Re: Ellie Crossbreed DOB 2007 - 2015

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

ClaireG 30 Jan 2012 08:04 pm

shine your light little girl :love1:
Rescue Remedies_2

xxlynne 31 Jan 2012 08:36 am

Small but very significant steps with the cats...Ellie has made friends with Tiger and Bertie is making signs to come close and make friends too. Ofcourse Ellie is meanwhile all consumed with her duties in 'Stroke and cuddle' duties and beginning to meet people who have heard all about her..
Rescue Remedies_2

Waynetill67 04 Feb 2012 12:30 am

Hi everyone, sorry for the late update.
It's been a realy interesting week with Ellie!
After meeting her with Lynne on Sunday, we took her home, a 2hr drive back to bishops stortford, in which she was given some snacks over the back seat from the kids, but then she rested most of the way, she is an excellent traveler!
The first day she was naturally very excited, we kept the cats well away, and spent the night downstairs with her to settle her in.
On the Monday we took her for a nice walk and introduced her to the staff at our gym, (she's been there twice so far) and they loved her and her silly playfulness on her back with her legs in the air showing off!
I'm no behaviourist but after a couple of days once she settled down ( actually once we all settled down) you could realy see the true Ellie playful, insecure, friendly, untrusting, sometimes a very little growl, especially with me to begin with, as if She was associating me with someone, I'm guessing a male who she didn't like or trust from her past.
She really watched every move I made and didn't seem to relax especially if she had a toy, she'd chew it and focus on me as if she was wondering about my next move. I thought I'd try another tact and get her mind off sight and on to scent, so I sat down passively sideways to her and encouraged her to sniff me, my shoes etc, immediately she relaxed, did a circuit of her bed, groomed and went to sleep. After that, if she became a bit fixated I'd gently hold my hand or foot out, she'd have a sniff (rather her than me!) and again relax.
By far the biggest most positive change was on Wednesday night, she settled down on the sofa (prefers it to the £40 bed we bought her!) and definitely had some kind of bad dream, we gently woke her and beckoned to come and sit between me and Christine, she went off to sleep and again she seemed to have another bad dream, less so though, again we gently woke her, she then seemed fine. She jumped back on her sofa and stretched out legs way behind and progressively went into a deeper sleep breathing out heavily going into a more relaxed state it was quite amazing for me and chris to watch, just like she was really letting go.
The difference in her is quite amazing, relaxed settles easily, and seems much more content.
The cats are increasingly curios, especially tiger who wants to make friends, but they are not yet fully sure of one another, Ellie always try's to stay at least 3 feet from them, which is really good, the only time we have had any problems is when Bertie gets annoyed and Ellie will have a go back him and if she gets to close too soon to tiger the same happens, but we're very confident that things are improving, it may take a few weeks but the cats are increasingly coming to inspect where Ellie is together (very funny)
Two walks today plus numerous scatty run arounds in the back garden, the last walk was with with me, Chris and our daughter Holly, and she lapped up being with the "pack" tail high! it was a nice crisp winter walk, wow how much better than watching tv!
The whole family loves Ellie
Ellie is daddies girl now I'm afraid - sorry!
Rescue Remedies_2

westbrom1 04 Feb 2012 08:40 am

Thank you for such a lovely update. It sounds like you've handled the early stages with Ellie really well. I hope things carry on the same way!
Rescue Remedies_2

ClaireG 04 Feb 2012 08:41 am

dam ... should have put on my waterproof mascara before reading that!!!
So good to read that she is being given chance to loosen up and be a house doggie proper! can't wait for Ozmum n aunt to read that update!

So far so good .... :love1: [/I]
Rescue Remedies_2

staffylevi 04 Feb 2012 11:46 am

Fabulous update... we want pics! [smilie=to funny.gif]
We are only up the road in Hertford so if you ever need any help just shout! :) My OH loves Ellie, she is his screensaver. lol!
Rescue Remedies_2

Ozaunt 04 Feb 2012 11:59 am

Oh this is WONDERFUL reading, I am so over the moon that Ellie is in a loving understanding home. Last time we took Ellie out it was a real heartbreaker putting her back in her kennel, she really didn't want to be left. Ellie is such a sweetheart, a real girlie little poppet, she so deserves this chance and I am keeping everything crossed that all continues to go well with what is obviously a very lovely family. I think I'll burst with happiness if lovely photos get posted!!! :bighug: :love3: Xx
Rescue Remedies_2

Ozmum 04 Feb 2012 01:10 pm

WOW, Ellie's luck has changed at last to have found such a lovely understanding family.
Thank you for giving her a chance and for posting such a wonderful update :flower:
I'm off to re-do my eye make-up now. I noticed that Ozdad left the room a bit quick after reading over my shoulder too!!!
Carry on being a good girlie Ellie, this is your time now.
xxx
Rescue Remedies_2

Waynetill67 04 Feb 2012 01:18 pm

We have lots! Unfortunately I can't post photos from my iPad so I'm going to download them onto the Mac and I'll post them later today, this morning a treat ( for us as much as her I think) we had time for a lie-in so went down and let Ellie outside to do her thing, fed her, then brought her upstairs to have some toast, (tiny bit for her) she spent half the time sleeping totaly under the covers and the other time when she got too hot, on top of the bed, we all snoozed off and woke up at 12!
Photos later!!
Rescue Remedies_2

Waynetill67 04 Feb 2012 01:40 pm

staffylevi:83790 wrote:
Fabulous update... we want pics! [smilie=to funny.gif]
We are only up the road in Hertford so if you ever need any help just shout! :) My OH loves Ellie, she is his screensaver. lol!

Many thanks for that, Hertford's realy not far from us, maybe when she settles we could go for a walk with you or you with us?

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”