In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Arnold AmBull Dog DOB 2007 - 2017

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Jul 05, 2009 5:14 pm
Arnold89.jpg
Arnold10_1.jpg
Hi Lynne,
It's with great sadness that I tell you, Arnie gained his wings yesterday. He had been bad for a few weeks, but yesterday he collapsed twice in the morning so we had to make the heartbreaking decision to give him peace. Finally reunited with his big sister, Tess,
Regards,
Sue. xxxx
Arnie83.jpg
Homed
Homing Requirements: American Bull dog with great temperment. Has lived with dogs, cats, people and children. Quiet character who is affectionate but quite reserved, has lived with children but very dog savvy, fine with respectful visiting children fine. Not to live with resident male or small furries. Needs a home with a fluent bitch as he loves canine companions, or as an only dog. Could live happily with cats.

His Story: Found stray. Proved himself to be a superstar with ourselves and was fostered with a family in with a bitch. Currently kennelled. Neutered, vax'd and chipped.

Advert: Arnold has beauty and his spirit shines brightly. Gentle, sensitive soul. If your know the american bull dogs you'll know how wonderful he is. He is 3 years old. He is fluent with most dogs but will occassionally assert himself over a dominant male. He is proven to live with respectful children. He is noise and sudden movement sensitive with response to retreat. Everyone who meets him connects with their heart seeing what a overtly gentle and caring soul he is.

Arnold walks well outside and loves to be with other dogs. Arnold is an off lead dog and will meld in a pack. Fine on lead also, around general traffic. Loves the car. He understands sit, come; stay and lie down. Housetrained. Fine being left. Cat, chicken and livestock friendly, but not small furries. Arnold is such a joy and we want the best for him and able to give a thorough handover of his needs and care. He needs a family to love him and has so much love to give.

Please visit Arnold's thread to find out more about him and follow his progress.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/r7x3s5/ so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

Arnold's thread is below: Watch his progress through our rescue

Arnold has arrived. We dont know where he will go..he is very nervous in kennels. We will neuter him on Tuesday!
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Arnold AmBull Dog DOB 07 Balham SWLondon

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 by xxlynne

The rescue that had come forwards for Arnold have decided they won't take him :( . We all love him so although financially and spacewise it is very difficult for us, inwardly the feeling is delight to help him :lol:

Arnold has lived with another dog but both were unneutered and after 4 months they both got hyper excited with visitors arriving and tussled with Arnold catching the other dogs ear. The family kept him without separating him but felt better not to risk a more serious fight. Neutering would have sorted that problem! They kept for 3 weeks waiting for a place to come up for him.

We neutered Arnold yesterday so now he is ready for his home as he is vax'd and chipped. He was adored by the vet staff. Calm yesterday but not nervous. In fact he has stopped the trembling he had done when he first came to the kennels. Emma put him through a cat test this am and he passed with flying colours as we 'almost' knew he would.
Image Image
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 by newie244

I took Arnie out yesterday, he was very nervous in the kennel, he let me put the harness with no problem. Out on the walk he was very good on the lead, no pulling, happy to walk alongside me.
He was nervous of vans passing us, not so much cars, but the vans were noisier, at the halfway point I made fuss of him, he wasn't too keen about the water bottle.
A lovely boy who needs some serious attention and fuss to bring him out of his shell.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 by lydia

I do love a nice looking Am Bull!! What a cutie! xxxxxx
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 by emmasemple

Arnold is finally cheering up! :D

Since arrival he has been shaky and weedy and scared of all around him, but this morning he has proved that he IS settling and has even started to eat his dinner up as soon as he sees it. :)

He had a bath today as he was a bit grubby and even this didn't put him off of his food and didn't cause any regression...

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 by DVJ

Wonderful to see this lovely boy happy..I walked him last weds and he was so timid and scared...I was in tears at his kennel..have worried about his unhappiness ever since...as the video shows..I didn't need to...hes livened up no end!!
Dawn
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 by EmmaSemple

Yep! He just got brave and we threw him in the bath! Dogs are so forgiving though and he didn't hold it against us!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 by Rachel

Well as everyone who has seen me recently will know I have fallen hook, line and sinker 4 this dog. When I first met him he made me realise how much dog owners annoy me with the exception of say 5 % It is so good that dogs do not hold grudges like people do or lets face it none of these dogs would be able 2 get a new home. Lucky for us they don't an that means dogs like Arnold can come out of their hidden little world an greet us with waggy tails and bouncy bodies :D go Arnold!!!!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 by xxlynne

Arnold went into foster today. Everyone who has met Arnold has fallen truly and deeply... warning VERY HOMEABLE
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 by xxlynne

Arnold has found his pack we hope. Here he is with Wendy who fell for him big time having been looking for her 3rd rescue. Her first rescue was one of Jess the Staffie's pup via Joanne (Jess was found preXmas 07 on a London street being given away pregnant and close to birth.)

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”