Winnie Staffie DOB 2006 - 2017

In loving memory ...
xxlynne

Winnie Staffie DOB 2006 - 2017

Post by xxlynne » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:52 am

Current Status: Homed
Winnie4.jpg
In February 2015 we adopted the lovely Winnie (Staffie X) from you. In September 2016 she had to have 6 mammary tumours removed and the Vet told us that the cancer had spread and they did not expect her to live beyond Christmas. However, she made a remarkable recovery but in September 2017 the cancer returned and she started to deteriorate. On 28th November 17 we had to admit defeat and have her pts. Missing her terribly Lynn & Bob
Flower78s.jpg
Winnie needs:- a quiet home with a family who are not over demanding and can offer Winnie companionship. Winnie has a slightly nervous demeanour and can whine when travelling and prefers to travel next to you. Frightened of loud noises. Has lived with a young child for a spell. Has lived with a cat for a week. Prefer to be only dog. Winnie enjoys a secure garden to exercise in and play with her toys.
NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Winnie was surrendered into another Rescue. Her owner died and relatives took her in for a week and she lived with3 adults and a crawling infant and a cat. Winnie is now spayed, chipped and fully vaccinated. Winnie is currently in boarding kennels in Godstone.

About Winnie :Winnie is a winner. She is calm and generates a close bond with those she is with. Here a few fosterer's 'ticks' Does not climb on furniture/beds unless invited; Does not bark; Will sleep downstairs all night and is very quiet; Exceptionally obedient - has recall, understands commands such as "sit", "stay", "wait", "lay down". Easy to harness - virtually puts it on herself! Very gentle on the lead - stops when she feels the slightest bit of tension on the lead. Takes treats very gently. Will not chew anything unless given to her (we left boots, slippers and flip-flops around and she didn't touch them)

Winnie is a slender frame brindle and white Staffie cross, who has bred from repeatedly in her past. Concerned over abruft intros with dog but on the whole settles in other dogs company. Her family will learn to keep her relax but also read any tension when meeting other dogs. Easy to manage providing her family are attune to her 'slightly frightened / apprehension with the new. She relaxes down totally in the familiar.

Visit Winnie 's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for £175 donation at the time of adoption, as we can't support so many dogs without funds. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Winnie23.JPG
Winnie2.jpg
Winnie88.jpg
Winnie10.jpg
Winnie 's Thread below: Watch steady progress within our loving care.
Original Referral Details: Hi Lynne, Thank you so much for the earlier conversation, we massively appreciate your help, Winnie is a firm favourite amongst us here and would hate for anything to happen to her so we are all very grateful. I’ve attached a picture so you can get an idea of what she looks like. Winnie is about 8-9 years old we think, neutered and up to date with her vaccinations and flea and worm treatment. She has a vaccination certificate etc.

Winnie is a lovely affectionate girl but does have a sensitive side, she has obviously not had much exposure to the outside world and this can lead her to being worried around other dogs and cause her to be defensive. She isn’t looking for trouble and is easy to walk on the lead. She cant live with other dogs and will need owners who understand dog body language and know when she is worried. She is terrified of loud noises, thunder etc and will try and hide, usually outside if possible and it takes time for her to recover.

She has had a rough start to life and has already had a few homes but is coping well here at our Rescue centre and is an angel in her foster home. If you have any questions let me know, give me a shout when you’d like to collect her so I can get everything ready and make sure her foster carer brings her in for the day. Thanks again, Rescue Centre worker

xxlynne

Re: Winnie Staffie DOB 2006 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Winnie came into our care today. I had the pleasure of meeting her fosterer who works at the Rescue centre and she was so pleased winnie was coming to us and have to best chance of a home. She is toilet trained and adores people and her confidence has grown a great deal over the past 8 months.

Winnie is friendly on encounter and walks alongside other dogs who she trusts well. She walked with Bruno and they met nose to nose and both smelt each other appropriately. She did a low 'grumble' when he was a bit bold and Bruno heeded this and they carried on walking together. She loved the children on the walk and has been around children and really enjoys their company.
BrunoHome1.jpg
BrunoHome3.jpg
BrunoHome4.jpg
Only thing is her cuority did lead her to plop into the river and I panicked as I lost site of her but like a big catch I fished her out on the lead..and she proceeded to shower me with the river for the next few minutes! Welcome Winnie you have come into our Rescue with a Splash

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:43 pm

I met the very gorgeous Winne today and walked her. She does not like it in the kennels and is very scared but once out she settled quickly and was a delight to walk. she was very curious and investigated everything. Was perfect when the 20 odd cyclists went past and lots of people she was very happy to be petted. She understands sit and wait and we sat for a while together watching the boats and she loved it and came and lay beside me - she kept looking at me and I cuddled her lots. She didnt like going back in the kennel but hopefully she will settle there soon. She is wonderful I love her. :smiley-gen132.gif: :biggrin.gif:

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:00 pm

I absolutely ADORE Winnie. I have walked her again this morning. We went for a really lovely long walk, she enjoyed every minute. We met lots of other dogs, people and cyclists again. She was so happy trotting along and watching everything. She is so well behaved. Winnie really does not like going back in the kennel and makes you feel bad because she starts crying. I gave her lots of cuddles before I left. She is one gorgeous dog who would make a lovely pet in someone's home. A firm favourite of mine already. xx :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-love014.gif:

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:25 pm

Winnie never ceases to please. She is obedient, happy, trots along at her own pace on a slack lead and takes everything in on our walk. I really do adore her, she loves people watches the activity on the river and sits next to me when we take a break. She loves her sausages and sits and gives a paw for it. We met some lovely people on the walk on the towpath today who petted her and asked about her and commented on what a super dog she is. Thank you Winnie for such a long lovely walk in the sunshine today. xx :smiley-gen132.gif: :biggrin.gif:

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:58 pm

Winnie continues to please and is so easy to walk. She does not like larger dogs than she is, Laura and I tested her with the newbie Lavinia who is large!!! Winnie growls and is not happy with larger dogs but with any other dog, person, cyclist, jogger, anything she is a delight. She loves Timmy and keeps him in check when walking, her maternal instincts. I love her and she is just wonderful. Walk her with Timmy and see. She enjoys her walks and takes interest in everythign taking it all in. :smiley-gen132.gif: Gorgeous gorgeous dog xx

Dani

Post by Dani » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Today was my first walk with Winnie, can quickly see why she is favourite here. In kennels she is very timid and has a worried look. I took her out for a walk along the canal and wasn't long till I felt smitten by this girl. She does relax into her walk and loves a good sniff along the grass. People and other dogs didn't seem to bother her at all.
Love to see this girls name in the rehomed section :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

SallyJ

Post by SallyJ » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:40 pm

Fostered Winnie last weekend for one night and while I was told she was a docile eight-year old, as soon as we got to my flat, she found a tennis ball and wanted to play. We went on a long walk in the afternoon to the common tennis courts, where we both sat quietly together watching the games being played! Back at the flat, she did whine a little when she wanted to go out - her way of telling me she needed to go to the toilet - and once out, she was a good as gold on the lead, not pulling at all and not terribly bothered by other dogs we met en route. During the evening, her whining did continue a bit, but I've been told that is 'Staffie chatter'. She loves to talk! She didn't sleep on my bed - the sofa provided a comfortable place to rest for the night! And while she was at first a little nervous in my car, she did eventually settle and curled up on the front seat for the journey. A beautiful dog, with a gorgeous coat! And beautiful brown eyes! A calm companion who so deserves a loving home.

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Well what a beautiful day Winnie and I chose to have a day out on Friday. The sun was shining and once we got going Winnie had a smile on her face all the time. We stopped off first at Broadwater Lake and had a very leisurely stroll around the lake. Winnie was watching all of the ducks quietly and not wanting to chase them she was very intrigued. Half way round we met some geese and one of the geese started hissing at Winnie, you can see from the photo that they were having a good check out of each other!! Winnie did not try to investigate further and was not scared. There were so many fishermen and people walking round and so many petted her and wanted to know about her. She took it all in her stride and loved all the attention. We met so many dogs and she was perfect and loved a Scottie Dog that wanted to come and join me on my walk! She walks beautifully, investigated every nook and cranny and just looked like she was having the time of her life. We sat for a while and had a nice cold drink of water and then went off to meet my friend and went for another walk around Eton - she loved it and just wanted to keep walking and looking at everything, she saw a squirrel but had no intentions of wanting to chase it. She was on the slack lead all the time and again we met lots of dogs with whom Winnie was so friendly with. The only thing she does not like is dogs bigger than her! We finished off visiting the Manor Inn and sat in the garden for a lovely cold drink and watching the people milling around. She was watching the children playing and a parent came over and asked if their child could stroke her, again Winnie stole the day and was just perfect. I absolutely adore this girl and if I did not have two of my own already I would have her without a doubt. She doesn't like going back to the kennels and made me feel guilty but I gave her lots of cuddles. She is the easiest dog and willing to please and just oozes love back to you. My special girl. I hope you like the photos. (These will be put on tonight I need to resize them and I need my husband to do that as I am not sure how!!!) xx :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-dance017.gif:

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:02 pm

What can I say other than I have already said about Winnie. Walked her on Saturday and Lee took Gina. They were the perfect pair. We met an 8 month old Pointer Puppy and Winnie's motherly instincts automatically kicked in and she immediately started mothering him. The dog's owner was so taken with her behaviour. We told her all about RR and Winnie and she admired Gina too, but said she already has the two dogs. We had a fabulous walk Winnie just does everything expected of her, she is so friendly and obedient. As long as you are aware she is not keen on dogs larger than her then no problem, although she only growls she does not want to hurt. We had lots of cuddles before she went back into the kennels. SO then I went back on SUNDAY to take this gorgeous little girl out for a few hours. She recognised me straight away when I went to her kennel, her tail wagging and giving a lovely little "hello" whine. That made me so happy. We went into the paddock to see how she liked that and well she turned into a puppy. She played ball, kept running up to me and having hugs and I swear she was smiling. We then went on a beautiful long set of walks. She behaved impeccably and when I sat down to give her a rest she sat either on my lap or right up next to me and kissing me constantly. I had as much of a brilliant day as Winnie did. Its hard taking her back to the kennels as she never wants to go but we have a cuddle and a chat on the bench outside for ten minutes before she goes in that usually settles her. I 100% adore this girl, whom I call my "baby girl" and if I did not have 2 dogs already I would have her as quickly as possible. (My husband is still not sure I am not going to take her in!!!). See you Tuesday Winnie. xxx :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-gen132.gif:

Return to “Rainbow Bridge”