party and eat cake over the bridge with all your 4 legged spirit friends. xxxxxx
0028.gif love4.gif
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Thinking of you xxx
nina

Post by nina »

Lovely photos of a special little man. love4.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”