Post by Rescue Remedies »

Current Status Homed
Pixie toy.JPG
Sadly dear Pixie had to leave Penny & Reg today... our thoughts are with them
Pixie.jpg
Pixie's Thread below:
Pixie head.JPG
Pixie stand.JPG
Homing Requirements: Pixie needs a family to stand by her and support her the next phase of her recovery from having a large benign growth which has been removed from her front leg. Pixie is social with people and dog and may live with another fluent dog or as an only dog. Pixie is mildly curious over cats so may settle in a home with a feline.

Video: Happy Pixie
Video : Pixie walking on the extender
Video : Pixie staffie chatter whilst rolling !!!
Video : Pixie having fun in the garden

Her Story: Pixie came from a Welsh pound.She arrived with a large lump on her leg and our vet removed it and she has made a good recover in 10 days foster. Pixie is now neutered, chipped and vax'd. Was in kennels in Godstone, waiting for her home.

Advert: Pixie pretty pedigree princess. Pixie smiles her way into everyone heart. She travels well, is housetrained, not over concerned with food. Comes on to furniture on invite unless you leave the bedroom door open whilst out! Such a gorgeous girlie.

Pixie is a brindle Staffie around 6-7 years young. She has lived with a slow growing untreated leg lump which became massive and our vet removed. She has shaken off her spay and major leg operation and shown she is made of gold. She is a little shaky on wooden floors as can slip so would appreciate carpet to roll on!
Pixie toy.JPG
Interested in homing Pixie? Please click to complete our on-line homing questionnaire so we can match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle.

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available to foster until its 'forever home' is found.

To find out whether this dog is still available, please visit Pixie's thread on our forum. For full details and daily updates on all our dogs available for homing, Click our forum link. Pixie is also featured on http://www.staffierescue.co.uk

***PLEASE NOTE: Our mission is to find every dog in our care its forever home. Our Rescue requests a minimum £175 donation for each dog at the time of adoption. These funds allow us to continue to help homeless dogs.***
Pixie.jpg
Pixie1.jpg
Pixie.jpg
Original Referral Details: 25th May 2014 Hi Lynne, Just in case you may have room!

We have 22 dogs to come out of the pound this week all overdue and 8 have to come out tomorrow or they will start to pts on Tuesday 27th May
Pixie2.JPG

We came forwards for 3 Fargo; Pixie & Jasper. Informed today they are being neutered and ready to travel Thursday 5th June.
Rescue Remedies

Re: Pixie Lickle Staffie DOB TBAss Godstone Kenns

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Pixie travelled from Central Wales yesterday 6 and a half hour journey into kennels. She had a lovely time in the paddock and rest, drink and meal then we jumped in the dog mobile to meet mark our vet for him to review the large ?fatty growth on her left front leg. Mark put her on antibiotics for a week and is going to remove it surgically next Friday.
xxlynne

Re: Pixie Lickle Staffie DOB 2007? Burgess Hill Temp foster

Post by xxlynne »

Dear Pixie went into our vets yesterday and her tumour was removed as best Mark could. It was extensive and was attached to the entire front leg. We feared it was cancerous (proved not to be!) and we will now wait to hear from the laboratory what type of cells it was composed of. Better it is off and out, and she had a lovely evening with SarahK last night. Mark reviewed her leg again this morning and is happy to leave the bandage off and let the air help the healing. She was pottering along next to Joab on her walk this morning, they really liked each other then joined Rocky the Patterdale. Pixie definitely gravitates towards dogs company and she does the classic little Staffie licks on close proximity.

Then there was Kim & Peter (Chapmania) offering her recovery until Thursday morning...manna from heaven to see Pixie settling in the back of the car with Peter and Kim waving good bye.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Chapmania thankyou thankyou thankyou for looking after lovely little Pixie as she recovers from her big op :)

She's such a lovely little girl, true staffie qualities. Here's some pics of Pixie-pie with her red bandage, she did so well last night and when back to mine after the vets she thoroughly enjoyed her time in the garden, soon working out the best way to be mobile with her front leg in bandage, amazing how adept they are, us humans useless in comparison !
DSC02889.JPG
DSC02891.JPG
DSC02895.JPG
DSC02900.JPG
DSC02901.JPG
Finally I persuaded her it really was time for a rest ...
DSC02902.JPG
DSC02903.JPG
Very sweet little lady indeed with excellent house manners I should add :)
100% on her house training yesterday evening, last night and this morning.
Lets me handle her bandaged leg no problem at all, very good.
This morning she was much more lively and enjoyed running around the garden ! I'd come up with a plastic bag over the bandage solution for the wet grass after the rain last night - not entirely successful, I would never make a nurse !
And indeed her bandage then slipped and came off completely, it was only a pressure bandage and today was when the vets said it needed to come off but I took the chance to check her wound with the vets with Lynne this morning and as Lynne says above, the vet was pleased with the stiitches after only a night and advised leaving the bandage off to aid quicker healing. Pixie then went on to enjoy some time with Lynne before being whisked off by her guardian angel Chapmania for some more tlc and recovery time, so delighted she has a family to take care of her, thankyou Kim :biggrin.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

With Jim and our 3 girls away for a few days, Peter and I decided to ring Lynne and see if there was a dog that needed a break for a few days as we had a dog free house!

Dear little Pixie was the most in need so we were happy to have her.

Pixie travelled very well in the back of the car with Peter, no problems.
Yesterday was quite a quiet day for Pixie as she was busy exploring her new surroundings. She soon made herself at home though and eventually settled for a snooze. Pixie is such a sweet natured little girl despite her terrible ordeal of being in the pound, a long journey into safety and then having to face 2 major operations. What I love about Pixie is her Staffie chattering, just simply adorable. We have found Pixie to be the most delightful house guest. Totally housetrained. Very, very loving and cuddles are her speciality. :biggrin.gif:

I took Pixie on a very short walk last night, aware of her stitches. She is a dream to harness and walks so nicely.

Pixie was no trouble at all last night, sleeping with me in my room.

Her wound was very weepy yesterday and overnight, but today it is much drier with the air really helping now that her dressing has been removed.

Our nearest park is only a 5 minute walk away so I took Pixie for a walk there this morning. We didn't go the whole way round as I want to be careful that she doesn't over-do it. I discovered that Pixie does not like cats one little bit.
20140615_101612.jpg
Pixie loves to have a roll.
20140614_140741.jpg
Having a roll with ragger
20140615_125500.jpg
20140615_125531.jpg
20140615_143412.jpg
20140615_143803.jpg
Although Pixie is not a great lover of playing with toys, she loved playing with the kong when I put a few treats in it for her. Pixie puts her paw up and will ask for a treat, no snatching.

All in all, Pixie is a super liitle girl and we are very much enjoying having her company. :thanks.gif: Lynne for allowing Pixie to stay!
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Pixie has been perking up since we first collected her on Saturday. She's settling in and her character is really starting to show. She's been much more playful now, rope toys seem to be her favourite.
pixie2014-06-17-02.jpg
My daughter has walked pixie for the past two mornings, she was excellent on the lead, but she does keep you waiting by insisting on stopping to have a roll when she feels like it! :biggrin.gif:
pixie2014-06-17-03.jpg
My 9-year-old grandson came over to meet Pixie last night, they got on famously, so no issues with children of that age bracket.
pixie2014-06-17-01.jpg
Pixie has been enthusiastically presenting her paw when she spots some food she'd like shared with her, and doesn't hesitate in backing her bottom onto you when on the floor, wanting some TLC.

During the day she's happy to play and equally is content to lay on the floor sleeping at Peter's feet when he's working at the computer.

Add in her lovely temperament and it's clear to see that Pixie is a wonderful dog who will cause no problems for any family who are lucky enough to give her a home. :) :) :)
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

It is the lovely Pixies' last full day with us and I am dreading taking her back to the kennels tomorrow. :smiley-sad010.gif:

Pixie continues to be the most perfect house guest. I cannot praise her highly enough. We adore her. :)

I took Pixie for a walk to our local nature reserve this morning. She walks very well and will wait until you tell her to cross the road. Surprisingly we didn't meet a single dog on our walk!

My daughter rang up after school and asked if she could take Pixie in the car to a park while my grandson and his friend went into the play area. Hayley said that Pixie was really well behaved in the car. Pixie was really good with the 2 boys and enjoyed having lots of fuss. Hayley and Pixie sat in the shade while the boys were in the play area. Pixie had a little snooze on Hayleys' lap. She so enjoys a cuddle.

Pixie is no trouble at all to have. She is so good. Completely housetrained. Will only go on the furniture if you ask her to. Very sweet nature, somebody is going to be very lucky to have her. I will be most envious!

Believe it or not, today was the first time that Pixie has used the basket in the kitchen. She is sound asleep in it now, dreaming that her new home is not far away.
20140618_184431.jpg
20140618_184451.jpg
20140618_184554.jpg
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

pixie2014-06-19-02.jpg
pixie2014-06-19-01.jpg
pixie2014-06-19-03.jpg
It was a sad morning for the Chapman household today as I had to return Pixie back to the kennels.

We really enjoyed having the delightful girl to stay. There are no negative comments to say about Pixie at all. As we never left her, we are unable to say what she'd be like if she were to be left in a home on her own for a short time. I think she would be fine. She is an all round super girl.

Anybody looking for a loving, calm little girl then look no further. :biggrin.gif:
Sarahk

Re: Pixie Lickle Staffie DOB 2007? Oxted Temp foster

Post by Sarahk »

We managed to work it with charlie and sue's help to keep this little girl out of kennels and after a dinner stop at Charlie's, I was able to collect her this evening and she's now at home with me until Monday :biggrin.gif:

She's watching the second half of 'the' match, note sure she's that impressed...
Pixie79.jpg
Pixie70.jpg

Really not that impressed !!!! "Yawn, when are they going to score". (Blimey they just did !!!!)
Pixie76.jpg
Cheeky girl :)
Pixie75.jpg
Sarahk

Re: Pixie Lickle Staffie DOB 2007? Oxted Temp foster

Post by Sarahk »

Pixie sends her love :smiley-love029.gif:

Some fabulous news today, Pixie and I popped to the vets to check on her wound this morning, he was very pleased with how it was healing but thats not the best news, the best news is that the sample they sent off has come back and it was a benign slow growing growth that was removed so we needn't worry now :D
We celebrated with some cuddles and treats :smiley-gen132.gif:

Such a sunny and warm day today I decided to leave Pixie in the cool kitchen today as I headed out to walk at Gatwick - left her with some treats and a kong filled with treats - very good girl, seemed to take it all in her stride and off I went. Back just under 3 hours later and she was relaxing on one of her blankets, very cool calm and collected - she hadn't quite mastered the kong though, most of the treats were still in there !!!

We had a lovely time in the garden, Pixie mooching around and then zooming around, she made me laugh as she did a little lamb like jump off my decking onto the lawn (only 1 step but she seemed to enjoy it a lot !).

I had contempllated taking her with me dog walking at Godstone in the afternoon but decided she would definitely be more comfortable at home and again, good as gold and calm as anything when I said byeeee. I'd left her in the kitchen where it was most cool.
I've got wooden floors downstairs and she'll occasionally slip and with the wound on her leg I've wanted her to be very careful, so as the stairs are wooden too I carried her up and down last night at bedtime and this morning. Seems I needn't have worried, as I came in the front door this afternoon, this little sleepy head appeared at the top of the stairs !! I don't think I closed the stairgate that was on the kitchen door so she'd let herself out of the kitchen and snuck upstairs and from the big dent in my bed, she'd snuggled down and made herself very comfortable indeed ! :D

Super girl, nothing out of place, I think she'd thoroughly enjoyed the rest on her own in the house so thats another big string to her bow, no problem being left for 3-4 hours :)

Once again, she was delighted to stretch her legs in the garden on my return ... stretching her legs upside down is her speciality !!!
DSC08687.JPG
DSC08690.JPG
DSC08694.JPG
From rolling position to upright...
DSC08681.JPG
She has the cutest of faces and a lovely button nose, very endearing and very loving :smiley-love014.gif:
DSC08697.JPG
DSC08696.JPG
DSC08699.JPG
We enjoyed a short walk round the block, Pixie walks like a dream on her lead and very good as standing still for her harness to go on to, super super super girl, she's been crashed out on the sofa next to me for the last hour or so xxx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”