Glenn Cairn x JRT? DOB ?2004 2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Glenn Cairn x JRT? DOB ?2004 2018

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Nov 07, 2007 8:59 pm
GlenPack3.JPG
Dear Glenn such love; such low self esteem but such fun we had together. A delightful boy who sadly gradually lost his pack of 7 and was unable to form new relationships due to his nerves. Glenn has had many trips as my companion of late as we travel out to collect dogs. So pleased he is finally at Peace and his suffering has been curtailed before it took hold.
Glenn.jpg
Glenn's thread below:
Glenn was found tied up to a tree in Sherwood forest with a JRT female ( who had recently had pups) obviously left overnight. Both were barking at anyone who came near and were petrified. Glenn was homed but showed signs of overt aggression to visitors. He has been with us since early April 07; good with the dogs; was always the under dog in the pack due to his poor self-esteem but now far more pitched and the pack player. He has developed love and trust, currently very happy. Accepts his fosterers and most visitors. He loves to play with balls and chew bones. He isn’t destructive -needs checking with his housetraining. Building trust all the time. Neutered, vac’d & ‘chipped.

Well what "cairn" I tell you about my Glenn in the 6 and a half years we have had him. He is happily living with 4 other terriers. He is far too nervous to go for walks; he lives on his wits and it is so sad to see him outside threatened by everything people and dogs. He leads a very fulfilled life in the house and garden. His day begins with Lorenzo calling him down to the garden, he then comes back onto the bed to place his paws on my chest with one intent to drink from my mug of coffee, most mornings he shares half my morning mug coffee with Minxie our Patterdale. He has a thing about Lorenzo going down the stairs and fires up in a very threatening way IF I'm in the bedroom or study. Apparently when I'm out the house he is not at all concerned. if Lorenzo ever raises his voice Glenn will lunge and bite him badly on the calf. So Lorenzo and I am always aware of Glenn.

After my shower in the morning Glenn follows me around licking the water from my legs. As I dress he is on the bed with Max and Minxie playing, chirping away in delight. He does the same when Lorenzo has a seista of an afternoon and goes to bed at night. Glenn is scarred of both our Staffies and makes a tremendous racket when Monty goes up to his rest room at night and comes down of a morning. Recently he accidently went into the garden and Monty was still there..Glenn flew back into the house 110 miles an hour.

Glenn has a few other issues. He loves his food and when you bring it up the stairs he does little leaps of glee, and dances with his paws up in the air and he hops on two legs walking backwards and leaping up in delight, which is so quaint. Glenn will eat most things including banana and orange!

Glenn has never lost his innate inner conflicts. He is a one person's dog I know he would never bite me but despite the fact he loves and plays with Lorenzo he will and does bite probably seriously 2x a year and challenges him constantly. He used to tolerate certain people in the home, building trust via the muzzle. He once bite a dog walker who used to walk our Rescue dogs, got out of the lounge and latched on to his ankle and wouldn't let go. That was a bad day! However once having been totally happy in the presence of a friend doing work in the house over a 5 week he suddenly launched and bit him through thick denims and I have never trusted him since and he is kept away from the seldom visitors we have.

Glenn is a very happy chap. He loves deeply and 5 years of building his confidence up has helped but he is easily striped bare again if in anyway over-challenged he has a fragile core. He is the pack leader in the pack just because he has at some point has grabbed each of the dogs in scrapes over the years. It is a very funny thing that 3 of our dogs came within 4 -5 months of each other Toby in Oct. Minxie in March and Glenn in April. all unhomeable but all adorable.

Glenn named because he was found tied up in Sherwood Forest..'Robin Hood; Robin Hood riding through the Glen! Sweet dear terrier with the most tender of hearts.
mod6

Re: Glenn Cairn x JRT? DOB ?2005 Richmond

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:56 pm by xxlynne

Glenn is doing really well. he is far more confident in accepting dogs through his home and people. Sue and dee can come in when ever they wish and he welcomes them.
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:24 pm by xxlynne

Yesterday I put a Patterdale pup in with Glenn. Â He played with her quite rough and I lost my nerve. Today I was forced to mix them and boy see Glenn play and play...why do we interfere!
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:49 pm by Jane

How is little Glenn doing?
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:09 pm by xxlynne

Glenn is doing really well. He is privileged currently being in our bedroom playing a social role to keep Molly the Greyhound company. They love each other. (Minxie was too scarred of Molly for her to remain in the lounge)

So Glenn has great sleeps on our bed; plays with Molly and accompanies her on walks and in the garden. He is muzzled but he jumps for joy when you pick his muzzle up and it doesn't show being the same colour as his fur. He is still reactive on most occasions when out but with perseverance he learns to settle and trust. A great source of amusement...Glen is the only one taking Glenn seriously.

A very very loving dog who gives his heart. Once he trusts you can do anything with him and too him he is sealed to love and obey. A bright intelligent dog full of fun
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:30 am by xxlynne

How can we resist..

Lorenzo and I have decided that Glenn..is part of our heart and family. He will be with us safe and sound for the rest of his life and help us in the work we do.

He is happy here and contributes a 'Jolliness' to our pack.
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:01 am by Jane

Congratulations Lynne and Lorenzo

I'll take him off the website then????
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:16 am by Mow

Oh well done Lynne and Lorenzo! and nice one Glenn
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:04 am by Dee

PMSL - *now wishing I had taken bets on Lynne and Lorenzo finally admitting he is one of their pack - would have been a millionnaire Rodney* LOL

Congratulations to you all
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:41 pm by SharonR

Glenn was the first dog that caught my eye on your website before I spotted Tex, but I thought we would struggle with him and Tex was the better option for our pack and home situation. So now I am absolutely over the moon that he has found his forever home because he has been on my mind for some time. Well done Lynne and what a handsome dog he is. Wishing you many happy years together.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”