Ringo Staffies DOB Feb 07 - April 18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Ringo Staffies DOB Feb 07 - April 18

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Jan 06, 2010 5:37 pm
RingoMarch.jpg
Ringo We are so sorry for not being able to relieve the depth of sorrow you carried with loss of your mum Margaret... you died of a broken heart...truly loved by all
Ringo.jpg
Ringo's thread below:
Homing Requirements: Ringo needs a staffie family ..and they will delight in him he has the best attributes of what makes a staffie a treasured breed. Meets dogs nicely outside, instincts to welcome and play, but doesnt like dogs running into him so he wears a muzzle where off lead dogs are. Ringo is more interested in people than dogs. Easily managed on lead. Old scar on his side which isn't a fight scar (tend to be on the head and neck occas. hind legs) poss caught on something- no other scars. Secure garden and exit management like with any terrier eg gates not left open.

His Story: Ringo was found stray in Ireland. It is difficult to home staffies in Ireland due to rented property not allowing Shepherds; Rotties or Bull breeds. After 2 yrs in kennels a rescue approached us and we took him in and gave him his best chance. Ringo is a brindle staffie with charming pointed ears. A friendly, calm and loving character. Neutered, chipped and fully vax'd. Ringo was homed and paired up with Barney but very sadly their owner died and they have become homeless again Sept 17

Advert: Ringo is a handsome staffie who is gentle, kind and dotes on people. Here is part of his report having spent a day out of the kennels "We met a few other dogs around and Ringo was slightly interested but no real problems, and very keen to meet people. He seems to know 'Sit' and happily did it several times for us. He's got a lovely nature and his tail was wagging furiously whenever he ran up to us. In a short time he'd changed from the crazy energetic dog we got out of the kennel into a much more settled companion who enjoyed his walk and loved being around us."

He is a charmer and really has to be met to appreciate how his sharp ears just dont suit his soft character. If you've had a staffie before, Ringo will be top of your list for sure. Yes people appeal and he is clean in his kennel so housetraining shouldnt take long to kick in. Sadly Ringo had difficult beginning but staffies do! Landlord dont want dogs in their houses; family members dont come forwards for a staffie and most rescues would rather not help a staffie. Their loss! Ringo is gentleman to be sure - firm favourite!

Please visit Ringo's thread, in Staffierescue Rescue Remedies on our Forum
to find out more about his and follow his progress.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/ so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

Ringo's thread is below: Watch Ringo's progress
hi we are a rescue in the west of ireland (with a no kill policy obviously) i am contacting you in desperation to see if youk can help find a forever home for our ringo. he is about three years old and has been with us for two. He was brought in in a poor state - bitten and scarred but such a loving boy. Typical staffie lick us to death loves playing ball and tug of war. He gets depressed sometimes despite having two walks a day and lots of cuddles. He shows no aggression to the dogs in the kennels beside him although we had an incident not long after he arrived when he caught a lab coming through a narrow gate..just nerves. We have had a couple of staffie bitches very young and he has enjoyed their company but he generally walks alone with us playing ball.

We love him to bits but he has no prospect of ever finding a home here in the west of ireland anyone who has been interested has been the type to want him to back up the hard man image.

having read your website and cried over it many times, i wondered if you could possibly help Ringo. If you could take him for us we would bring him over he is fully vaccinated and wormed and neutered i know it is alot to ask knowing how many you are trying to save from death row as you are a staffie or staffie x rescue he may stand a chance of someone chosing him. I am attaching some pics of him to us he would seem totally staffie but you will be able to tell from his pics I can phone you to have a chat about him if that would help

Keeping our paws crossed ann
chinquest

Re: Ringo Staffie DOB Feb 07 Copthorne

Post by chinquest »

I thought I would try and recap a little of Ringo's lost thread.

Ringo spent 11 months under RR's wing looking for a home, he's nature made him very popular with walkers but for some reason not to rehome but then a walker came along who was looking for a dog and Ringo worked his charm. It helped that one morning the kennel staff arrived to find not just Ringo waiting patiently at his kennel door but Tizer by his side (Tizer now co owner of Mrs. P). I was that walker and was hoping to adopt a second dog later.

So one snowy day early in December 2010 I found myself walking to the kennels to fetch Ringo for a couple of days, Ringo was delighted I gave him a toy and
Video: Ringo in the snow I swear he knew he was home, it wasn't the first time he'd had a chance to run in my garden but it was the first time he'd been quite so enthusiastic!

I was ill prepared had to make a makeshift bed
but no matter he claimed the chair as his own

A couple of days later on the 6th December we signed his adoption papers, I had found my dog :)

At some stage in his life Ringo had been taught some manners, if I was preparing food he would/will sit in the doorway, quietly and hopefully waiting! If I eat at the table he has always gone to his bed (or chair) unfortunately his actual table manners are not quite so good and to this day he still can't resist getting on the table, the minute my back is turned, to check if he can steal anything :oops:

Ringo claim to fame was at RR's first funday, with the speed of lightening he stole a hamburger out of a childs hand :oops: word had got back to our stall even before we had!!

He has funny little ways, he tells 'things' off
Video: Ringo versis the soup bowl

He loves walking in the company of other dogs,
with his mates Sammy and Henry
he hates offlead dogs getting over familiar and panics thus after a few upsetting incidents he is to be found wearing a muzzle on walks particularly if there is any danger of meeting offlead dogs.

Ringo has very good hearing, he can be heard to be grumbling late at night and sure enough a little while later his adopted brother Barney will screech out of bed to the window as a fox will invariably be walking down our road. He also has a sharp sense of smell, albeit sometimes delayed he'll suddenly stop on a walk and need to go back 10 yards for a good sniff.

His sense of direction is a little off. I'll never forget the first time Vicky threw a ball for him and Sammy, she threw Sammy rushed after it and Ringo rushed in the wrong direction. This happened twice before he managed to follow the ball!

Ringo did really well at training classes and passed his Good citizen bronze award with flying colours.

I had an awful lot of help when Barney entered our home, they've had their moments but are now bestest mates
ringobarney2.jpg
Love this boy
ringo2.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Thankyou Margaret, a lovely read and 2 very lucky boys :)
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

By chance Roxanne (she was admiring his charms ;) ) and I bumped into Margaret and the lovely Ringo in the village yesterday. Super boy and lovely to read your post Margaret :)
nina

Post by nina »

I love Ringo and his cheeky face shows in the very first picture. So glad you have managed to put together a thread for him. He is and always will be a very special boy xx
anne

Post by anne »

Ringo loves to entertain.......................
Video: Ringo
gsdlover

Post by gsdlover »

I'm really glad you've managed to ressurrect some of Ringos thread too :) I guess all that matters are that both Ringo and Barney are very happy boys and much loved :D

Didn't think it would be long before you and Debbie bumped into each other :)
lexiedhb

Post by lexiedhb »

Ringo and the gang....... from a few years back

chinquest

Post by chinquest »

Thanks Lexie, is that Hughie I see in 2nd photo?
lexiedhb

Post by lexiedhb »

Yeah it is!! :biggrin.gif:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”