In loving memory ...
mod2

Re: Stevie Staffie DOB 25.02.04 Rochester Kent

Post by mod2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:12 pm

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 by Stevie'sMum

Some pictures of our recent visit to Cornwall

Rolling on the cliff above Falmouth

Looking out towards the sea, just before going for a dip

Snoozing after the trip to the beach - with a smile on his face!

mod2

Post by mod2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:13 pm

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 by ClaireG

A year since the best boy trotted off to his happily ever after, still makes me grin from ear to ear!! Christmas kisses to you Stevie boy xoxoxoxo

mod2

Post by mod2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:13 pm

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 by Stevie'sMum
ClaireG wrote:A year since the best boy trotted off to his happily ever after, still makes me grin from ear to ear!! Christmas kisses to you Stevie boy xoxoxoxo
yea

Hi There!

I'm going to post a full update on Sunday - his actual 1st gotcha day, but I was very touched that you remembered my little man and were still thinking of him.

Stevie sends kisses too, well he would do if he wasn't snoring on the sofa next to me!

Love Marion

mod2

Post by mod2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:14 pm

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 by Stevie'sMum

Hello everyone, an update on Stevie. I cannot believe that it is a year ago today since my boy came dashing in through the front door and secured his place on the sofa and into my heart.

At first he howled when left, but he's got out of the habit. He must still be a bit stressed on leaving, though as he does protest pee still. I've spent this weekend washing curtains and cleaning everywhere in the living room to try and get rid of the smell. I've tried a cage, but he is too frightened to go in it. It was still unused after a month - the granddaughters loved playing in it and, although he loves them to bits, it still didn't entice him in. Anyway, the theory about not peeing where they sleep doesn't hold with Stevie as he pees on his bed in the living room! Anyway, as exasperating as that is, I still love him to bits.

He makes me laugh everyday. At 10 at night he insists on going out for a wee (see he does know to go outside, the little blighter!) and then, if I don't make any signs that I'm off to bed, he goes to the living room door and pointedly looks towards the stairs! Once the door is opened the next thing I see is his little bum disappearing up the stairs. He always beats me and is the first one on the bed!. We then have a tussle over who gets the major share - guess who wins every night!

I'm getting more relaxed on walks since he was attacked, but this is a high density dog area, so I'm still wary when out (especially as we've had a couple more incidents with dogs dashing out from front gardens). Our main walk is at 5 am and most of it is along major roads where I feel more confident that there won't be off lead dogs. We run along past a speed camera, but we've never had a photo taken. We both blame the short legged person on the other end of the lead!
Our route goes past Pets at Home, but they're closed so Stevie tries to leave his calling card on the corner of the building - there must be lots of other doggy smells on there!
We see lots of wildlife - this morning we rounded a corner and Stevie came almost nose to tail with a fox. I don't know who was most startled!. Fortunately, Stevie thought twice about chasing, and the fox took the opportunity to turn tail.

The following picture was taken earlier in the year when it was light, but shows my usual view when we are walking!

Recently I bought Stevie a new bed (after another bad bout of protest peeing) but he preferred his old duvet. So I've got him a new duvet and cover and the bed has been relegated to the bedroom, just in case he gets fed up sleeping with me - fat chance!

I just love his white bib - makes him look like he's wearing a dinner jacket! Sorry he doesn't look very happy in the picture, but that's his photo face!

We are off to Caterham for Christmas - he's been a big hit with my extended family and I think I only got invited cos I would come with Stevie!

I know Stevie is so grateful for all your hard work with him whilst he was in your care for all those years, but he does love his creature comforts here and I'm so glad he doesn't have to spend a cold winter in kennels. I feel so sorry for those that do, but at least they are safe.

Stevie has just woken up from a little snooze on the sofa, come over to me for a cuddle, then off to the chair - he does like to move around, even if it's not too far!

Stevie and I send Christmas greetings to everyone and hope that you, and all the kennel dogs have a really good 2014, with them finding their forever homes soon.

Much Love, Marion xxxxxx

mod2

Post by mod2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:15 pm

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 by SharonR-Admin

Another RR mascot paying us a visit on the forum at Christmas - makes for a special time of year. Lovely to know that he is happy and has you wrapped around his little paw Marion! xx

mod2

Post by mod2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:16 pm

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 by Stevie'sMum
SharonR - Admin wrote:Another RR mascot paying us a visit on the forum at Christmas - makes for a special time of year. Lovely to know that he is happy and has you wrapped around his little paw Marion! xx
Sharon, he indeed does have me where he wants me! I know I'm too soft, but I can't be mad at him when he brings me one of his toys as a present when I arrive home. It always brings a lump to my throat because I remember that, in kennels, the only thing he had to greet visitors with was his food bowl so he used to pick it up and present it to them. So sweet and touching. He now has a toy lion (whose mane is looking rather less dense than when my granddaughter gave it to him!) and a teddy bear as well as some well chewed bones.

Marion xx

mod2

Post by mod2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:16 pm

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 by Bud

I have just had the best day...ever....went to see Stevie....he lives down the road from me....how cool is that....I love this boy and can I say what an awesome job Stevie's mum, Marion is doing. he looked so happy and so content. His coat was so shiny I sware he been washed in that shampoo from the advert with the woman who's name I cant spell....he sat on the settee next to me and Marion, sleeping, snoring and chewing a bone... we have promised to meet up and go for walks together, well I think I forced her but hay I need that Stevie fix...so look out for more updates...oh and I do believe she volunteered to help me and Sue (cutie crew) with the boot fairs....No...ok maybe I made that bit up....

mod2

Post by mod2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:17 pm

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 by Stevie'sMum

We were both really pleased to see Nikki on Saturday. I don't know who was more chuffed to see each other, Stevie or Nikki. I'll leave you to judge!

Thank you again for the advice and the chat. More than happy to help fundraise, Nikki and to walk with you!

Love Marion xxx

mod2

Post by mod2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:17 pm

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 by Stevie'sMum

hello1

Hi Everyone, just to let you know Stevie is 10 today!!! We've been to the butchers and the liver cake is in the oven for later. I'll post some pics of the day later this evening.

Love Marion xxx

mod2

Post by mod2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:18 pm

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 by Stevie'sMum

Stevie's day stated off by supervising the workmen refitting my bathroom. We then had a trip out to the butchers-

Stevie's favourite shop where we got the liver for the cake

Next we went to Pets at home for a new collar and some bones

Just managed to stop him peeing over a display of dog biscuits!

Then a walk and back home to make the cake

I was supervised by Stevie of course!

Blowing out the candle -

Inspecting the work done by the plumber -

And Finally Stevie gets to chew on a bone!

mod2

Post by mod2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:18 pm

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 by Stevie'sMum

We were out for our first walk as usual early this morning when my ankle went from under me and I fell with a wallop onto the pavement. Stevie was a little way ahead on the extender lead. When my head hit the pavement I dropped the lead and I thought Stevie would take off, so I said "WAIT" and he did! When I looked up he was standing stock still and looking at me with his head to one side as if saying "What are you doing down there?"

What a good boy Stevie. I was slightly miffed that he didn't come over and investigate whether or not I was o.k, but he did exactly what I asked of him!

Also, it seems that, after nearly 16 months he appears to have stopped marking indoors when I go out. Doubly good boy!

Marion xx

mod2

Post by mod2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:19 pm

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 by SharonR

Ouch I felt that. Hope you are OK Marion and glad the boy did good!

Return to “Rainbow Bridge”