In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Stevie Staffie DOB 25.02.04 - 09.05.18

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Mar 14, 2009 7:22 pm
Stevie with Marion
Stevie with Marion
Hello Lynne.

I have been dreading writing this message but my lovely, special boy lost his battle with heart failure yesterday - 9th May. His medication had begun to stop working and the cough, caused by his enlarged heart, got worse. The day before, whilst out on his walk, he had a fainting spell. The vet said that this was due to lack of oxygen and they would only become more frequent. So made the awful decision to give him peace and he crossed the bridge with me singing to him “You are my sunshine” whilst hugging him close. I always sang this song to him and he would often look at me with those gorgeous brown eyes and I’m sure he would have rolled them if he could!

Gosh I miss him so. He was the most gentle of souls (if you weren’t a cat!) and the house is so quiet without him. He would follow me around and I miss the sound of him trotting behind me. The bed felt so empty last night. I think the worse bit though, is coming home to an empty house. Stevie would be so excited to see me and would bring me a present of one of his toys or his food bowl. He would never let me have it, though!

Thank you for letting me have over 5 years of complete joy with my boy. He’s been my companion and confident throughout. He’s been with me through some trying times and it’s been an honour to look after him in his final years.,

Love Marion (Stevie’s heartbroken mum)
Stevie2.jpg
Stevie's thread below
Homing Requirements: Stevie is an ideal family dog; he adores his family. He is fully trustworthy, proven around children over 7 years old. Good skills on meeting mature dogs, but can get excited if energy is too full-on or lively so needs supervision. Needs to be retained on a lead and a secure garden. Not for cats, small furries. Only pet status.

Stevie's famous Frog video
Video: Fetch!
Video: Sit Down Good Boy!
Video: Stevie Sit Catch Paw Good Boy!

Video: Stevie with a skip in his step

His Story: Stevie was raised & trained by an adoring couple who kept in contact with his homebreeder for the first year. 4 years later he was found stray and unclaimed. Homed for a year but returned. He is in kennels and coping well. Stevie is vax'd and neutered.

Advert: Stevie is a STAR...yes he really is Stevie Wonder. An excellent Stafford from a sound background and kind endearing temperament. Stevie has proven himself time and time again & Rosettes and accolades galore...this is a terrific dog with a warm heart and lots of tolerance and is fun to be around in an active family. A gentleman...a "must have" Staffie!

Stevie has just turned 8 and is in brilliant health. He was always been adored and treasured and so carries an 'I'm loved' air on his sweet face and kind eyes. Stevie is fine around mature dogs but like most terriers, needs supervision to avoid him becoming worried or over excited. Stevie is a no! for cats, small furries. Stevie has always been an only dog & would get worried having another dog in his house even as a visitor. Stevie will shine through and find a family who are confident and will applaud his many gifts. Stevie a true Wonder!

Please visit Stevie Staffie DOB 25.02.04 Rochester Kent on our Forum to find out more about him and follow his progress.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete Our on-line Homing Questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

See Stevie's thread below: Watch his progress through our Rescue
Black/Brindle/White Staffie, entire male approx. 5yrs. Available fm 8.2.09 but only just OK to be released. Has chip but owner cannot be traced.
Good bodily condition, slightly underweight. Likes to be with people, but not good with some dogs or cats. A trained dog, and responds to commands well. Sweet boy, but can be lively and bouncy. Knows sit and paw and is willing to learn more!! Loves playing ball, and toys and loves the odd treat!
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Stevie Staffie DOB 25.02.04 Rochester Kent

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 by xxlynne

Stevie was neutered yesterday and first vax'd. This meant he travelled in the front seat with me for 80 mins going and about 100 mins travelling back...what can I say I fell in love .

This picture doesn't capture him..he is so lovely and you've got to keep stroking him..full of velvet. Sadness there currently, but he gives the most wonderful little licks, to acknowledge and reciprocate affection.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 by xxlynne

Chatted to Stevie's breeder. She had his mother Amy a fawn staffie (Stevie was her first litter) and his father Butch Black brindle who is her one remaining dog. She rehomed Amy to Sittingbourne several months ago. She said they are really good staffies, lovely temperament. She also bred Guinea pigs so they must have been well adjusted. She only knows that the young couple she sold him to in April 04 often would take him into the local petshop where they found his advert to show him off, as to how well he was doing..as their pride and joy. Sad story behind how he was found stray and sat in the owners local pound for so long.
Stevie's Dad Butch and his puppies one is Stevie

Stevie's mum Amy how has just been retired from breeding and homed.

They both have lovely, lovely temperaments ... now doesn't that surprise us!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 by xxlynne
Hi,I found a date of birth for Stevie,he was born 25th February 2004 from a litter of 8 !!! I think it is Stevie in the photo with his dad,Butch,i havnt found anymore photos of Amy,I gave most of them to my friend but I have enclosed the one I found.Stevie was born in the garden of England,in Benenden Kent,a cherry orchard joins the garden,its just like the darling buds of may,hope you can find him a lovely home,if hes like his mum and Dad he will be a very lovely natured,intelligent dog,kind regards Jackie
Now have pictures but scanned in so cant show here. They can go to his new owners when they adopt..just have to find them! Have reported him as a lost dog to Battersea just in case his owners went there looking for him and not Croydon pound
Thankyou for the photos,hes lovely and has more the look of his mum about him,if his new owners want to meet his dad they are more than welcome to come down to see him,all the best,kind regards Jackie
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 by EmmaSemple

Stevie is a funny lad. One minute he is so responsive and totally for you the next he is far more interested in doing his own thing and ignores all your commands towards him.
He is a bit of a ladies man though and a happy voice and open arms towards him and he is waddling up for a cuddle.
He also has a cheeky chappie

Stevie's only vice is that he is obsessed with his food bowl. It has to be picked up straight away as overnight he will chew it left in with him. Considering we have metal bowls that could lead to cut gums. He has a good appetite and we find that he is less interested if it is in a bowl stand.
When he gives us his food bowl as an offering after he has finished his dinner, he then sits there looking at us sideways grinning away. He does make me laugh!
Emma
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 by xxlynne

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 by Ollie&bex

:D Hi everyone, Gosh what a difference a day makes!! Had a brill, quiet night's sleep last nite - they thought I should sleep down stairstairs on my own..... however I had different ideas :lol: , I fancied going upstairs and my bed was moved to Ollie's room and I SNORED for England Alllll night LOL!! I've had a lovely walk and a nice bath this morning and this afternoon after my lunch I've just chilled in the conservatory and garden - lovely and sunny here and very quiet......... Just watching the Grand Prix.... Go Lewis!!! Missing you all, but I do like it here....... lotsaluv Stevie xxxxxxxx

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 by Ollie&bex

:D Hi everyone, I've had a really lovely first week at home. Lots of walks, met some new friends - 2 legged AND 4 legged ones....... got along with everyone just fine!! I'm eating well, sleeping (and snoring...!!! :lol: ) for England, and have been very good when everyone goes to school and work. I'm having lots of cuddles and went for the day to Marlow yesterday - here are some photos!!
Lots of Luv Stevie XXXX
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 by Ollie&bex

:D Hi all! Just to let you know have had a great week - been good when left - no tiddles this week!! A quiet weekend but plenty of walks, Dad took me to the children's playarea that has a fence round it and let me off - I chased lots of balls and had a good time.... there weren't any children in there tho'!! :wink: Dad won't let me off in the field tho' yet - he's a bit worried that I won't come back if I see another dog or a bird....... (he! he! it's the cats that I'd like to chase!!) I've helped Dad in the garden this weekend and watched Britain's Got talent with Mum last night - we had a big bag of picnmix sweets.... and guess what?? I got the chocolate mice......Mmmmmmm :tongue3:
Hope you are all well - glad to see Tara has a nice new home.... take care, luvnstuff Stevie XX

I helped Dad in the garden..... I'm just watching to make sure there are no frogs around.......

Gosh that was a busy day, we'll just have a little relax on the sofa eh Dad?

Apparently this is called a caravan.... and my holiday home for our summer hols.... I quite like the sofa...... hope I'll be able to sleep here..... :lol:
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 by Ollie&bex

Hi everyone - I have been busy cuddling this week.......
Dad - he was watching Back to the Future 2 for the 17th time.....ZZzz

Bex - she loves cuddles too.......

Ollie - I missed him today, he went to a birthday party.......Image

.....and finally me and Mum fell asleep last night watching the Eurovision Song Contest..... LOL :lol: [/img]

I'm off now as I've just noticed it's stopped raining and it's time for MY WALKIES...... Yeah!
Luv Stevie xx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”