Benny Staffie DOB 2004 - 2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
johnfowle

Re: Benny Staffie DOB 2004 TunbridgeWells Foster

Post by johnfowle »

Benny has changed out of all recognition in the time he has been here. He didn't like other dogs too much and told them so....now he just keeps out of their way and when they do get too close he just turns the other way. He was very arthritic and limped quite badly, now he charges up and down the hall, jumps up in his excitement to go on his walks and appears to be a really happy boy. He walks well on a lead, finds cats irresistible, but loves meeting people. He enjoys his own "space", but is perfectly happy to settle down quietly beside you for the evening if you invite him to join you.

He does deserve his own home....please consider offering him space in your household.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

What else can I say about Benny that hasn't been said? He is definitely my special boy, welcoming me every morning just after 5 with a big yawn and a loud sigh....as much as to say "Is it time to get up then??" But he's ready for breakfast, a brief period in the car of about an hour while I feed the rest of the residents, and then a journey for his first walk of the morning starting just after six. He loves his walks, always on the look out for cats and squirrels, but never over excited by them when he spots one!!

He likes his own space, but not the point of being antisocial or unsociable, walks away from any altercation and sits politely for his treats. He's a lovely boy....why have I still got him???? why is he still in rescue???? Surely, somebody is looking for a elderly gentleman who appreciates a warm, comfortable bed, a brisk walk with lots of interesting smells and two meals a day....not asking much....is he????
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

I don't understand why Benny is still in rescue. In the time he has been here....and it's quite a while now....he's a different dog. He's gentle, always enjoys his walks especially when there are cats or squirrels around, he has a great relationship with his walker and, for an older dog, quickly learns a new routine....currently, I put him into a bedroom upstairs to allow access to the garden through his "normal" room before we all go to bed....within two days he has been bounding up the stairs and settling down on the bed for about half an hour, and then it's back to the dining room where he has a special duvet on the table which he climbs onto by way of a dining chair which has been strategically placed so he can get up in stages!!!

He is such a good boy....I've said repeatedly that he likes his own space, but that doesn't detract in any way from his friendly character or his willingness to please.
Tim

Post by Tim »

We popped over to TW this morning and bumped into Benny just going out on his morning walk:
A friendly ol boy :)
untitled.jpg
untitled-4.jpg
untitled-5.jpg
untitled-2.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Benny had his annual booster yesterday. He was a very good boy in the vets, bless
Mark Brentwood

Post by Mark Brentwood »

What a gallant looking fella Benny is.
Sunna

Re: Benny Staffie DOB ?2004 TunbridgeWells Foster

Post by Sunna »

What a gorgeous lad Benny is!

I had actually looked through almost all of his posts and pictures when I realised he's 10-11 years old, I thought he was only 4 or 5, seems so jolly and lively and full of cuddles. Whoever ends up homing him will be a lucky person indeed, you can tell from all the lovely posts about him :)

Good luck with finding Benny his forever home, this lovely gent surely deserves it....
MichelleB

Re: Benny Staffie DOB ?2004 Brentford sleepover

Post by MichelleB »

After having the pleasure of spending a couple of days with the beautiful Diesel I dropped him off at Johns yesterday,,,,thank you so much John, it was so lovely to meet you and Tracey.

I was then lucky enough to collect Benny for an overnight stay before I drop him off for his little break.

Well, all I can say is wow! Benny is an absolute babe,,,,such a chunky monkey, he came out of his room full of beans, he's such a friendly little boy, he came straight with me and popped in the car no problems. We had a one and a half hour journey back and I can honestly say, he's the most well behaved dog I've ever had in my car. He made himself comfortable on the back seat with me, then it was paws up and snores all the way home.

Once inside he was very eager to check out his new surroundings, trotting around with great enthusiasm, he certainly has a bounce in his step, sniffing out every room on his way. He loves a treat and takes them sooooo gently.

Considering I had only just met him, I was amazed at how friendly he is, I laid down on the rug with him and he wouldn't let me stop stroking his belly, he rolled over on his back and if I dared stop, he popped his head up and gave me a little kiss on the face to encourage me to keep going! He has the softest fur, his coat is in wonderful condition.

Then he was up on the sofa with Richard asking for more cuddles,,,,,didn't take him long to find his spot and nestle in between his legs for another snooze.

Such an easy boy, with great spirit, I also can't believe he is still in rescue, someone is missing out big time.

Got up this morning and went into the garden to investigate all the smells, then back in the living room rolling around on his back for 10 minutes.

Benny is a joy, I can understand why john loves him so much...here's a few pics to show you how quickly he settles in.
In the car......
In the car......
Waiting patiently for a treat,,,how could anyone resist
Waiting patiently for a treat,,,how could anyone resist
Cuddled up with me on the rug...
Cuddled up with me on the rug...
Belly rubs please....
Belly rubs please....
Don't stop
Don't stop
Benny Does a lovely sit
Benny Does a lovely sit
Up on the couch....
Up on the couch....
image.jpg
Snuggling up...
Snuggling up...
image.jpg
johnfowle

Re: Benny Staffie DOB ?2004 Acton Holiday

Post by johnfowle »

Have a great holiday, Benny. We all look forward to welcoming you back here next weekend.

Thank you to Michelle for transporting him to Acton and to Tom and his family for giving him this break.

Lot of love from the Mob in T Wells
Mark Brentwood

Re: Benny Staffie DOB ?2004 Acton Holiday

Post by Mark Brentwood »

He looks like he is enjoying his hols , Benny is my most favourite dog I've never met and I'm a real softie for a pensioner Staffie. He just looks so adorable.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”